“Magical set up and very friendly staff :)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Megalong Valley Tearooms

Megalong Valley Tearooms
Cuisines: Cafe, Australian
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Historic tearooms set amidst the stunning sandstone escarpments of the upper Blue Mountains. Breakfast, lunch, tea, coffee, scones and cakes served every day.
Sydney, Australia
“Magical set up and very friendly staff :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great atmosphere, very hame made style breakfast and of course great teas. We were here last week, and went back again today for more scones and jam, all the way from Sydney. we will be back soon for more.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Asiyeh2014

London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful setting & good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have family who live in Megalong and they were keen for us to meet them here for lunch, I've since been back a few times. It's a gorgeous setting, sitting in the gardens overlooking the Valley. They serve a mean apple pie with an obscene amount of cream! On one occasion I tried the roll for lunch, I swapped the cheese for ham with no objections, and what arrived was quite a sight, a huge roll stuffed with hand carved ham and mountains of salad (some home-grown I think) it was fresh and delicious, exactly what I wanted. Others tried the pie, and apparently the pastry was good but the filling a bit dry and could have done with some gravy or sauce... I'm English so appreciate the need for gravy :) Lovely iced tea and milkshakes and the scones looked fabulous. Service is always good and friendly, I don't expect rushed and over-attentive service out in the country. It suits a more laid-back lifestyle which suits me just fine.

• Visited April 2014

Hardly recommend

2 Thank Armin K
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

We went and had scones, soup and sausage rolls and pies and it was all great, with good coffee. Service was friendly and country style didn't get any of the issues others had and it was a busy Sunday lunch.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JK-Aust
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Love the jams”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Morning tea was part of the tour package we purchased and we were brought to Megalong Valley Tea Rooms. Being the Easter weekend AND school holidays, we had expected this place to be packed and overflowing with people. Fortunately for us, we were spared the experience.

Tea Rooms operates from an old house with indoor and outdoor seating. The vast empty land beside it makes the area spacious. We sat outside as the weather was lovely that morning. According to our guide, we would be able to spot wild kangaroos or eagles if we were lucky.

Our group ordered the scones and pies. Service was a bit slow, perhaps due to the long weekend. Our orders took 30min to arrive. They did make a mistake with one order which they rectified by bringing the right dish within 10 minutes.

I enjoyed their jam very much. Jams are available for purchase inside for $8 a jar. If you have trouble settling on a flavour, you may purchase their gift set consisting of 4 small jars of different flavoured jam or mustard.

Definitely will come back again here if I am within the vicinity.

For other aspects of my Blue Mountains visit, visit my blog at http://arazlin.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/touring-blue-mountains.html

• Visited April 2014