I've stayed at other Quest properties before, and they've all been lovely (some absolutely incredible), so I thought staying here was a pretty safe bet, plus the location is fantastic! But the room was a dump! We requested either a room with a balcony or a smoking room (as I was pretty stressed due to a recent bereavement and the quit program is off for the moment), but what we got was a balcony-less room on the top floor (no elevator) that smelt like horrible old stale smoke, but that we weren't allowed to smoke in - we had to go all the way downstairs and smoke in the courtyard. I offered to pay extra if we had to upgrade to get a balcony but they said they were booked out. And as for the rest of the room - staff were rude, the oven didn't work, there were thick dusty cobwebs hanging down from the kitchen cupboards, most of the furniture was stained or damaged, and the bathroom clearly hadn't been renovated since the place was built (60s? 70s? whenever beige basins and toilet bowls paired with salmon pink vanity tops were popular...) and everything was chipped and stained plus the toilet didn't flush properly, and the cheap old TV only worked sometimes - and they still charged us the full rate! We booked weeks in advance and arrived exactly at the time we specified so we weren't unexpected guests and perhaps they just gave us a room they don't normally use and the rest are ok, but I definitely won't be staying here again and running the risk of getting one of their dud rooms!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Quest Royal Gardens, Fitzroy. Established in 1988, the property is a hidden oasis located within walking distance to Melbourne CBD, Lygon St and Brunswick St. Our Serviced apartments are only metres to the Carlton Gardens, Royal Exhibition Building, St Vincent's Hospital, Melbourne Museum and an array of shopping strips. Amid a tranquil garden setting, Quest Royal Gardens offers one, two, and three bedroom apartments with fully equipped kitchens, laundry facilities, generous living and dining areas, allowing guests to relax in comfort and privacy. The property feature's an outdoor swimming pool and spa, barbecue facilities and on-site car parking. Valet dry cleaning, grocery pickup, breakfast room service or hampers are also available along with chargeback at selected local restaurants.Please note that Quest Royal Gardens has stairs to and within the apartments. It's recommended to request for a ground floor apartment if required. Note that all requests are not guaranteed, and are subject to availability, this includes balconies and courtyards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Quest Royal Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quest Royal Gardens Hotel Fitzroy
- Quest Royal Gardens Melbourne
- Quest Royal Gardens Fitzroy, Greater Melbourne