“GREAT FAMILY HOLIDAY”

Paradise Lago Taurito
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Taurito
Reviewed April 24, 2013

JUST GOT BACK FROM THE LAGO TAURITO AND WE ALL HAD A LOVELY TIME.18TH APRIL 2013
I travelled with my wife and two boys 7 and 9 and we all had an excellent week away.
The room was fine and the views very good.
The food was very good and every night we had loads of choice,i some time think was is all the fuss about,you get multipule choices of items and all the food we ate was great.With regards to nutrition value my family all had plenty of this.Yes you can have pizza every day with chips but this item is only there to satisfy the lazy, fussy,ignorate people who just can't be bothered to try other items.
The water park is great and we all loved it espeacially as you can come and go at you will.
I would highly recommend a trip around the corner to porta morgan as this is a lovely little place to visit.Fridays is when the market is there.
Taxi is only 6 and half euros for the family or 5.6 euros on the bus.

The hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly.

The evening entertainment is a bit tongue in cheek but good fun.

We will be returning as this little resort is great.

NEIL
IPSWICH SUFFOLK

Room Tip: I would say lower 400s would be good but for a really nice sea view 6th I am afraid.
5  Thank neil p

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Travelled here at end of march this year, 2 adults & 3 kids (aged 6, 5 & 9 months). We stayed in a family room, all inclusive. The room was spacious enough for us, lovely balcony, spotlessly clean, a little noisy in the evening but nothing that would keep us awake. No kettle or delph or cutlery provided but I emailed ahead and requested it be there on our arrival which was no problem, and the cot too. Weird thing, we had to pay for a kettle and even remote control which I think was completely out of order. We gave the kettle back because it was €2.50 per day plus deposit. The food was a huge concern for me and to be honest it wasn't as bad as I expected. Always fresh meat, fish and salads available. Kids food was horrendous. Nothing of nutritional value there, which was very disappointing. The restaurant staff are great, very friendly & hard working. The restaurant is very chaotic but if you go early it's better. I think the wine was definitely watered down. Pool was lovely. Kids club was great. Mini disco every evening was great. Very friendly staff for kids club. Only found problem with one member of staff, trainee receptionist, very miserable and unprofessional manner, which is not what you need after travelling all day with young kiddies. She needs a new job. There's one hairdressers beside the shops where I got a fantastic blowdry. We would go back again, this hotel really suited our family. It's clean, chaotic and fun. Waterpark was great too. Bus to Mogan was great.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TALKGalway
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I will be brief on this review as the general theme of the traveller recommendations on this platform are pretty much on the button, but each individual has certain different tastes.

We are a family who travel frequently, we do top 5 star to small b & b's so we vary depending on the situation and take each occasion as it comes.

This holiday was booked at the very last minute for some much needed sun and was focussed on the kids aged 6 and 3 - so they would have a good time in the Easter holidays.

So we booked this hotel because of the obvious benefits for children - miniclub, waterpark and entertainment.

We knew it was 3 star and we knew it was also cheap. So we went on our holiday knowing what to expect.

You get what you pay for. But all in all, this is a satisfactory hotel. Except for one thing.

The food is not good.

It is not food-poisoningly dangerous, but the hotel group obviously uses low cost suppliers. Because of this, and despite being on an AI deal - we went out to eat most days.

Otherwise the waterpark is amazing, the entertainment is really good fun and the Animation team are fantastic. The reception staff also work very hard. The rooms are OK, but we don't spend hardly any time in our rooms on holiday so this wasn't a concern for us. But they do all have decent views.

If you have a car then the surrounding beaches and villages and towns are also well worth a visit.

So if its 3 star you are after and you have kids and are not overly fussy then this is fine. But the hotel really does need to improve the food.

Room Tip: All have great views
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I have just returned from this hotel on 15 Apr 13. The hotel itself is very clean but feeling a little tired. The food was okay but repetitive and often cold. There was plenty of choice so it was just a case of finding the right food that was fresh on the hotplate.

Accommodation wise the room was clean, the cleaning service was a little adhoc. They didn't want to make the sofa bed up, which was a shame as the bed was very uncomfortable. There was also a drip coming through the ceiling in the bathroom which dripped throughout the week despite being reported. The beds in the bedroom were great though so the kids were happy. All in all the bedroom/suite was fine.

The entertainment programme was mixed ranging from very good dancers and Mama Mia show to an awful comedy show. They try very hard though and the ents staff were very friendly.

The biggest plus to this hotel was the waterpark which is in front of the hotel that you use for free, apart from a 2 Euro charge per bed rental. The whole waterpark puts several others around Europe to shame, it is in need of a bit of care as there are tiles missing in places but that will not effect your enjoyment. I would go back there just for the waterpark!!

4  Thank MrBoyes
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just FYI: All prices in Euro...optional and not included in the room rate.

