“Lago Taurito”

Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Taurito
Warsaw, Poland
“Lago Taurito”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I spent one week with my family (me, wife and 2 children). The food was very good but in the long run can get boring. Animation team was just wonderful. Special thanks to Saki. Animations lasted the whole day, not only for children but also for adults. I would recommend hotel for families with children.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Magda M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
sheffield
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Twp adults two kids arrived and went to our family room which I was disappointed with after a substantial upgrade fee, patio door didn't lock properly (you could open it with a shake) I complained at reception but got no where! I asked for another room but got told "no we like to keep kids on the ground floor" (after the fire stories I can see why.) Food was average the restaurant is like a bun fight at a tea party the staff work hard I only had a problem with a couple of aggressive and rude Chefs, the entertainment at the disco was good the kids loved it! I would never go back though the place was run down and dated.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank SheffieldCarlton19

Travelers are raving about these Taurito hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 15, 2013

To start with poor service as I booked for a family of four and they said I'd only paid for three so took a while to sort out ! I was right in the end .. Had a room with camp beds due to not having the room we paid for !! Some staff wer great and the hotel is clean .. Hotel came to a total stand still when the rain came ! water pouring through ceiling from lights and staff unconcerned and kept the electric on plaster then falling from ceiling . The place is clean but no British people seemed to be in the place until we met a family at end of hol . Water park and animation team great overall very secluded we got told it's better during peak season but we had a good holiday after some teething problems also food is not too bad it's what you expect from a three star .

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank WildSide1990s
Paris
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

I booked a 3 night stay here through Groupon and was a little nervous about the possible standard of the hotel but was pleasantly surprised..

I went with a friend. We both just wanted to relax so it was ideal. It's mostly young families and older couples and can definitely see why families love it. Within the resort there is the aqua park, an arcade and small bowling alley. It has it's own beach and a decent pool area.

The food was good for all inclusive. Something for everybody and some tasty options- you're never going to get fine cuisine at a mass buffet.

The service was great and the staff lovely- really polite and happy to help.

We also did a boat excursion through 'Raul' where we spotted dolphins and did a lil banana boating- fab day- again, the staff were amazing- hilarious and entertaining but also safety conscious.

All in all, a great holiday. The resort is a little secluded so it can be difficult to 'escape' but there's definitely a lot to keep young families entertained.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank RanneH
Co. Durham
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at Paradise Lago Taurito Hotel, 4 adults and 2 kids 10 and 12, in a nutshell this is a lovely hotel spoilt by the food. The good points are: Inside is clean, maids 6 days not Sunday, rooms are lovely and big with air conditioning and a fridge. Rooms differ as we had a bath/shower but next door had only a shower. No problem with lifts, waterpark brilliant for everyone but not especially clean, it was free but sunbeds were 2 euros per bed, snacks and drinks were all inclusive here but no wine only beer, soft drinks and snacks (burger, hotdog, toastie) which finish at 5.00. It was open from 10 till 6. Self service soft drinks were great during the day and ice cream at pool bar. Plenty of sunbeds never struggled to get good ones, lovely beach although black sand. Kids liked the trampoline bungees and entertainment centre. Ricardo of the entertainment staff was the only one worth doing activities with ie archery, bowls, shooting, darts, as for the others it seemed like a chore and couldn’t get it over quick enough. You have to go looking for the entertainment because they certainly don’t look for you unless your right beside the pool. Evening entertainment shows when they were on were ok. Everything is mimed even the talking.!
The bad points are: FOOD is cold or lukewarm and tasteless, soup was cold most of the time and food is very repetitive the same thing day after day. Pizzas were cold which they had every day and chips were also cold and not nice. Sweets/desserts were the same every night but different colours. Kids hardly ate anything at all. Restaurant is like a cafeteria with no manager keeping things in order. Tables were very slow to be cleared and you struggled to get a cleared one and these were usually cleared with slops scraped onto trolley in front of you while eating. Tables were never set, and cutlery was never replaced quick enough. No brown sauce at breakfast so take your own if you like it. Outside no chairs except at snack bar, and floor round bar very slippy. Snacks were burger, hotdog or cold toastie, heated sometimes if you were lucky. Bar snacks finished at 5.00 and there were no snacks after that. Your main dinner was from 6.30 to 9.30 (if you could face it). The hotel pool bar closed at 6.00 and you couldn’t get a drink in the hotel after that – you had to go to the outside bar which was near the waterpark entrance and again quite a hike to get a drink. At the outside entertainment area, there is only one toilet for men and one for women so there is always a queue. The indoor hotel bar opened at 8.00pm till 11.00pm. You had to pay for Baileys (no equivalent). No chocolate milk drink for kids or tomato juice and the reason for this I was told by one of the miserable bar staff was that it goes off with the heat – obviously haven’t heard of fridges in bars! Around sunbeds never cleaned with cups, papers etc left from days before and the small drinks tables were filthy. Walking to the waterpark took ages as you have to walk right down to hotel reception and then right the way back up to where you started. Considering that there was a stairway that was closed right beside the entrance to the waterpark this was a bit of a hassle especially for the kids. Salty water really stings eyes so take goggles and sudocreme cream for sore legs as I had to buy it there as somehow the salty water rubs between swimshorts and legs and I heard other kids complaining about this. Otherwise take swimming trunks as I had to buy these as well and the prices in the resort are not cheap however Port Mogan and Peurto Rico were reasonable. Most bar staff are miserable with the exception of a couple but waiters/waitresses in dining room wouldn’t know how to be pleasant. We always stay in 3star hotels and the food in this one spoilt a good holiday so would not return because of this. Some reviews say food is good but they obviously haven’t stayed in any decent hotels.

