“Best vegan food I've ever had”

Smith and Daughters
Ranked #17 of 305 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

What a great place! Lovely staff, great space, and the best food. I was a little unnerved by seeing tuna and chorizo on the menu, but our waitress reassured us that all ingredients are plant based, but flavours combine to suggest these foods. You can choose from the menu or let your waiter choose for you, so we opted for the mystery tour and it was just fantastic. Had a chili and coriander margarita or two - they're perfect too!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I really love this restaurant. The food is really good and the beer. The staff are so nice and do an awesome job of looking after ya and the food looks good and man it tastes good. Also what is really awesome is that they play great music and the price is totally fair. I plan at eating here all the time.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We started with the corn chips and (cashew) cheese sauce, I was so impressed with the sauce I had to order a main meal with it as well. It was that good. We had a group of 5 and we each ordered something different and shared it around - even the most hardened meat eaters of the group were blown away by the "not meat" dishes. If you're planning a visit on a weekend, make sure you book in advance - we were lucky to get a table in the early evening.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I'm not a vegetarian but could easily be converted if I could make these meals at home. I visited on a week might for a late dinner with a friend. We booked online and sat at a communal table. We ordered five small plates to share with the help of the wonderful waitress. The staff here are extremely friendly and professional. We had pulled pork tapas, mince tapas and mushroom and corn tapas. Also liver pate, fish croquettes, mushroom in a yummy sauce and chorizo. All the dishes were amazing and yes this is a vegetarian restaurant. Just a reminder. We accompanied the dishes with a marvellous Pinot. The decor is very trendy. Location is on the city side of Brunswick Street making parking a little easier. Hint: have a look at all the quirky salt n pepper shakers. As we were the last to leave the waitress brought them to us. Nearly forgot - desserts and coffees were first class. Torte and ice cream. Yummmm. What are you waiting for, make a booking!

1  Thank CCK01
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great atmosphere in busy Brunswick St, it is up the city end and not in the real busy part so a bit easier to find parking. Plenty of variety in the dishes to choose from and a good range of drinks including cocktails and many beers. The wine list is reasonable in price compared to some other restaurants. The service was good and waiting staff were first class. Would certainly go back there and recommend for those that have not tried vegetarian food.

1  Thank JayCeetrips