“oh dear. my favourite hotel”
Review of Suite Princess

Suite Princess
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Taurito
stirling
“oh dear. my favourite hotel”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

it is my favourite hotel.i v not been going for decades but in the last year if i m not their best customer i must be close.some folk being critical on here are very picky indeed.unfortunately on last 4 occasions i v been there i v been ill with food problems 3 times and my wife twice.despite not being somone who eats huge portions the enforced twice not eating for five days has done no harm to my aging figure.we were not alone with tummy problems.maybe its the water used to clean salads or fruit,maybe its food lying out for too long.theres no air con in public areas so who knows what kitchen conditions are.staff say that air con has not worked for years.guess i ll try somewhere else.i m very disappointed as i love the views/rooms/balconys/staff.to put into context how often i v been there,reception staff offered us leave 1 case with them when we left
oh the AI wine is undrinkable

1 Thank StirlingReviewer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,214)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Cobham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have just come back from a week here with my friend and can honestly say I will not be going back. As soon as I walked into the reception area it occurred to me that this part of the hotel seemed very tired looking and the furniture was very faded from the sun. My opinion didn't improve as we walked along the corridors. When we got to our room I was so disappointed as I was expecting it to be so much nicer than it was. I had paid extra to upgrade to the Deluxe Garden Suite but the room was so uninviting and bear. On booking I had requested single beds but it was a double. We pointed this out to the young man who had assisted us with our bags and he informed us he would get this rectified. We had arrived later than planned due a flight delay but was told a cold buffet was laid out for us in the restaurant so decided to leave our cases as they were whilst we went down for something to eat. We were only gone for half an hour at the most and when we got back the bed had been changed and as we were to discover our money had been stolen from our purses. When we reported this to the reception desk they immediately told us the procedure, which made me think this was not the first time this had happened. We were told to inform our Thomson rep, which we did, and basically that was how it was left. Because we decided not to involve the Police as we were told that was more for a crime report number than anything the hotel said they were not prepared to do an investigation. We got the impression that they just couldn't wait for us to go home so they could brush the problem under the carpet. We decided that we were not going to let this spoil our holiday but as the week went on other things began to frustrate me as well. The staff were not at all friendly despite us always being polite to them and the food was only ok as the choice was not great and quite often it was cold. Our upgrade was to include tea and coffee facilities in our room but not once was this replenished, we had to do this ourselves by taking the coffee and milk from the restaurant. At one point they even took the mugs away and I had to ask for them back! The dressing gowns were really small so we were unable to use them and we didn't have a fridge as promised in our room so the water that was provided was always warm. I know I sound like I am being really petty but I had such high hopes for this holiday and paid what I consider to be a lot of money and really feel that the value was not up to standard.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Michael B
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We have just returned from one week in what I can only say was a great hotel. The food and entertianment was excellant. We upgraded prior to travelling and when we where allocared our room we where both blown away it was massive. The hotel staff where all brilliant and seemed to always smiling. I had some good fun with all the daytime activites which normaly I would not have taken part and even managed to win a couple. My only complaint yes there is one was I wanted to stay for another week and when I directed this to Thomsons the price given was based on a complete new UK package and not one from the resort ( get it sorted THOMSONS )..We will be going back 100% to what I would say is the best hotel Iv'e ever visited well done Suit Princess.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 3rd floor are the best.
Wallasey, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for my 40th birthday, upgraded to black bands. My partner organised a huge breakfast with champagne for me on the morning of my 40th, the hotel had never done this before but sorted it out. We had a suite on 8th floor, view was amazing!!!
Loved this hotel, very relaxed, food always had something good every night. I can't add to any other reviews, but what I would say is I would go back again tomorrow. Beautiful views, sound of the Atlantic was loud but lovely, Nico the piano guy in the lounge was great. Rooms were spotless, our maid was fantastic, she left towel sculptures every day. Staff were fantastic.
All round great hotel, don't hesitate to book x