Room Tip: Higher floors give better views
3 Thank Veronica_Sams20
Belfast, Maine
Reviewed November 13, 2013

First of all id like the say massive thank you to Robert kids club king ! He was absolutely amazing with my children one in a wheelchair and one with autism.he was fantastic just got in there with them and made absolutely no difference with my kids and the other children THANK YOU Robert you are a real Gem ! You will be very missed as you leave for your new exciting journey !!majority of the staff fantastic as was the girl who cleaned our room ! On the more important note ,there was as title says major safety issues !We contacted the hotel and our rep before booking to ensure as we always do that the hotel was suitable for wheelchair users as i previously stated my youngest son is in a wheelchair .We were assured that it was so we booked our holiday,.We were told we were on the ground floor which wasn't the case as ground floor is reception then up a flight of stairs/ramp to the lobby and dining room then a lift up 2 flights of stairs to "ground" floor bedrooms . At 1.15am on the 1st november we were awoken by my brother banging on our door shouting fire ,when we got up we noticed that there was a thick smoke as previous comments have already stated there was a fire but no alarms ! We had 2other children in the apartment next door and while my husband and my brother were trying to get my other kids up it was left to me to get my 2youngest children down stairs , i had to with one hand on my sons chest and other on the chair handle bump his wheelchair down 2flights of stairs ! As you can imagine this wasn't easy ! When we got to the lobby it was also filled with black smoke so i didn't have time to reroute to the ramp i then had to bump my son down another flight of stairs as the receptionist stood with oxygen mask watching!!! He made no move to help me or ask if my son was ok or needed medical assistance ! We then stood out the front of the hotel as there was nowhere else to go! For 45 mins we begged and pleaded him to turn the fire alarm on which after the stated time he did with total reluctance ! We were then told to go to the sister hotel across the road where we had to ask for towels to warm our children up ! There were people making beds on the floor which we tried for my son but after a few minutes he was too sore doing this he had to be returned to his wheelchair !Then the receptionist came to tell me that i could take my children back into the smoke filled hotel and room ! My husband ,brother and his wife went back to check our rooms which were totally consumed with smoke !! We refused to take the kids back and were told we couldn't stay there due to the smoke that was in our first floor rooms and to pack up all our stuff ,but he hadn't made any arrangements for us to stay anywhere else !! With towels round our mouths and in a state of shock we stupidly packed up ! We then pleaded and begged for a room at the sister hotel ,which at around 6 in the morning they gave us 1room for a family of 6 !! My son had been in his chair for a total of 20hrs that day with a 2hour break in between , when we put him on one of the only 2beds i he was extremely stiff and sore ! The Next day till the day we left still no one came near us to check al was well with the only resident( the whole time we stayed) in a wheelchair , it is absolutely disgusting we with 2 vulnerable children were treated with such little care , there was no help what so ever and to find out that the hotel had previously experienced 2 fires, one the day before we arrived directly below our room and one a few wks previous all affecting the rooms that they stipulate for disabled !!! That the hotel or rep did not inform us before hand is disgusting i would strongly recommend anyone that is wheelchair dependant to stay away !! Two members of staff at night to cover a hotel full off over 700 people in a place frequented with fires an abomination!!! It took me over a wk to right this as the thoughts of what might have happened had my brother not got us all out is too much to comprehend!!my son with autism still cant cope with the words fire or smoke without a lot of distress ,something needs to be done !!!!!!

2 Thank Carol S
Veronica P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Paradise Lago Taurito, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Carol,

Thank you for your honest review. We are very sorry that the incident happened and that it had affected you and your family that much. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you were confronted with in that night.
Please understand that this situation was very stressful for us all; our staff had to attend local authorities as well as all guests and tried their best to find an immediate solution to all guest’s issues. With this in mind, we feel sorry that we could only offer you a second room in Valle Taurito from the day after for the rest of your stay and hope that, despite the incident, you could enjoy the last days of your stay.
The safety of our guests has absolute priority. The facilities were safe. Nevertheless we carried out a full safety audit the days following the incident.

Again, we would like to state that your safety as guestsis of absolute importance to us.
manchester uk
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The title says it all.As the previous reviewers said there was no Fire Alarm.All we got was a guy banging on our door at 2am shouting get out theres a fire for gods sake where was the fire alarm? Apart from the fire the food was ok on halloween night one of the waitresses had the full scary make-up on and scared my grandson half to death growling at him and showing her fangs (he is only 19 months old) since then my Daughter and i had to take turns going for our Breakfast, lunch and Dinners because he screamed his head off as soon as we went in the restaurant.if we went to the water park next door we got in free but we had to pay 2 euros for the Sunbeds,2 euros for the parasols ans 2 euros for the mattresses.you have to pay for the safe in the room,kettle,hair dryer etc.the night entertainment was very loud so if you have babies or small toddlers my advice would do not go to this hotel.I have had better Holidays than this and i will not be returning to this one.

4 Thank elaine006
ParadiseHR, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Paradise Lago Taurito, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Elaine,

Thank you for your review. Our most sincere apologies for having scared your small grandson. It was not the intention of our staff to frighten him. All staff members worked very hard to make Halloween special for all of our guests.

We understand your disappointment and concerns regarding the incident of Nov 1st. The room you were staying in is located in the left part of the building which was not affected by the incident and had not to be evacuated. We would like to assure you that the safety of our guests has absolute priority and the hotel was and is safe. In order to make absolutely sure there are no safety deficits, a general audit was carried out the days following the incident.

Again, thank you for your honest comments. Your opinion is very important to us.

Kind regards

Paradise Hotels & Resorts
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taurito
Mogan Princess & Beach Club
Hotel The Puerto de Mogan
Hotel The Puerto de Mogan
#2 of 2 in Puerto de Mogan
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Gran Canaria, Mogan

Been to Paradise Lago Taurito? Share your experiences!