“The Thomson Reps Made this holiday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Suite Princess

Suite Princess
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Taurito
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“The Thomson Reps Made this holiday!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel was good, clean, comfortable and with delightful staff so no complaints on that score. Our first week was I have to say better than our second as it is a large hotel and it was certainly bursting at the seams with guests as we hit Christmas day. Unfortunately, about 80% of guests in the second week did not share our good manners and we were privy to some downright rudeness to both staff and other guests! It has to be said that the majority of such guests were not UK or Irish but appeared to be of Scandanavian extraction.

However, as my title states the Thomson reps were totally fantastic and could not do enough for guests at this hotel so a huge thanks to Nicki, Jamie, Bill & Ben as you were all magnificent to ensuring that our every need was met.

We also went on the inner island trip, Garbos and the supercat boat trip which were all very professionally run and superb experiences in their own right.

Enjoy the hotel, the staff and its wonderful ambience but do watch out for those who had a charm by-pass on checking in!!

Room Tip: Better views the higher the floor!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Millytain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,202)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

We travelled to the Suite Princess, Taurito with a Thomson package. At the airport the Thomson rep who greeted us sent us to the wrong coach and although we, and others went back to her and she had written the coach no. on our information pack she still kept sending us to the wrong coach. Eventually another rep sorted us out and off we set. In late evening we could have done without the long haul to get us to the hotel, dropping off two here, four there, and so on. By the time that we arrived it was late and the very limited amount of food provided, at 11.00 p.m. was rather un-nerving, making us think that was the standard that we could expect. Our room was on the second floor, immediately above the entertainments and so very noisy. On day two we asked for a transfer, but could not get one until day three. It was a smaller room, but still very acceptable and most importantly quiet.
The staff at the hotel were friendly and efficient and no complaints there. The food, after that first night, was good and varied. Much of the drink was self service and on tap and to us non connoisseurs perfectly acceptable.
Because the resort of Taurito is so far from the airport and the capital, when we went on two excursions, we were either the first or second pick up and it took for ever to get going. The Las Palmas trip lasted nine hrs., four of them on the coach.
For anyone wanting to just enjoy rest and relaxation, sun, sea, good food and some entertainment this is for you but Taurito is a very small resort and there is nowhere to walk to, although there is a courtesy bus once a day to nearby Puerta de Mogan, which has a lovely harbour, shops, boat trips, cafes and a market on Friday.
We went to four of the professional shows, the first was pretty poor (the Las Vegas tribute) with two guys, a talentless bimbo who never stopped waving her arms about and one of the guys who sang Elvis songs was dreadful.
The acrobatic act was very good and they really entertained, even though they were hampered by the dire venue - the ceiling is so low that one of them banged his head and there are so many large pillars (yes, I know they are essential) that there is a limited view for many guests.
The Michael Flatley tribute dancers were good and we also enjoyed the Drifters tribute, all of whom were there to create a good rapport with the audience. Pity the venue is so poor.
We have been to Suite Princess, we enjoyed it and we will not be returning, although lots of the guests have been several times. By the way, I have never seen so many people sneaking out early to put towels on sunbeds in order to reserve them. There are plenty of sunbeds and there was never a problem finding one, whatever the time of day.

Room Tip: The entertainment is on the 1st floor and so rooms above, on the 2nd floor are noisy. If you can ge...
7 Thank Lindagreenacre
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Just got back from another amazing week at the Suite Princess. We were wondering how we could beat last year but again all the staff exceeded our expectations, nothing too much trouble. We upgraded this year and we had a spectacular room on the 7th floor looking right out to sea which was kept spotless throughout our stay.This may not be the ideal location for everone but if you are looking for a real chill out, do nothing and be spoilt this is for you. BIG BIG thanks and Hello to Carlos and the animacion team who made our holiday lots of fun.Plenty going on in the evenings, Food great,tasty and plenty. Book the meal Romantica lovely touch and a change! Drinks absolutely fab - black bands get you premium brands and bottles of Rioja with meals. Big Hi to Ann and Brian :) We will be back next year to the Suite Princess without a doubt the best hotel we have stayed in for our needs.

