Suite Princess
$153
$146
$139
  • Pool
Cala Blanca by Diamond Resorts(Mogan)(Great Value!)
$37
  • Restaurant
Cordial Mogan Playa(Puerto de Mogan)
$201
$142
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
3,358 results
All reviewsblack bandtapas barromantic dinnerpiano baron tapblack wristbandgran canariasun loungers on the balconythree tenorsbottle of winepremium drinkspuerto moganpool areaupgraded roomrelaxing holidaybox of chocolatesaverage age
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I booked this hotel purely on the back of all of the good reviews and having spent 10 days there, I have to say I was a little disappointed in the hotel. I am not one to moan about nothing or am I one of those people that nothing will please. I have stayed ay many all-inclusive hotels and so I can compare the Suite Princess to them. I just felt that there were several areas where I thought the hotel let itself down.

The hotel itself is well situated in the bay of Taurito. There is a beach that can be accessed via a secure gate. There isn’t hardly anything in Taurito apart from a few beach shops and a family restaurant for nearby apartments.

On arrival, it was very clear that there are two levels of all-inclusive in the hotel. Standard and super. Standard people get a silver wrist band, super get a black one. The difference in cost is quite a lot but there are benefits to the higher band.

You get a better room with a free safe and fridge (normally about £25 for both for 10 days). You get a fresh bottle of water each day, fresh pool towels daily, slippers and a bathrobe. It also means that you have branded drinks and bottle of wine with your meal. On reflection, we didn’t see the real benefit of upgrading as the standard level was adequate. They have Wi-Fi available but it was an extortionate 6 euros per day!

My wife and I were silver band and there was definitely an ‘us and them’ feeling. For example, when you go down for your evening meal, there is normally a wine list on the table. However, if you have a silver band, this is whisked away immediately by one of the waiters. Makes you feel really special!

There are two main places to eat in the hotel. You have the Chorizo bar, where you can get snacks and lunch during the day and the main restaurant where you have breakfast and evening meals.

The main restaurant is like a works canteen. There is lots of food that you can queue up to get but it doesn’t have a very nice atmosphere. The quality and range of the food was overall very good however, it was often bland and even the curry and ‘hot chilli’ as it was described had no taste at all. They let themselves down by having tinned fruit and most of the ‘fresh’ fish was tinned too which was disappointing as it is in an area famed for its fish.

The reason it feels like a canteen is because you sit at plastic tables on plastic chairs. You are asked to dress up for dinner and men have to wear long trousers but you do sit there and wonder why you dressed up. Also, they will turn away men not wearing long trousers but will let girls in wearing shorts and tee shirts – hardly fair. It was also always very hot, it is an enclosed area and although they do sometimes open the emergency doors for ventilation, it gets very sweaty!

The service from the waiters is only to serve wine to the black band people and to clear plates from the tables. They are a bit too efficient at that – as soon as you put down your cutlery, your plate is taken even if you haven’t finished eating. I got up to get a drink and my whole dinner had been taken so I had to go and get it all again.

Silver band can get their drinks from wine and beer taps. The wine isn’t the best but it’s ok after a few glasses. The cava was the best or you had a range of soft drinks to have. The on tap drinks are available in most of the bars as well so that was handy as you get drinks at any time during the day if you wanted them.

The rooms are lovely, make sure you ask for a room on a higher level than 2 if you can. We were on the second floor above the Piano Bar and every morning we were woken up at 6am as they dragged chairs around to clean the floors. The whole hotel was spotless. You will never find a dirty toilet or any mess anywhere. As I said above, this cleanliness means they are clearing you plates away and wiping your table constantly and it can become annoying.
The pool area was nice. One of the pools is heated and it is lovely. There were far too many sunbeds around it though. The hotel was really busy so every one of them was used but you were literally on top of each other. There are rules that you cannot reserve a sunbed but in reality, if your towel isn’t on a bed by 8.30, you are unlikely to find one for the day.

The entertainment was good quality. We saw some great shows and thoroughly enjoyed them. The quality was much better than you normally get. The problem was that it didn’t start until 10pm so everyone sat around looking bored watching 80s music videos on a projector screen. The bars close at 11.30 which we felt was a bit early and they start clearing up at 11 so you have to get in quick. One evening, my wife and I were sat on our balcony having a drink on our own and the lights went out on all balconies at 11pm – it felt like lights out time at a school.

