“Everything just happens like it should”
Review of Marios Cafe

Marios Cafe
Ranked #25 of 308 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I love Mario's. It isn't just an institution in Fitzroy. It's a living example of how a great business idea can be implemented brilliantly and consistently. I go mainly for coffee and even when it is busy (which is quite often) I am never made to feel like I am taking up space that could be occupied by someone who is dining. That's a wonderful attribute of staff who appreciate that every customer is important.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

It took me a long time to go to Mario's. There are a lot of very ordinary italian places nearby and I wrote this off as just another one - I was wrong. The food is delicious - it comes quickly and the price is good. Usually the customer service is good, but be aware that there is one older guy who has made us feel quite uncomfortable on a couple of occasions - doing things like stopping at your table and just watching you for a long time mid meal, inexplicably slapping windows and the floor loudly with a tea-towel, walking between tables for no reason with his rear end touching you. If he is not there is is great for a tasty, quick meal.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good food and vibe. Pleasant, relaxed, efficient and attentive service. Has a cash machine - relic of a time when it didn't accept credit cards - but now it does.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a great old fashioned Italian Cafe, great food great service will go back here...cant book so get in early

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I'm biased - I revisit Marios everytime I am in Melbourne. For a bunch of reasons - the food is consistently good, it's informal, friendly, the staff are always having a good time while giving good service, and all ages and all types of people eat there. I never feel out of sync eating alone there when on Melbourne on business - when I was there this week another four 'lone eaters' also popped in to grab some dinner, as well as small groups of people of all ages and styles - from the hip, to the casual, to the corporate eater, it's a melting pot. Food is very reasonably priced. There's a reason this place has been around for years and years and is still very successful.