Paradise Valle Taurito
$145
$140
Travelocity
  • Pool
Cala Blanca by Diamond Resorts(Mogan)(Great Value!)
$37
  • Restaurant
Cordial Mogan Playa(Puerto de Mogan)
$199
$193
$140
Hotels.com
Priceline
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,192 results
All reviewssalt waterwater parkmini golfpool barpuerto ricoanimation teamsplash worldparadise hotelsentertainment areasewing kitarena plazaevening entertainmentsister hotelice creamlunch and dinnerkids cluball ages
Reviewed November 19, 2013

First impression of this hotel is very nice, it's very clean in the reception area (reception staff very helpful and knowledgeable), with sylish decor.
Our room also did not disappoint, it was huge, clean and very modern. The balcony was also very spacious, the table and chairs looked lost on it. A very nice view from here too, we were on the 4th floor and happily sat here watching the world go by.
The pool area was pleasant enough, lots of sunbeds and parasols. The pool bar was well stocked, and the bar staff very friendly - they worked hard too.
The restaurant was clean & spacious but lacked atmosphere, the staff worked hard and cleaned away plates very promptly. The food was average, we've had worse, but definitely didn't wow us. We did eat out in Puerto Morgan a couple of times, which was a welcome change, this is a lovely town with most of the restaurants overlooking the harbour.
In our opinion the hotel could do with a few tweaks to it's "All-Inclusive" facility.....firstly the wifi isn't free anywhere, it's 6 Euros per day and incredibly slow. The in-room safes are 3 Euros per day, sunbeds on the beach or by the water park are also chargeable. The drinks were included but only until 23.00 hours. There were no ice-creams or nibbles available, apart from cheese and ham toasties or one hot dish (moved from the restaurant to the pool bar during the afternoons).
We didn't use the spa but heard great reviews from those that did.
The beach clean and the sea warm, even though it was November!
We weren't here with our children as it was trip with my husbands work, we usually go to a First Choice Holiday Village as a family, so I thought we might be converted to a First Choice Splashworld for next year but on the basis of the "All-inclusive" we will stick to a Holiday Village for sure.

Room Tip: Great views from the 4th floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Stayed there with husbond, mother in law and her friend.
The hotel was ok, good cleaning, food was ok, we got some pork roast and some lamb witch was very good prepared. Nice saladbar. The free drinks in all inclusive was not good.Premade and taste of nothing.
The poolarea in the mittel was very dirty and broken a lot of places.
We payed for all inclucive, so we expected free drinking water 24-7, but we could only get it then the bar/restaurant was open.All inc. at the bar stopped at 23.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelFriis
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Me and my husband (Age 25, 24) Stayed here at 'Paradise Valle' between the '21 Sept and 28th Sept' for our honeymoon. This was booked as a sort of rushed decision as we were very specific on the dates that we could fly. Book through First Choice (All inclusive).
Overall I was very impressed with the information I read on First choice, It was prefect for the sort of holiday we were after. Only after it was booked I started looking more into our holiday.
Reading the reviews, There seamed more bad then good ones. Which got me worried! (In all honesty if First Choice fully refund you, I would have done that and booked somewhere else) but im very happy that this was not the case. I have nothing but good things to say about this Hotel/Holiday...

As soon as we stepped off the plane everything was so easy and went really smooth. We arrived at our hotel (40minute ride from the airport) at 4am!!! and we were greeted by a very friendly person from the reception. Who offered us food (Which we turned down as we were very eager to sleep!)

The hotel was very stylish and very clean, We were extremely pleased when we saw our room, It had lots of space and the balcony was huge!!! We had a great view of everything including the sea (Right side, 5 floors up). The bathroom room had a walk in shower the water did sometimes go really hot then really cold before going back to normal but its not really a huge problem if you can move quick :)

There was just one pool which was big enough for everybody and lots of sunbeds!! No need to wake up at 6am to put your towel down. We didn't wake up till at least 9:30 to have breakfast and still always got a sunbed.