WIFI 25/wk;
Iron 10,00 dep 2,50/day;
Hairdryer 10,00 dep 2,50/day;
Hot water kettle 10,00 dep 2,50/day
Beach towel 10,00 dep 1,00/day;
Remote for TV 10,00 dep;
Safe 10,00 dep 3,00/day.

At the waterpark, you must pay 2,00/day for a lounge chair and 2,00/day extra for a cushion.

No bathsoap, shampoo, washcloths etc...in the rooms, however there is a little supermarket on property. It's perfect for sodas, water, and snacks for the room

Terrible beds and pillows. Thin mattresses and very thin pillows.

The food got a bit old, but it was fine. Don't drink the water from the sinks....we used bottled even to brush our teeth.

We had a wonderful time, however we read the reviews and knew it was 3 stars, therefore we did not have 5 star expectations. The hotel never represented itself as a 5 star establishment, and it seemed the guests who were frustrated, maybe should have stayed somewhere else. Definitely casual, friendly, fun and lots of kids. I would not suggest this place for a romantic getaway....but so fun for families!!!!

6  Thank letschkitout
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just got back from a week stay. While the animation team was nice everythign else was a bit of a let down. The place overall seems very run down. The putput place is so run down :( a lot of the tile at the pool was chipped or broken and you could find pieces of tile all over - not good for bare feet. Every single plate I grabbed for dinner was horribly chipped and could easily have caused cuts. The food.... horrible. Cold, over or under cooked food.We took a bus to the next cove more then once just to eat. The rooms were a good size, but the pillows they give are horrible, I wish I would have took a picture, the bed not much better. The bathroom flooded every time we took a shower cause there is no seal on the little door thing. The cleaning/maintness staff will knock on your door but do not wait for a response and let themselves in right away, this happened 3 times durning our stay, one of which my whole family was switching into swimsuits... The also don't make the bed, they just leave folded sheets and blankets on the bare bed.I would not stay here again if I was paid to. The hotel across looked much much nicer.

3  Thank swatts7622
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have only just got back from my holiday, I stayed from the 3rd April - 10th April and I can honestly say that after reading previous reviews I was worried that I had made a terrible mistake in booking this hotel. How wrong I was to worry....This hotel exceeded my expectations. When we first arrived I could not believe how beautiful the gardens were with immaculate landscaping and beautiful varieties of plants and trees. We then reached our hotel and could not believe how beautiful it was inside, the pictures online do not do it justice, there was a beautiful statue inside with fountains and waterfalls with down lighting so it was stunning. We went to our room which was 411. It had a separate front room / kitchen area and both the bedroom and front room had large sliding doors leading to the large balcony that overlooked the water park and had a wonderful view of the sea. In the mornings during sunrise it was stunning to be laying in bed with a view like that to wake up to.

The resort is laid back and friendly. We met some wonderful families out there from all different countries and the children loved every second. In the evenings we would go for dinner at the restaurant which was clean and lovely and then would stroll out to the plaza for the mini disco which my girls loved. The weather was perfect too, I got a nice tan in April although you will need a cardigan for the evening as it gets a little chilly.

About the food....I cannot for one second fault the food. I do not understand how any reviews on here can say that it is bad. Honestly I will be uploading pictures of what we had...examples are chicken breast cooked on a grill, steak, fresh fish, roast chicken, roast pork etc..then there were other options like pizza and Thai (the Thai food was not good I must admit as it was nothing like thai food!) then there was an amazing salad selection with olives, breads, dressings. More options like paella (seafood), more salads like advocado, rice, pasta, stroganoff, stews, Pasta bakes, potatoes and lots of vegetable options. Deserts were fabulous and the children ate their weight in ice cream during our stay. It was flexibly timed ie dinner until 9:30pm and very relaxed so if the children made a mess, had plates of uneaten food or dropped a plate, no one bat an eyelid and it was cleaned up immediately. Despite it being a buffet the sides of bowls of food were always clean. I hope this helps for anyone worrying about the food, it really is lovely and you would always find something to like.

The animation team were amazing especially Robert and you could be sitting by the pool and suddenly the music would come on and the team would do a dance with the children all joining in, it created a very happy atmosphere and you could have up to 4 hours of childcare a day from 11-1pm and then 3pm-5pm where the children would go to the beach / do activities with the team so mum and dad could have some alone time. Nothing seemed too much for them and they made my children feel very special.

All in all I hope that I have left some clarity about what to expect from this hotel. Anyone with children will love it and have an amazing holiday, We will certainly go back there, it is a very good value hotel and resort that exceeded expectation and gave my family memories that will last a lifetime.

Room Tip: We were on the forth floor at the front, room 411 which was a bit noisy until about 11pm but we did...
17  Thank EmmaW838
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taurito
Paradise Costa Taurito
#6 of 7 in Taurito
Hotel THe Puerto de Mogan
Hotel THe Puerto de Mogan
#2 of 2 in Puerto de Mogan

Been to Paradise Lago Taurito? Share your experiences!