Just back from a one week stay all inclusive at this hotel. We arrived just after major storm hit the island, so arriving the weather wasn't great and the resort very mucky and flooded in places. Some local pools were closed as they were so contaminated and the day before leaving we when the local beach was just getting cleaned up from the storm debris, which was a pity as the weather picked up and would have been nice to spend a day there with my son. I did try but it was so dirty we left quickly. The hotel is clean, staff friendly and can speak very good english. there is a shop in the hotel which sells all the holiday clothes anyone could need, so if your doing a last min getaway, and have no time to shop...dont worry just buy your clothes here (if you have the money-it can be expensive) but the clothes are nice. The rooms are basic with no facitiies. The fridge you pay for as you do with the safe. There is a tv and if you have kids with you id recommend taking a portable DVD player, for yourself and the kids. Especially as with young kids you have to retire early to bed, so you are left with sky news to entertain you or CNN every night while your kids are asleep. Also at times my wee boy wanted to spend some time watching cartoons which he was unable to. The pools areas are great, my wee boy loved it and there are plenty of sun lounges for everyone. The snacks though at the poolside are often cold and reheated and taste quite poor, we tried it twice and never went back to it just waiting to go the the resturant. The food here is really good, but it does get samey after a week and what doesnt get eaten at lunch gets put out again at dinner. Alot is reused and reheated. Both my husband and I on our last day did become quite unwell with D and V, which lasted a few days however, i am not saying we caught anything from here, just as i am not saying it can be ruled out entirely. It is up to people to make up their own judgement on this. (i suppose i would know if others at the hotel had became unwell also, however we had flown home at the start of the illness- so for that reason i am saying again i dont know). The lifts were awful one had broken down, so it left two for the whole complex, luckily we were only 2 floors up so it wasnt a problem for us as it was for others. The day we were checking out (check out is at 12 noon) a maid kncked the door at 9am asking us when we were leaving because she wanted to clean the room for the next guests....A little unprofessional i thought.
I would recommend the island deights trip to get about and see the island.....nothing bad at all a fantastic day out with great food, guides and views. It is expensive but its worth every penny and you get to see the whole island with terrific views.
To sum up the hotel was okay, i have stayed in better (ie suite princess, just across the road, the marriott and Apex Hotel) so my comment is basically based on my numerous stays in various hotels and comparing them in my head. I really dont want to put anyone off staying here because you will enjoy your time here, but personally i think i would just stay across the road the the suite princess once the rennovations have been completed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taurito Princess near Puerto de Mogan is an all-inclusive hotel right by the beach. All 405 rooms and suites provide stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the bay of Taurito. Located in the south of Gran Canaria the hotel provides services and facilities for both couples and families with children. There are a total of three outdoor pools; 2 for children and a main swimming pool (heated in winter). The all-inclusive offer is available at 2 restaurants (both with live cooking stations) and 4 bars. Several times a week there are themed dinners at the main restaurant “Princess. In addition Taurito Princess guests may enjoy a mix of Italian and Asian dishes once during their stay; then when the La Choza visually and culinary turns into the “La Trattoria”. The daytime and evening entertainment guarantees fun for all ages. The smallest guests can look forward to mini-club, mini-disco and two children's pools (one pool with a giant, colourful dragon). The adults may choose from a whole range of sporting activities, such as tennis, squash, water aerobics and beach volleyball. Wi-Fi (extra charge) is available in the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Taurito Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Hotel Taurito
- Taurito Princess Gran Canaria
- Hotel Taurito Princess Gran Canaria