We are a very well travelled young couple who have had the fortune to stay in hotels that were never rated under 5*. Feeling the pinch of the crunch however, we decided to go to Taurito Princess despite its rating of 4 *. We have to say we are still impressed at what we got for our money.
We paid a ridiculously low sum for 2 weeks all inclusive and consequently had low expectations but were astounded at the level of service and the hotel in general. We asked for a room on the 9th floor and every morning woke up to the most stunning view of the sea and cliffs - amazing and romantic. The sunsets were incredible.
The rooms were immaculately presented and spotlessly clean - and I have high standards when it comes to this aspect of hospitality.
The staff couldn't do enough - any request we had was done faster than we could get back up to the room from the reception. The Maitre'd having finished a shift and on his way home in his car, seeing us waiting for a bus to Puerto Rico, stopped and offered us a lift into the town - talk about going the extra mile!
The alcohol was surprisingly good for a 4* all inclusive. The food was varied with a lot of fresh fish and traditional Spanish cuisine. As for the negative reviews on the standard snacks (burgers, hot dogs, chips and sandwiches) - well if you feel the need to eat every second of the day of course you'll get bored of it. There were only ever 2 hours in between main meals!
The pool was clean with lots of sun loungers so that there was never a problem getting one even after 12pm.
The entertainment was ok - they tried hard but you can only expect so much and they can only cater for so many tastes.
We were looking for 2 weeks of utter relaxation away from the hustle and bustle and constant nights out and we were in no way dissapointed.
Fantastic value for money and a great place away from it all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taurito Princess near Puerto de Mogan is an all-inclusive hotel right by the beach. All 405 rooms and suites provide stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the bay of Taurito. Located in the south of Gran Canaria the hotel provides services and facilities for both couples and families with children. There are a total of three outdoor pools; 2 for children and a main swimming pool (heated in winter). The all-inclusive offer is available at 2 restaurants (both with live cooking stations) and 4 bars. Several times a week there are themed dinners at the main restaurant “Princess. In addition Taurito Princess guests may enjoy a mix of Italian and Asian dishes once during their stay; then when the La Choza visually and culinary turns into the “La Trattoria”. The daytime and evening entertainment guarantees fun for all ages. The smallest guests can look forward to mini-club, mini-disco and two children's pools (one pool with a giant, colourful dragon). The adults may choose from a whole range of sporting activities, such as tennis, squash, water aerobics and beach volleyball. Wi-Fi (extra charge) is available in the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taurito Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Hotel Taurito
- Taurito Princess Gran Canaria
- Hotel Taurito Princess Gran Canaria