“A bit of Brittany in Melbourne”

Breizoz French Creperie
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Fitzroy
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Description: Ph 9415 7588
Kuala Lumpur
“A bit of Brittany in Melbourne”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a lovely lunch at Breizoz. Really nice galettes (savoury) and gorgeous crepes (sweet). A very authentic experience with a Melbourne twist. The quality of the ingredients was really high and the service was friendly and efficient. Lovely place, great to go with children,

Australia
“A piece of Brittany in Melbourne!”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We really love Breizoz, a cute little French style creperie in Fitzroy. we have been twice, once for Sunday brunch and once for a weeknight dinner (they're open until 10pm) It's like stepping into a little French restaurant. The chef is French and some of the waitresses also. The crepes are heavenly and there is also galettes for the gluten intolerant. The day we went for brunch we had cheese crepes and chocolate crepes and a chocolate banana crepe, and my husband had a ham egg and cheese crepe. We went for dinner last week and my husband had the "brick" which has ham cheese egg, tomato and mushroom and he said it was a very filling meal. I tried the chorizo and tomato galette. the chorizo was a handmade spicy sausage, fresh, nothing like usual chorizo and absolutedly delicious. My daughter had the usual cheese crepes. We tried some dessert - lemon and orange crepes with vanilla icecream and I had the special of the day which was apple crepe with banana pralline and cinnamon icecream. Everything was very tasty, promptly served and service is always very friendly. If you want a light meal or a brunch in a quaint eatery we highly recommend it. It is licenced and also they have French conversation nights once a month or so for those who want to practice their skills! Prices are also very reasonable.

• Visited January 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Well worth a quick tram trip from Collins Street”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I came across this beautiful eateries quite by chance. Was early for a music gig across the old and saw Breizoz. What a find. The staff were attentive and the meal came quickly and was absolutely delicious. My relatives turned up sometime later and we stayed on. They were very happy with their meals too. Catch the 112 tram to Fitzroy and get off at Stop 13.

1 Thank na0mic
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“De vraies crepes bretonnes!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

After hearing very different things about Breizoz, I wanted to go and check it out myself...so, we head there with my partner on a Friday night, wondering if we are going to find the real "crepes bretonnes" that we miss so much! Yes, we did! The first thing that we liked was the menu of course...First, they have French cidre which is perfect to complement the crepes and is very different from the Australian cidre (too sweet for my taste). Then, they have the real galettes (made with buck wheat) for the savoury recipes. Also the menu contains all the classics: complete (cheese, ham, egg), soubise (onion compote), sausage...We went for a complete and a crepe with goat cheese, prosciutto and salad. The galettes were fantastic: crispy but tender at the same time and just the right rustic taste. The fillings were great too, especially the goat cheese! We then went for sweets with a simple chocolate crepe and a banana, butterscotch and cream crepe. Again the crepe itself was delicious. But we were not as convinced with the fillings: there was definitely not enough chocolate on the chocolate crepe and the "creme chantilly" seemed a bit too light to be homemade...Having said that, we would definitely go back, and maybe have a simple "beurre-sucre" for desert to make the most of the beautiful crepe!

• Visited August 2012
Brisbane, Australia
“Great Find!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

if your ever in Fitzroy check this place out.
They do get busy at times so there may be a short line but believe me its worth it.
They make a mean coffee and the crepes are to die for,
We had the apple and jam crepe and the chocolate crepe and mmmmmm they are so good.
The prices are very good as well with 2 crepes and a couple of coffees coming in at just over $20.

The staff are very friendly,
perhaps some of the nicest we had in Melbourne,

• Visited July 2012