• Stayed December 2012
4 Thank PNR123
Torpoint, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

Just arrived back from the Suite Princess (17/12) after a week there. All I can say to start with that it was GOOD.
The check in was a little bit slow but I think that it was more to do with the guests than the staff. a glass of Cava or a fruit juice on arrival,nicce touch.
Now to basics,
The Hotel.. Not the best reception area that I have seen but it is in the top 5, The cleaniness of all the public spaces is spotless, the lifts,the floors and the public toilets ane cleaned to a very high standard.
The room.. Large room with a feeling of relaxation about it, good bathroom, good beds and a sofa which I would have gladly taken home. The T.V. had three news channels, two film channels and a drama channel in English. The room wich we stayed in had a patch of lawn outside with palm trees, a side view of the beach and a vista straight into Morgan. I think it must be the best room in the hotel but I not telling you which in case I may go back there soon..
The pool..Two pools, on shallow and one deep. Cannot make much comment because I did not use them but my Wife did and she indicated that they were good.
The food..I am a bit of a foodie and I do not always agree with the reports of what previous "trip advisors" say about this place. The food was of a good quality and it was well cooked, but some of the dishes on the side i.e.cool to say the least. However the variety and the taste were better than most places that I have been. If you are a breakfast eater, there bacon is so crispy it is to die for. I did not put any weight on but it easy to see how you could.
Drinks..I did not upgrade to "black band" as I did not see the point. The wine/beer/soft drinks on tap were as good as you can get. I dont drink spirits and in hot places i walk about in bare feet anyway so why bother.
Entertainment..Usual hotel performers, but I will say that the Three Tenors and the Mad Hatter deserve a round of applause.

Bars -good
Staff-better

When I was there I hade a birthday, the managment sent me a bottle of Canarian rum and some chocolates to celebrate. Good Management.

I could go for longer about this place but it would get boring.

Would I go back?......Wish I was still there.Good Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle have more noise from the entertainment
5 Thank jonsey_9
New Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I am 58 and my good lady is 55. Most gusts were of the same age.

The Suite Princess is a great 4 star couples only hotel. The hotel has an interesting layout. it is built on a sloping rock face over looking a bay with great sea views.

There are 9 levels to the hotel, reception is located on level 6. Level 6 and above are the upgraded (black wrist band) rooms. 5 and below are are the normal junior suites, which give very generous accommodation. We were in room 4002 ( a very quite room) and had a wonderful view but was the furthest away from the restaurants and bars, quite, yes and a good walk. The ideal room would be 4012 to 4016.

Rooms are served with 220 volts 2 pin plugs.Flat screen TV with 6 UK channels, 3 x news and 3 x drama. A safe at extra cost, as is a kettle from reception. We found mugs in our room and tea, sugar and milk could be found in the restaurant. A wifi internet connect is available that covers the hotel for 19 euro for 7 days. The connection was very good and enabled (Apple FaceTime) communication with the UK. The connection can only handle one device at a time.

The pool area was very pleasant, catching the sun from 10.30-17.30 hours. The die hards have the sun-beds claimed by 09.00, however there absolutely no need to. Beds were always available.

There are 4 swish bars, all serving good quality spirits and beer. During the day beer is self service along with tea and coffee.

The food was always of a very high standard. Lovers of the full english breakfast will be pleased.

We retire early, but what entertainment we saw, was of a good standard. All staff were very friendly and very "busy". The hotel was emaciate.

I did get a bee in my bonnet about a 1.50€ charge to change to pool towel, its some sort of "Green Charge. Yet I can change all my white towels everyday at no charge!!!!!

A great quite hotel, with a few local trips out available. 2 weeks would be a struggle for me.

Room Tip: Just bring a kettle
4 Thank Brixmis7
essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at the Suite Princess from 6-13 December and I agree with all the positive reviews on this site so will just add some comments that may be helpful.

