We chose the Bloo Lagoon as accommodation choices in Padang Bai are not huge and the ads on their web site were very inviting.
Unfortunately we were disappointed when we found their 'village' did not live up to the description. Yes we had a huge unit with 4 double beds in it (for 2 people) with a wonderful view - but only one area was closed off and air conditioned with the air con unit blowing directly onto the bed! There were no comfortable chairs and the ants that took refuge in our clothing overnight were obviously enjoying us for breakfast in the mornings!
The Bloo Lagoon is atleast 10 minutes from sea level including 53 steps and if you choose to add variety, speedy service and some quality fair to the very limited Bloo Lagoon restaurant experience by going independently into the village, it is quite a steep dark night time treck.
We understand that the facility is advertised as 'Eco' but that I would not have thought should include allowing wasps to feast on the water melon breakfast offerings unmolested or the atleast some attempt to bail the wind blown debris out of the pool a couple of times a day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An international village, a combination of home, studio, and shared resort. Each of the 25 imaginative, distinctive and elegantly designed villas which make up this hill top resort enjoy panoramic views over Blue Lagoon Bay and Mount Agung and have been personalized by their individual owners so that time spent here is like staying in someone else's home. All are within easy reach of the free form swimming pool. Each home has been designed to help guest rediscover nature with open spaces flowing from outdoors to indoors. The village has been created and is operated with environmental sustainability dominant. The underlying aim of Bloo Lagoon Village is to improve the lives of all participating individuals, the guests, local villagers and life on our planet through an intuitive understanding of nature and a cooperative environment of mutual exchange from which all parties benefit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bloo Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bloo Lagoon Village Hotel Padangbai
- Bloo Lagoon Village Padangbai, Bali