We booked reservations here because of the reviews we'd read on Tripadvisor - and we're happy we did ! Tom and his brother are very friendly, and accommodating. We stayed two nights. The first night we were in room 2, which is in the front of the inn and has a nice large window, so there was a good breeze coming in. It was a very nice room with a comfortable bed. I was surprised how well appointed the rooms were, with a very modern bathroom, and the bathroom had a nice window as well. There was a nice tea set up, with home-made flapjack biscuits in each room. There was a large King size bed in the room, and since there were 3 of us - they put in a blow up mattress in the room as well.
The second night, we moved into two rooms, I was in room 4 - still at the front of the inn, again with a big window for a nice breeze, but my friends were in Room 2, facing the back garden. Their room was very stuffy and warm, with no air circulation. They had a small window in the room and one in the bathroom, but the curtains were very thin, and since meals are served in the back garden, they felt like they had very little privacy. Nevertheless, we loved staying there. I would just recommend staying in the rooms that are in the front of the inn.
As far as the meals - - we had dinner there one night and the food was varied and excellent - all fresh, home-grown vegetables and deliciously prepared. We had breakfast there two mornings and they were also really good. They leave a paper in your room each evening, that you fill out with the choices of food you would like for breakfast, and then it's ready for you when you come down in the morning.
We all liked staying in the Horse and Groom, and would come back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With all the laidback charm of a true Cotswolds country pub, at the Horse and Groom we pride ourselves on our friendly service, award-winning food and drink and sumptuous B&B accommodation in individually styled bedrooms. Located in the heart of Bourton on the Hill, here you can retreat for a leisurely meal, stop by for a drink and stay over for a relaxing break. Our light and airy bar is well stocked with real ales and wines and the beautifully restored dining room, with its log fire blazing in the winter makes a welcoming setting in which to enjoy our exquisite classic British cuisine with a modern twist. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Horse and Groom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Horse & Groom Hotel Bourton-On-The-Hill
- Horse And Groom Bourton-On-The-Hill, Cotswolds