We emailed ahead asking for a high floor and were told this was only possible if we upgraded as Junior Suites were only on floors 1-4. I emailed back declining the upgrade and asking if we could be on floor 4 in that case. On arrival we were on floor 9! The upgrade would have cost 21 euros per person per day, but when you get to the hotel you can choose the bits of the upgrade you want and pay just for them; safe for one week cost us 12 euros, fridge for one week 12 euros and similar to have your own sunbeds on your balcony. We found the wine you could just help yourself to perfectly acceptable, as was the local brandy if like us you drink it with a mixer.

The entertainment was varied and of reasonable quality, but we found that if you wanted to have seats with a good view in the Princess Salon you needed to be in there by 9.30 for the 9.45 show, many seats have their view obscured by pillars.

The hotel's resident duo, 'Trouble' play at the sundowner terrace at 5pm on Friday and Sunday which makes a nice end to a day of sunbathing but we missed this on the Friday as it was our first day and we had not realised it was on.

The hotel runs a free bus into Mogan, which is a lovely town, but it goes quite early for people on a holiday. If you walk up to the second roundabout from the hotel you can get the local bus which runs every half hour for only 1.4 euros per person and lets you choose when to go!

Please note that the pharmacy in Taurito is little more than a health store so take any medicines etc with you or you will have to go into Puerto Rico.

The weather was 25 degrees in the daytime - not bad for December! I took sweatshirts etc for the evening but ended up only needing a thin cardigan over my summer dresses, and then only when sitting outside on the terrace.

We had a great holiday at this lovely hotel. We do not usually go back to a place as there is so much world to see, but next time we want some winter sun the Suite Princess will definitely be on our shortlist.

Room Tip: Floors 4 and higher are quieter and have better views over to Mogan. Low room numbers overlook the s...
6 Thank jillym88
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at the Suite Princess in December following a weeks cruise.

The hotel is in a fantastic position in Taurito looking out over the bay towards Morgan. We had a room on the 9th floor which had fantastic views (pity it was next to the lifts which were quite noisy).

On arriving at mid-day the reception staff were very quick and helpful and although our room was not ready we were able to leave our luggage in the room and go down for a drink and lunch.

On returning the room had been cleaned and we were really pleased with the size and layout (and again the view). On closer inspection the bathroom was a little tired and the toiletries were very basic. It is a real pity the hotel decide the hire the safe and fridge separately as these are essentials that should be included.

Drinks are available throughout the day - wine, beer and soft drinks are self service during the day with bar service available in the evenings at the piano bar and main salon. All drinks are reasonable quality and if you want top notch drinks you can upgrade.

Food was a little disappointing at times. Breakfast was fine but always the same choice - would have liked to see omellettes cooked whilst you wait as the ones offered were usually cold and uninteresting. Lunch was not great - food choice at bit basic and often cold - there was a BBQ a couple of times which helped. Dinner was the best meal of the day with lots of choice in hot foods cooked in the restaurant - not much choice in the vegetables though.

Service throughout the hotel was good with all staff very helpful and nearly always cheerful although I am not a fan of buffet restaurants and having self service for drinks.

Entertainment was fine - we enjoyed the piano bar but the same pianist played for all but one night - it would have been nice to have some variation. The acts in the salon were of various quality - we enjoyed some but not others. Also it is difficult to get a decent seat in the salon unless you are prepared to sit there for an hour before the start as there are large pillars obstucting the view.

Overall as I said in the title this is a very good hotel and we would return. The improvements that would make it great include upgrading the toilettries and providing the fridge and safe as standard in the rooms; offering more choice and keeping the food warmer; a waiter/bar service during the day; a little more variation on the entertainment. I may be being a little picky here as we were really spoilt the previous week on the cruise and this may have raised my expectations.

2 Thank GinoGi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Taurito
Mogan Princess & Beach Club
Cala Blanca
Cala Blanca
#9 of 16 in Mogan
Paradise Lago Taurito

Been to Suite Princess? Share your experiences!