“First time to a Michelin 3 star restaurant”
Review of Martin Berasategui

Martin Berasategui
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Lasarte-Oria
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2016

Our family of 3 had a lunch back in July here. It is our first experience in a Michelin 3 star restaurant. We were in a rush as we had to catch the bull fighting at Pamplona on the same day. We chose the tasting menu and finished it in a little more than 2 hours. I would say the dishes are definitely out of this world although I am not sure if everybody would like this out of the world style.

Date of visit: July 2016
3  Thank whliu2001
Write a reviewReviews (1,823)

Reviewed August 15, 2016

Definitely the best dining experience I've ever had. Everything was up to the highest standard. The ambience, the staff and the amazing food. We ordered the tasting menu and every single dish was a great experience. Both the taste and presentation were stunning. My favourites were the pigeon dish and the mushroom 'truffle' dish. On top of all this, the atmosphere was still relaxed and the time flew by.

2  Thank gorank15
Reviewed August 13, 2016

atmosphere and ambience - professional and courteous, welcoming and friendly, staff well drilled however unfussed. No problem is too big or small. They know youre in for a wonderful experience and boy do they deliver. Unpretentious and not stuffy at all.
Food - simply sensational - I went for the 15 course degustation, it took 3.5 hours as I was there by myself, though would take more like 4-4.5 hours with more than one person. having said that, it went passed so without feeling bored. After the first two courses I knew I was in for the best meal ever. The food divine and wine matches unpretentious and perfect.
A lovely touch was the chef passing around the tables and greeting everyone including myself with translator and happy to take photos - it was an honour to meet Martin and I felt that he felt honoured that all patrons came to eat at his fine establishment

3  Thank drgeorgek
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Perfect day in the perfect location - in my view this restaurant is best experienced for lunch on the terrace.

The food is modern and perfectly balanced for the summer - real focus on fish and good quality ingredients with a local flavour and influence.

I will never do the restaurant justice in terms of my review of the food so I won't even try - just go and try it for yourself.

Only area for development when compared to other Michelin restaurants was that the service staff are quite young and their ability to describe / present the food is not at the same level as others. This is not to say it's bad; it's just not as good.

Overall i think this has to be my best 3* experience, having tried others in Asia, Paris and San Sebastián

1  Thank HewiLondon
Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Went there for lunch to celebrate my son's birthday. Every dish was amazing! Most impressive one was the salad which reminded me of Monet's works! Will definitely go back again!

Date of visit: July 2016