“Delicious!!”

Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Melbourne
“Delicious!!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My friend and I booked a table in the bistro. A lovely warm, cosy room, having been renovated, but not too slick. The best part was the food. I had the lamb which had been slow cooked for 10 hours. It was a quirky dish, served with light pancakes in the same vein as Peking duck. So incredibly delicious. My friend had the mushroom risotto, which didn't disappoint. Not too expensive, particularly for such great cooking. Will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Great food!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you cannot get a table in the bistro don't give up on eating here. We went on a friday night and the bistro was booked out so we found a seat in the bar. It wasn't the most comfortable set up for eating but it was worth it for the food. We tried a range of their smaller dishes the most delicious were the pickles, the slow cooked lamb and the freekeh salad. We will make a booking next time and try some more main meals.

• Visited February 2013
Greater Melbourne, Australia
1,012 restaurant reviews
“Great Place; Great Food & Service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place has it jusr right.An old pub tastefully but not elaborately fitted out with excellent food and service.The food was interesting, well presented and not over-priced. Wine prices were typical of Melbourne . I look forward to returning.

• Visited November 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent even with three kids!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I took my mother and sisters three kids (7/9/11) to Builders Arms as a treat - more for mum and I as I had read great reviews. It did not disappoint. The kids are fussy eaters but the waiter who was exceptional with his service treated them like adults, and although its not listed there are simpler dishes like barramundi or chicken with chips. The 11 had a go at the orrechetti also he hates zucchini and loved it. They kids had a wonderful time (luckily they are exceptionally behaved) and were raving about the interior decoration and the waiters service between them.
The room is a large open space and could be noisy but we were sat down the back by the garden area so for us noise was not an issue. Mum and I enjoyed food off the menu which was cooked and presented. I fully intend to go back again so I can take advantage of the wine list without having to supervise kids.

• Visited March 2013
Perth, Australia
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

standout service for a pub (although couldn't really call it that anymore) and the food was very good with a reasonable price considering the service and quality of the food. Was a little disappointed with the range of wines but the pricing was ok.

• Visited February 2013