“Gourmet on Greeves”

Ranked #23 of 305 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Cuisines: French, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Description: Hell of the North offers casual dining and drinking coupled with service that is informed and friendly. We are open from Wednesday to Sunday from 5pm for dinner and for lunch on Saturday & Sunday from noon until 3pm. We also offer a supper menu from 10pm ~1am on Friday & Saturday nights and between lunch & dinner on Saturday & Sunday. Group bookings are accepted and reservations are strongly recommended. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Walk up dark Greeves Street towards the sculptured hedges and the bright yellow door - the place speaks style before you even walk in. But the treasure is behind the yellow door. We shared a Beetroot Salad, the Mussels, the Casoulet and an Endive and Orange Salad. All were superb. Food of this quality required a bottle of Champagne from their excellent list. With all this and the great service, it was a perfect night out. This is the kind of place that could be very habit-forming. I loved it!

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Duck rillettes are fantastic. Overall top food, great atmosphere and good service - even when busy - which seems to be always!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Went here in a group of 12 for a work function. Great restaurant, service was good and the muscles were to die for. Most likely be back in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I would have reviewed this place the same day - it was so good! But Trip Advisor wanted a minimum of 100 characters, and for once, I didn't need that many words! EVERYTHING about our visit was amazing, from start to finish. Food. Wine. Service. Ambience. SENSATIONAL. Months later, I am still dreaming about it and plotting my return. If I had to find fault with anything, I would say that my chicken dish was a little salty, as I was thirsty later in the day. By the same token, it was the European-style saltiness that gave this dish its knockout edge. Do yourself a favour and eat here.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

this is a seriously good modern bistro - great food and service while pulling off the quirky but cool chique