“A Pearl on Bali”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Padangbai
Berlin, Germany
“A Pearl on Bali”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This is a special place.... We actually booked for 2 nights but couldn't leave that beauty after such a short period of time. If you like nature, if you personal atmosphere, if you like beautiful flowers and gardens, if you like stunning views on the ocean....that might be your place. From the beginning on the arrival you feel welcome at this place. Staff is extraordinary warm-hearted, helpful and friendly. The Villas (we stayed in a two bedroom) are equipped with everything you need and furnished very tasteful. This is an eco-resort with that feature homegrown food prepared in a very delicious way. Price-performance level is very ok for European level, even though a bit high for Indonesia. Please keep in mind that nearly all of the buildings a pretty open, so if you are not much of a nature fan (in terms of insects and so on), you might consider a stay at this place. For all the others…..this isn’t just a perfect whistle stop on the way to the Gili’s but also an amazing place to relax.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom Villa in front row. This way you also have a complete closed room as alternative
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in August and couldn't imagine a more relaxing place. I am travelling alone and found that this was a very special part of my trip. The outdoor rooms were private, clean and the view was the best part! Supper friendly helpful staff, good food, and excellent facilities. The pool was beautiful. I liked the location, it felt like it was very private and your own little world. I would recommend bloo lagoon for anyone looking to relax!!

• Stayed August 2013
UK
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here for one week in Sept 2013 - after just a couple of days felt completely relaxed after some heavy travelling. Villa was wonderful, with great views across the bay to Candidasa. Staff very friendly and helpful. An Eco village with organic gardens - the food was very good. Shared the roof of our villa with some amazing geckos! A stiff walk up to the villas from the village but the free shuttle is always available.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ubud, Indonesia
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic Eco stay in a little beach/snorkelling town at the top of the hill with fabulous views. Organic garden on site, sustainable grey water recycling system, solar powered villas and 7 beautiful ponds. Fantastic food and groovy rooftop bar with great margaritas. Celebrated a 60th Birthday Party with 10 friends from around the world. Perfect complex for this with 20-odd private villas, great staff, yoga in the morning and low chemical pool and secret little beach - 5 min walk. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Bali for a weekend (I'm working in Singapore) to get some well needed relaxation from our very stressful everyday lives.

My girlfriend had chosen Bloo Lagoon for the night between Saturday and Sunday and the only thing I knew before arriving was that it was somewhat out of the way, and that the price was higher than other options we had looked at. My only impression (from the official homepage) was that it looked like an over priced holiday/charter resort for families with children (which we don't have) and a waste of our money.

I was quite wrong. We arrived early Saturday afternoon and I was still stressed, irritable and in a bad mood (Bali so far had only made me more irritated than calm), but when I saw the villa we were allocated all my stress and frustration just melted away.

The villa was just beautifully open (literally), elegantly decorated, clean and simply just radiated plain serenity.
We loved the sea view from the terrace/living room so much that I decided to sleep on the sofa instead of in the bed just to enjoy the open air, the view of the sea, the stars, hearing the sounds of nature and waking to the sunrise.

After 24 hours my stress factor had gone from 200% to nothing.

I normally avoid spending money on hotels because I usually just want to use it for sleeping to get out and do something else during the days anyway. A decent bed in a hotel in a good location is normally all I look for. The Bloo Lagoon is probably the first ever hotel I actually felt I could stay in all day and just enjoy. It is just so serene. So feng shui. So perfect for what i needed. I loved it!

Added to this is of course access to really good dive and snorkeling sites, a nice pool and a spa (which I didn't have time to try although I had a free voucher).

I afterwards read some of the more negative comments here, and it seems like this place was pretty run down a couple of years ago. I saw nothing of that. The place felt very well kept and good quality.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed for one week at Bloo Lagoon, to enjoy the view, the fresh air, the hospitality of the staff, the nice bungalow and more, while I was writing on a book. Perfect place to do so. Breakfast is top quality. Only thing less good is the internet connection - but who cares in such a nice place.

Room Tip: I prefer the view on Candidasa. When you are on the side of Padangbai, you will hear the sounds of t...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is the 3rd time to this eco village, and the first review. We have been as a family only, a group birthday celebration and lastly as a couple.
In all visits we were astounded by the staff, amenities, meals, service, views ,organisation of trips, taxi service to and from local village and the general no fuss manner at which it all gels together.
You want a relax, chill out, adventure back to nature in first rate accommadation at very reasonable rates for what is offered. Catch the ferry to Padang Bai for coastal views or drive on the Aussie funded road from Kuta with loads of village life to admire on the way, this is Bali at it's best, Bali Hai soc suma.

Room Tip: views to Candidasia quieter side as Padang Harbour can be noisy, hey but if you like nautical/ villa...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
TonyGwilliam, Owner at Bloo Lagoon Village, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for your review. I sometimes think that we should grade our guests and write reviews of them also. We so enjoy those of you who come with joy and add to the village atmosphere, making Bloo Lagoon a living village and happy home for all homeowners, staff and guests. Come again soon we enjoy sharing with you.
Sincerely
Tony Gwilliam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Padangbai
Candi Beach Resort & Spa
Alila Manggis
Alila Manggis
#1 of 8 in Manggis
Rama Candidasa Resort & Spa

Been to Bloo Lagoon Village? Share your experiences!