The food is what you would expected at all al inclusive place. I'm very fussy so wouldn't like comment, Although deserts were great! My husband ate pretty much everything. The drinks were fine. Enjoyed the wine, beer and pop which didn't seam watered down which is always a thumbs up! The staff work very hard making sure everything is kept clean.

The beach was lovely (Despite the bad reviews) The water was so clear and great to swim in. They also offered lots of different water sports at excellent prices. We paid 59euros each for 10mins parasailing, 20mins Jet Ski, 10mins Banana boat, 10mins water doughnut and you also got a sun lounger for the day. (This package is a MUST) We had so much fun!! Also we had picture taking and it cost us 15euros to have all the pictures (about 25) put on a disc to take home.

We also took a day trio to Mogan which is just the next town (You can see it from the beach) Do not waste your money on a taxi the bus is dead simple and easy. It cost 1.40. We sat and had lunch were looking out to the boats and it was just prefect, Such a lovely day! We also visited Pureto Rico at night for a meal/cocktails I HIGHLY recommend WIG WAM their cocktails are amazing!! We did get a taxi here which cost us 12euro one way.

There were also lots of great excursions to choose from we picked the 4X4 Advantage and WOW what a day, The sights you see are amazing and the tour guide Steve was so funny he really made the trip (Sorry I cant remember our drivers name but he was lovely)

Our rep was Chloe she is really lovely and was very helpful at giving us advice. Also the entertainment don't get enough recognition, They really do work hard. While we were there we manage catch a comedy show and mama mia...Both were a good laugh. I know there are loads of reviews saying its not for adults there is no entertainment which I don't understand. We choice this on the fact its more of a relaxing holiday. There was music and bars to sit and have a drink, Shows that were on. You could also travel to Puerto rico...but if you want a clubbing holiday then this obviously isn't for you!

The waterpark was abit of a flop for me but I had been to Aqua Fantasy this year before and that was gonna some beating and also its salt water yak!! There are a few slides (My husband loved it he was like a child!!) Despite this it was okay, worth a couple of trips over but Id prefer stay by the pool or at the beach personally.

Overall it was an amazing holiday and a perfect honeymoon. Definitely a holiday to remember.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kirsty F
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the 'Vallee' between 22 July and 5 August 2013 - Myself, my husband (50 year olds!) and my daugher who is 9. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed all aspects of the resort. The food was excellent and there is no way you could tire of the variety and diversity of its content. The rooms were excellent - ours was on the 1st floor near the pool. We enjoyed the water park, found the salt water no problem and the slides amazing. We especially enjoyed the foam party!! It took us a few days to get familiar with the evening entertainment but once our daugher started to join in and befriended the wonderful animation team it was great fun. Have to say they all deserved a medal :-)))) Myself and husband had stayed in Puerto Rico many times 20 - 25 years ago and must say by the end of this holiday felt 20 years younger!! Mogan is of course worth a visit but market day on a Friday is completely mad!! ?We have already booked our return next year!!

