I stayed here for 9 nights with my wife through First Choice and really enjoyed it. Here are my highs and lows:
Terry the rep - thank you!!
Absolutely spotlessly clean hotel with a very hard working staff, always pleasant.
The hotel is right next to the beach and on the west side of the valley. This means it is one of the first to get the morning sun when it rises above the (very high) cliffs - about 9 am.
Lots of sun beds on the terrace and available (why DOES everybody want to sit right by the poolside?).
No problems in getting drinks at all. Note that in reality there are only 3 bars - the rest are self help pumping stations with beer, wine and soft drinks. Also coffee machines (filter, cappo etc).
Negatives (no particular order)
DO NOT COME HERE IF YOU ARE looking for nightlife. Sorry to say that we were not impressed with the Piano Bar at all. The highlight was the Spanish Saxophone player - at least he had some go in him. The other nights were terribly boring. The music needs a good kick into the modern era. Even people in their 60's lived through rock and roll, rock and disco for goodness sake!
Meals. A bite into the sausage at my first breakfast nearly made me sick (honestly). I then took a mouthful of scrambled egg with the same effect. Glad to say it did improve, but I was also careful with my selection from there on.
The problem with lunch (the best) and dinner is that there is only so much you can do with pork and fish, whichever way it is presented. The layout looks fantastic, but in reality, the choice is very limited meatwise. The salads were always very good. Then one night, something happened - roast lamb joints appeared, cooked to perfection and it was a fantastic meal!
The chefs need to be more creative and have more theme nights - over 9 days I experienced 1 "Chinese" themed night, everything else was standard. If other hotels can do numerous theme nights, so should the princess.
Dress code for the evening meal. The rule that men must wear long 'trousers' is just pure outdated rubbish and should be scrapped. What it actually means is that men can wear long trousers, scruffy old jeans and flip flops or sandals. Women can wear, shorts or even cut off jeans. The code is completely pointless as there is no standard.
Terry, if you are listening - jump on this: One day, one of the hotel staff dropped a cup which smashed on the pool deck behind me. I helped her clear it up, but there were still a lot of small sharp porcelain shards left. I communicated with her that this was dangerous and the area needed sweeping immediately, but she carried on her merry way. After 5 minutes (nothing happening) I had to go to reception to let them know that the area needed cleaning immediately, but it still took 10 minutes before anyone arrived. From a Health and Safety viewpoint, I consider this unacceptable for a Hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Taurito Princess near Puerto de Mogan is an all-inclusive hotel right by the beach. All 405 rooms and suites provide stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean and the bay of Taurito. Located in the south of Gran Canaria the hotel provides services and facilities for both couples and families with children. There are a total of three outdoor pools; 2 for children and a main swimming pool (heated in winter). The all-inclusive offer is available at 2 restaurants (both with live cooking stations) and 4 bars. Several times a week there are themed dinners at the main restaurant “Princess. In addition Taurito Princess guests may enjoy a mix of Italian and Asian dishes once during their stay; then when the La Choza visually and culinary turns into the “La Trattoria”. The daytime and evening entertainment guarantees fun for all ages. The smallest guests can look forward to mini-club, mini-disco and two children's pools (one pool with a giant, colourful dragon). The adults may choose from a whole range of sporting activities, such as tennis, squash, water aerobics and beach volleyball. Wi-Fi (extra charge) is available in the entire hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Taurito Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Princess Hotel Taurito
- Taurito Princess Gran Canaria
- Hotel Taurito Princess Gran Canaria