3,870 results
All reviews black band tapas bar romantic dinner piano bar on tap three tenors gran canaria bottle of wine upgraded room branded drinks sun loungers pool area relaxing holiday puerto mogan average age main restaurant evening entertainment
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Spent two weeks at this hotel at the end of Aug/Sept. Hotel was kept very clean with good quality food and drinks offered at all sittings. The dining tables were somewhat cramped close together for all sittings and the sunbeds were also cramped very close together. Evening entertainment was mainly varied with a good variety offered but the main problem was the ‘smokers’, they usually sat outside and the smoke blew in through the open doors of the bars. We found that the only way we could really get away from the smoke in the evenings was to sit on our balcony on the first floor and look down. We certainly would not recommend the first floor as we were right above the disco which commenced at 11.00 pm each evening and which was very loud. We also had the misfortune of having a very uncomfortable round bed and it was too late to swap to another room as we had unpacked our suitcases and felt that we would just put up with it. There is a lovely gym which is not air conditioned which is a great pity as we feel it would be used a lot more. Found all the staff very helpful and a special mention to the Dutch receptionist (Romy) on the 6th floor, who was most helpful. The towels we were given during our stay were almost threadbare which is not a good reflection on the hotel.

There are few shops within walking distance of the hotel but there is a free daily bus that goes to Puerto de Mogan and on market day which is a Friday you will need to book your seat in advance. There are a few hotels in the immediate vicinity but the area is a bit isolated with no where you could have a nice long walk after dinner. There is also a children’s water park within earshot so there is quite a bit of noise from that from time to time.

Room tip: Choose upper floors to get away from evening entertainment noise and disco
Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for the first two weeks in September. Arrived late due to delay at Gatwick and was told that the restaurant was open for cold snacks and drinks at 22.30. Much needed after a long day travelling so just time to put my bags in the room first. Was allocated room 9033 top floor but lifts to everywhere so I was okay with that. When I opened the room with the key card I was very pleased with the size and style of the room. Massive four poster style bed all decorated in black and white. Drinks fridge with bottled water (replenished daily) and tea coffee making stuff. Small bottle of wine and two glasses on the table. There was a lovely marble bathroom with a walk in shower(one of the best I have used). The best though was when I opened the balcony doors and saw the view, amazing panoramic view over the pool, the beach, the ocean and even the entrance to the port at Mogán. The restaurants were much as I expected for 4 star and food was varied and plentiful, if not very hot but I think that may be a Brit thing. Breakfast was my favourite, full English with lovely fresh bread and rolls and a Chef making fresh eggs, omelettes etc. Plenty other cereals ,continental etc. Lunch in the restaurant by the pool was a bit hit and miss but you won’t go hungry. Drinks hot and cold on tap all day long on self serve. Waiter service at dinner for drinks and show cooking counter for carvery and fish etc plus a well stocked hot and cold buffet. Evening entertainment was average but on a par for all inclusive. Drinks were great, most branded included (Smirnoff, Jameson, baileys etc. Pool scene was great, good atmosphere and easy access to pool with steps and rails. Loads of sun beds and parasols no matter when you get there. Beach was accessed down some steps or a ramp and through a gate but you need room card to get back in. I assume this is to stop the kids from the sister hotel across the bay from getting in. Pool towels are in your room when you get there and changed in the hotel shop twice a week. Safe deposit box key card included at check in. All the staff were friendly and helpful .There is a gym and a spa which I didn’t use so l won’t comment. There is a water park next door but the noise was minimal. Room available for shower for late departures. Quite a lot of older people here which made for a lovely relaxed holiday by the sea. It is a bit isolated and I didn’t do any of the excursions available but enjoyed my two weeks and would love to return sometime.

Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank davidd375
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my second visit to the suite princess only this time with my 80 year old mom. I choose this hotel due to the facilities - large bedrooms -walk in shower-lifts to all floor including dinning area. The only thing that let this down was access out of the hotel down a slop that did have a metal handrail which became very hot ,mom couldnt use the steps due to her disability ,also the areas around the pool became slippy.
Last time I enjoyed the outside eating area on a lunchtime, this was only available on the first 2 days of our holiday due to work been carried out ready to change for the la a carte restaurant later this year. Lunch was then in the main dinning area -tables still too close to one another- evening meals men had to wear long trousers yet women could wear shorts - we found a wide choice of food catering for all needs.
The entertainment on an evening had its highs and lows but in all we enjoyed and mom worked her way through the cocktail menu.
Would I return ....yes in a few years to see the changes and would recommended this adult only hotel to friends.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have just returned from a week at this hotel. First impressions very good. Did slightly change as the week went on.
Stayed in a junior suite which was very spacious and clean. Furniture was more style over substance. Sofa not very comfortable. We used our room quite a bit to relax out of the sun and chill before going for dinner. Balcony had two sun beds and a table and chairs which was perfect in the evening when watching evening entertainment which was outside on occasion. Entertainment hit or miss.
Most of the staff very friendly an odd one not so but with the amount of guests at the hotel totally understandable.
Food mostly slightly warm rather than hot but I think in a lot of European cities they eat their food this way. A good range of choice meat, fish and veggie. Be careful if have allergies as labels are not always correct. If strictly veggie beware of soups. Bean soup and lumps of meat in the bottom. MEN have to wear long trousers in the restaurant in the evening.
Lunch and late breakfast was served in the tapas bar (This is now closed for refurbishment).
Hotel fairly isolated. Courtesy bus into Morgan daily. Need to book for Friday (Market day). Local buses or excursions available. Highly recommend yellow submarine, Gran Canaria highlights trip.
If you just want to relax and stay poolside with odd trip perfect. Want to walk about locally not ideal.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank DianeS672
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a week at beginning of September and it was brilliant. First a refreshing glass of cava awaited us when we got off the bus. Check in very efficient. Room was not ready as we were early so we went for lunch on the terrace and it was lovely. Having no kids here the place was so clean with white table cloths and wine/beer and even sangria was on tap so you just helped yourself. Food was to a good standard. All the rooms in this hotel are suites, with a separate seating area and the balconies are really big with sun loungers and a table and chairs. All the rooms have a sea view. Beach is lovely. Lots and lots of sunbeds at the pool. Some sunbeds have brollies that are attached to the floor and cannot be moved but if you like shade try and get a sunbed with a moveable brolly , there is not a lot of these. The restaurant at night was great with show cooking so all your meat, fish and chicken were freshly cooked. Great choice of salads and vegetables. Great choice of desserts. It is great not having to watch out for children running around the dining room and dropping food everywhere so it is nice and relaxed. Beach is lovely. There is a small array of gift shops at the beach and also a princess hotel bar where you get a discount. Entertainment is top notch, some of the best I've seen in a hotel.
So a little negative thing. If your gonna have sun lounger on your balcony then a canopy or a brolly would be good as the balconies get the burning sun all day. The road to the little town has been closed for over 2 years because of a land slide so ask reception about free bus if you want to explore. Some late night snacks would be good because if you had dinner at 6.30 then you need a wee snack later. Last bar closes 12.30......

Trip type: Traveled as a couple