Room Tip: First floor by pool excellent for our 9 year old as close to lots of amenities (food, drink, pool etc).
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank janetcohen1963
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Just finished our holiday to this hotel/resort. Me, my wife and my 18 year old daughter had mixed reviews. Here they are;
Hotel and facilities;
Very modern and lots of space and tasteful contemporary décor. Definitely my kind of hotel. The room was again very nice and modern with a view over the pool area and waterpark looking onto the sea. Very nice. No complaints here.
The spa area was awesome and in my opinion wouldn't look out of place at a 5 star resort. The gym could do with better air conditioning and a few more tread mills, but overall very good.
The swimming pool was nicely laid out and was heated which was good. Starting to look a bit shabby in places and needs some attention here and there but again overall was very good. Lots of sunbeds away from the pool area if you want a bit of peace and quiet.
The pool bar was fairly small and operated by 1 or 2 staff.
All inclusive;
This is where the holiday was a let down. There is only one restaurant which is open 3 times a day. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. The restaurant itself was a nice place to be with lots of attentive staff. The food was generally ok although lots of food was recycled for the next meal sitting if it wasn't used earlier. I can totally understand this though, but it would be better if they were a little more imaginative. Also the menu recycled every 7 days, so if you are there for more than that then you know what you'll be getting in 8 days time. Generally the main meat courses were a bit of a let down, and not really what I would call choice cuts of meat. The slow cooked pork was pretty damn good I have to say. Overall though the food was more than edible and I've eaten much worse fayre in my 42 years.
The lack of a second 'fast food type' restaurant was very disappointing. This is only the second all inclusive resort I've stayed at and the last had a 24 hour restaurant which served good quality food around the clock. This hotel could really do with similar. I'm not massively into burgers and chips but its nice to have a different option. What you had to make do with was left overs from all 3 restaurant sittings being brought out to the pool bar and left to sit on a hot plate. This along with some bread, salad, cheese and ham and a toaster was as good as it got. Once it went or the pool bar shut at night, that was it.
Now for the real let down for me and my family. I'm not a massive drinker, nor is my wife and daughter, but what I really have a massive problem with is being treated like I am a beer swilling, drink anything that's put in front of me British stereotype. Me and my wife like to drink red wine and the occasional cocktail or beer. The beer was ok (Mahou?) The red wine was comparable to something you would strip paint with and the cocktails were absolutely disgusting. They were pre mixed beforehand so you did not see what went in them and generally apart from the pina colada you could not tell what was in the drink. On more than one occasion I took one sip and gave the drink straight back to the staff and ordered a beer. I also saw many other people do the same. Some times the cocktails tasted like watered down kids drinks. There are of course lots of people that would come to this hotel and think they were in heaven because they had alcohol on tap, but I'm not one of them. There was no choice in 'AI' so therefore unless you wanted to pay for a lesser branded alcohol or perhaps even more for a well known alcohol you had to make do with whatever you were given which is not really what I would call all inclusive. Given the amount of fake alcohol in todays world, it does make you wonder what you are drinking? that is just my opinion.
Another bug bare was that fact that if you had small kids (which I didn't) you couldn't get an ice cream for them. Every now and then I even fancy a nice ice cream, but nope you cant get one unless you go out of the hotel and buy one from a shop. The same applies to bar snacks (peanuts etc)
Entertainment;
This was generally a real positive for the hotel. There are 3 hotels in this resort which are owned by Paradise and they share the entertainment between them. There is a central 'Arena plaza' which also shared by all 3 hotels and includes a bar and stage area where entertainment was conducted day and night. The animation team were real stars and work very hard for their money. The have some real funny stars in the making and were excellent with kids and adults alike. I have to mention Micheal (Dutch or German I think) who is in my opinion a comic genius. Made me laugh on a daily basis. Rachel (Spanish) who was very pleasing to the eye and also great with the kids. Roberto (Spanish I think) who again was very funny and camp to the maximum. Other names were Loyda and Ugo amongst others.
At night though, the arena plaza did resemble something like a northern English holiday resort with the added Polish factor which now is part and parcel of British life. Not the end of the world, but I felt like a fish out of water at times.
Resort;
The resort itself initially looked great with the hotels in a v shape with a waterpark slap bang in the middle with a bar area and the beach in front. There was also a few shops. All is good! No! After half a day you would have explored everywhere there is to explore in Playa Taurito and you can expect to get a bit stair crazy from there on inwards. Unless you get on a bus or taxi you are literally confined to that resort. There is not even a coastal path which you could walk along or run (if you like to run).
The shops in the resort sold the same old same old 'fake goods' which you can buy in pound shops over here but feel obliged to pay lots for over there?
The beach was good, although if you want a sun lounger that'll be 2 euros and also 2 euros for the umbrella. Plenty of watersports to choose from, at OK prices.
The waterpark is quite nice but again even though you get free entrance you still have to hire sun loungers at 2 euros a piece. Be aware that the water in the park in heavily salted, to the point that you will float in the water without swimming. Great for relaxing but not so great when you are hurtling down a slide and you cant breath without choking and you are blinded by the salt spray. Painful for me let alone little kids.
Overall;
A good place to come if you have kids up to the age of 14 or 15. You don't get bored easily and you spend no more than 1 week here. Food was OK. Hotel was very nice. Alcohol is very poor unless you don't care what you are drinking and last but not least the animation team were pretty dam good!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family