“ciderlicious”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Description: Our Passion:-Food prepared form locally sourced produce (gluten free and vegan options available)-Communal, Social dinning-Australian & International Craft Cider & Beer-Boutique Australian Wine-House Designed Cocktails-Locally Brewed CoffeeOur Specialties:-Cider & Beer from Engine Pump-Hot Mulled Cider-Rotational Tap Points for limited & seasonal release cider & beer-Farmhouse cider from a French oak barrel-Tempranillo Cabernet from a French oak barrel
Reviewed May 25, 2013

if you like cider you will love this place! So many ciders to choose from,"grazing plate" delicious amazing range of fries to go with ciders! Its position on brunswick st Fitsroy easy to get to parking could be an issue so would advice getting a cab, (cabs in Melbourne cheaper than most capital cities) anyway you can then have a great tasting experience trying the variety of ciders

Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Was roaming around Brunswick Street and stumbled upon this little gem of a restaurant. Although, we did not eat any of the food here we loved the cider. There was such a selection of cider on the menu and all looked delicious. For those who don't want cider they also have beer and cocktails. What I liked most about The Cider House was the atmosphere. It had a feel of a winery, but with cider. Such a great twist :)

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Those potato skin chips with a craft beer and then a veggie stack, just happiness wrapped up in happiness. It's a bit silly, someone who can't drink cider going to a cider house, but it catered perfectly for my whole group of friends, and all the food was moorish. Will have to go back next time I'm in Melbourne.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The Cider House was a pleasure to check out. Definitely met all criterias than expected. A simple mention of my birthday and the barman arranged for a comlimentary dessert dish that was deee-lish!! (Cinnamon donuts balls w vanilla ice cream w a divine custard..I could go one right now!)

Meals and service was real great, very tasty burgers and pasta - definitely going to become a regular there. Big thumbs up for a great job to the chef and staff there.

Thank you heaps for wonderful dining experience =D

2  Thank Pooma A
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My partner and I had been really looking forward to trying this place when it opened, as we're both big cider drinkers. The atmosphere is really nice and laid back, and the meals are well priced and designed to share. I had squid and a bowl of chips served with rosemary salt and paprika mayo -- the flavours were just way too intense for me, and it was so salty I literally had to drink a litre of water to get the saltiness out of my mouth, which I have never before experienced. My partner ordered the pork belly, which she loved, so we definitely walked away from this place with mixed experiences. The cider selection was the highlight, and I enjoyed an Old Mout which was lovely. We ordered a mulled cider, as it was winter, and unfortunately, it was the opposite to the food -- the spices in the mulled cider were quite underwhelming, and lacking in flavour.

We visited so close to when it opened, so maybe there has been some fine tuning since. But unfortunately when we went, the food for me wasn't anything special. I'll be back for cider and the atmosphere, but not in a rush to eat there again.