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicci E
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was the second winter vacation in a row at the Suite Princess, and we will be back. The main reasoons for comming back has been the standard of the rooms with all rooms facing the sea and enjoying the sunset, the very friendly staff, the cleanliness and quality of the room service and the all inclusive food and beverage. The issue with other all inclusive hotels are the kids burning around on too high sugar levels, but luckily not here with the age limit of 16. The youngest generation complained a little about the internet capacity at times, but was able to stay in contact with the outside world. Yes, you have to get up early with your towel if you want the perfect spot in the sun, but then you can enjoy a very nice breakfast and then fresh newspapers and a coffee outside in the sitting areas (several areas with comfortable chairs shaded from the sun) before you get into serious tanning. We did not see any decline in service or the quality of the food from last stay, and we find the breakfast the best meal of the day. We prefer to stay on third floor or higher away from the ground, not because of noice, but the view. We took the free bus to Puerto Mogan and enjoyed a few hours strolling around. They are building a new road to Taurito and Mogan and you will mayb loose the spectacular narrow winding road with sheer drops straight into the sea below. get a seat on the righthand side of the bus for the ride from Mogan if they still go by the old road. We will return next year.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MarkBretton
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were really quite tied for our honeymoon destination ... we only had one week after the wedding and the children weren't coming! So we chose for weather, adults only and not too far away and chose the Suite Princess. We arrived on a coach full of 50 other people who were all checking into the hotel at the same time, so reception was full and we were at the back of the queue! I asked the Thomson Rep if we could have a drink at the bar and come back later ... she replied that we couldn't use the facilities until we had checked in. So we went down there anyway! The waiter at the bar was so welcoming and served us with a smile. We eventually went back up to reception to check in and decided to upgrade to a superior all inclusive. If you like nice wine particularly this is a good move. The lower level of all inclusive is draught red wine/cava and you don't get branded spirits, although the spitirs didn't affect us too much. The "superior" A/I included a very nice Rioja by the bottle (or bottles if you wish). It also includes sunbeds on the balcony which we used as our balcony was in the sun. I don't honestly think there was any battle for sunbeds at the pool as there appeared to be beds free all day.
It wasn't the most romantic hotel in the world, but good value for money and I don't think there are may Hotels where all the staff are so consistantly friendly and happy in their work. There was salad every night, but also a choice of different potato most nights and for a large buffet they did very well to make it possible to chose carefully and have something different most nights. Somehow, on Gala night the food seemed to be a little better than other nights. The meat is cooked in the buffet room and I've never seen such an array of food for people with allergies. There seemed to be plenty to do, but we were happy to amuse ourselves. Evening entertainment was very good. They've just taken on two young singers who are excellent and great fun. If you get the chance to see the Lional Ritchie Tribute act don't miss it, particularly if you like a dance. Couldn't say he was awfully like him, but a great entertainer , singer and really interacted with the audience. Go early as it gets full. There's also a piano player on most night who was OK.
All in all it was a lovely holiday ... made especially nice by the staff who couldn't do any more to make it more pleasant. We'd go back tomorrow.

1 Thank Carmel O
Sedgefield, County Durham
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Spent a very pleasant week at the all-inclusive Suite Princess hotel from 8 April to 15 April 2013. The hotel is situated in a small bay called Paurito which is located in the south west of the island next to Puerto Mogan and is an all suite hotel with all rooms facing the sea. Check in was very efficient with cava or juice served whilst waiting. The staff couldn't have been more friendly and the services offered were very good. Our room (5004) was very large with a large balcony and an excellent view of the sea. Food was of high quality and good variety to suit all tastes; we were only there for one week so can't comment on whether the food is repetitive if staying for two or more weeks. Only criticism was the crowded pool area and the inevitable reserving of sunbeds with towels which was not policed by the hotel at all. Travelling to other areas is very easy; the hotel operates a free (once a day only) bus transfer to Puerto Mogan which is well worth the visit and public bus only costs just over a euro each way per person. A taxi will cost you about 7 euros each way. Market day is Friday. Boats leave Puerto Mogan every half hour to other resorts along the coast and are good value (a return ticket to porto Rico is 10 euros). In summary I would recommend this hotel for a week's stay to get away from the British weather during winter.

Room Tip: Get a room on a high floor and numbered between 001 and 012 to get the best sea views i.e. on the 6t...
1 Thank WaltonReviews
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taurito
Mogan Princess & Beach Club
Cala Blanca
Cala Blanca
#11 of 16 in Mogan
Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Gran Canaria, Mogan

Been to Suite Princess? Share your experiences!