We are undecided if we would go again. There was nothing bad about it.
We did have a nice break and we met some nice people and it probably sounds like I am moaning but as I said at the beginning, I just felt it could have been better.

Room Tip: Try to get a room above the second floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank PhilBJ10
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Just back from the suite princess, this is our second visit this year, upgraded wen we got their as didn't like the lower level rooms, room was lovely on the 8th floor, bathroom needs updating but that's a minor fault, the animation team this time were never around & weren't good at all, think they've changed the staff since June & u can tell, the food was very good, cleaning staff worked hard, reception staff were lovely & would do anything for you, the Thomson girls are lovely & do a great job, the only negative I had was Jose who worked in the restaurant he was a miserable man & he only had time for the older ones when they were tipping him wen they was goin home, but is a great hotel & if you want a relaxing break this is the place to go.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at the Suite Princess from 26th August to 6th September fr our Honeymoon. We had the most amazing time here!
When we arrived at the hotel to champagne we found they had upgraded our room for us as it was a special occasion. We were on the 7th floor with an beautiful view of the beach sea & Puerto Mogan!! The room was huge and we also had champagne, chocolates and a bottle of red wine.
The food was fab, alot of choice from diffrent meats, fish, potatoes, salads, rice and pasta. We never had the same thing twice.
We couldnt believe the cleanliness of the whole hotel & pool area, the maids always seemed to be cleaning, with rooms being cleaned every day. The waiters couldnt do enough for you and were excellant at getting tables cleared.
The location for the hotel was brill with shops, supermarket, water park and the beach all on the doorstep. We would definately recomend a trip to Puerto Mogan, 6 euros in a taxi or 2.80 euros on the bus.
If you are looking for a night out we would recommend Music Hall Tavern, the reps told us it would be the best night of the holiday and yes it was!
We will definately recomend this hotel and will most definately retrun here.
Excellant honeymoon and one to remember!!!

Room Tip: High floor room have the best views!
3  Thank Hannahxx88
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The first visit for my wife and I. 19 Aug - 2 Sep 13. It was as described by others - a bit tired but perfectly ok. Reception was good and quick as we arrived at 23.45hrs. The room was the biggest we have been in and the balcony was huge. The room was clean and the maid efficient and friendly. My wife was really happy that there appeared to be no/very few insects (I never heard a mosquito or circada). The air con was struggling a bit in our room and in the restaurant - tip - try to sit close to under one of the circular ceiling ducts. I don't know why people paid for the upgrade, everything is on tap. However, if you do want to sunbathe on your balcony you might want to upgrade. I used the gym each morning (a bit sad on holiday!). The air con in the gym is broken so you don't need to use the sauna, just go on the treadmill for 30 mins and loose 5 lbs. The food at all meals and the tap wines were very good. Probably the best I've experienced on all inclusive. Plenty of sunbeds and parasols (parasols set in concrete 1 between each two sunbeds so no real probs). Entertainment was more professional than the usual magician and parrots on skateboards. We liked Lionel Richie who wasn't really like him but was good. Lone Pepper were good but a bit 'shouty' at times. Reps office have gallons of suntan lotions that people have donated as well as books, just go and get what you want. The reps are good. Beach is a bit rough at times and snorkelling a little disappointing with few fish. The hotel provide sun lounger towels which you can get exchanged during the holiday but hand in by 17.00hrs the day you return. You can book a free shower room (towel provided) on the day you leave to save keeping on your room which was great. Some people kept on a room but had to move. A great holiday with nothing to stress about and we will seriously think of returning next year.

Room Tip: The lower numbers are father away from the water park.
5  Thank Lewis P
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I returned to Hotel Suite Princess in Gran Canaria for a third time and we were not disappointed.

If anything the hotel has improved. The welcome we got was lovely; all the staff were very welcoming. In the restaurant the food seemed to be even better than last year, with more choice and fantastic options.
The resort has blossomed; more little shops and things to do.
The only down side was loud music. The hotel is right on the beach and some of the beach cafes loud music spoiled the atmosphere and ambience of the hotel and pool area. We don't all want to hear loud pop music with a very deffinite bass beat. In this day and age if you want music there are enough personal devices to listen to what you want where you want without inflicting it on others.

We really enjoyed our holiday again and we will be visiting again in the next couple of years.

Room Tip: If you do not want to hear the entertainment at night then you need a room between 001 - 009 on any floor If you do want to hear and see the entertaining then any room from 020 - 030 on floors 3 - 7.
2  Thank Wendy 59