My partner and I spent a week at taurito princess in early June and couldn't really fault it! Having read a few bad reviews we were unsure what to expect from the hotel but there was no need to worry.
We booked a private transfer to and from the hotel which I would highly recommend! We were at the hotel in under 45mins and had our cases unpacked and a cocktail in hand before the coach transfer had even arrived. This hotel is the last to be dropped off and the first to be picked up. On arrival, check in was very good, it was quick, everything about the hotel was explained and our room was all ready plus the hotel opened the restaurant again for us as we arrived after evening meal had finished.
The room we had was on the 9th floor and had lovely views of the sea, pool and the waterpark. We stayed in a standard room (didn't see the need to upgrade to a premium room) which was very spacious, both the balcony and bathroom were bigger than you would expect. The bathroom has been refurbished with a modern finish although the shower did leak and turned the room into a swimming pool if towels were not on the floor. The bedroom itself was big enough for us for the week, basic but very clean and comfy beds were an unexpected bonus!
Being on the 9th floor we did use the lifts alot and had no problems all week. They didn't break down once and we never waited more than 5 minutes for one to come, this wait was only ever at breakfast time really.
Food, a big part of an all inclusive holiday and this hotel delivers tasty and varied meals. Breakfast and lunch/snacks are very similar to most 4* AI hotels, hot and cold options, English breakfast and continental options, toastie/pizza/burger for lunch as well as pasta, seafood, meat and local dishes. The cakes and pancakes available from 4pm each day were a treat not to be missed!! Evening meals, although always of a high standard were a little odd and did make us laugh. Each night had a theme e.g. tex-mex, spanish, french etc but we found there was only ever a few dishes from this cuisine. The rest was chinese! Every night! Not that this was a problem for us as it was very good chinese food!
The drinks flowed all week, both from the self service stations and from the bars. We found the self service areas to be very handy in the daytime when you wanted a quick drink but as they mainly had plastic cups, we preferred to use the bars in an evening. The beer, sangria and cava were all very good, even the pre-mixed cocktails were not as bad as I was expecting!! As with the room, personally we did not feel upgrading to the premium package was necessary. The local spirits we had were fine and the premium cocktails were available at a small charge anyway. The bar staff in the entertainment bar were excellent!! They were efficient and quick but always friendly and happy. Some nights we even chose to sit at the bar instead of watch the act as the bar staff were far more entertaining!
Which brings me round to the entertainment available in the hotel. The daytime programmes were good, my partner took part in a few of the sports activities which were always popular and well organised. The animation team were amazing! It astonished us how a group of people could have so much energy when they work such long hours! Joshua, the sports guy (and singer if let loose with a microphone and guests!) and louisa, the fitness lady, were especially energetic, friendly and entertaining. They put on a good dance show one evening, by far the best entertainment of the holiday. The acts that performed on the other evenings were just bad! Each night was like stepping into a wierd parallel universe of singers that mimed, acrobats who dropped each other, dances who had 2 left feet and magicians that had just visited a joke shop! We did find each act very funny so that was our entertainment and had a laugh between us but if you are looking for serious entertainment then keep looking. The karaoke and quizzes were always good though.
The resort of Taurito is very small and quiet. If you are looking for a loud, action packed holiday then taurito is not the place. However if you are coming on holiday to relax, soak up the sun and maybe take part in a few water sports then here is the place. The mini golf is quite good too!
All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel to other couples of all ages and families. Don't listen to the bad reviews, its all nonsense!! We would go back to taurito princess tomorrow if we could!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taurito Princess near Puerto de Mogan is an all-inclusive hotel right by the beach. All 405 rooms and suites provide stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the bay of Taurito. Located in the south of Gran Canaria the hotel provides services and facilities for both couples and families with children. There are a total of three outdoor pools; 2 for children and a main swimming pool (heated in winter). The all-inclusive offer is available at 2 restaurants (both with live cooking stations) and 4 bars. Several times a week there are themed dinners at the main restaurant “Princess. In addition Taurito Princess guests may enjoy a mix of Italian and Asian dishes once during their stay; then when the La Choza visually and culinary turns into the “La Trattoria”. The daytime and evening entertainment guarantees fun for all ages. The smallest guests can look forward to mini-club, mini-disco and two children's pools (one pool with a giant, colourful dragon). The adults may choose from a whole range of sporting activities, such as tennis, squash, water aerobics and beach volleyball. Wi-Fi (extra charge) is available in the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Taurito Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Hotel Taurito
- Taurito Princess Gran Canaria
- Hotel Taurito Princess Gran Canaria