“Well worth a quick tram trip from Collins Street”

Breizoz French Creperie
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Fitzroy
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Description: Ph 9415 7588
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I came across this beautiful eateries quite by chance. Was early for a music gig across the old and saw Breizoz. What a find. The staff were attentive and the meal came quickly and was absolutely delicious. My relatives turned up sometime later and we stayed on. They were very happy with their meals too. Catch the 112 tram to Fitzroy and get off at Stop 13.

1  Thank na0mic

Reviewed August 5, 2012

After hearing very different things about Breizoz, I wanted to go and check it out myself...so, we head there with my partner on a Friday night, wondering if we are going to find the real "crepes bretonnes" that we miss so much! Yes, we did! The first thing that we liked was the menu of course...First, they have French cidre which is perfect to complement the crepes and is very different from the Australian cidre (too sweet for my taste). Then, they have the real galettes (made with buck wheat) for the savoury recipes. Also the menu contains all the classics: complete (cheese, ham, egg), soubise (onion compote), sausage...We went for a complete and a crepe with goat cheese, prosciutto and salad. The galettes were fantastic: crispy but tender at the same time and just the right rustic taste. The fillings were great too, especially the goat cheese! We then went for sweets with a simple chocolate crepe and a banana, butterscotch and cream crepe. Again the crepe itself was delicious. But we were not as convinced with the fillings: there was definitely not enough chocolate on the chocolate crepe and the "creme chantilly" seemed a bit too light to be homemade...Having said that, we would definitely go back, and maybe have a simple "beurre-sucre" for desert to make the most of the beautiful crepe!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

if your ever in Fitzroy check this place out.
They do get busy at times so there may be a short line but believe me its worth it.
They make a mean coffee and the crepes are to die for,
We had the apple and jam crepe and the chocolate crepe and mmmmmm they are so good.
The prices are very good as well with 2 crepes and a couple of coffees coming in at just over $20.

The staff are very friendly,
perhaps some of the nicest we had in Melbourne,

Reviewed June 19, 2012

We popped into Breizoz for a late lunch after a visit to the Melbourne Museum. Service was bright and friendly and the food was great. I opted for two of the specials of the day, the Moroccan chicken gallette which smelled and tasted great. This was followed by the poached pear crepe. A whole pear poached in red wine served on crepes and smothered in delicious chocolate sauce....sublime. i topped the meal off with a cup of delicious french cider. Highly recommended.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I had lunch at Breizoz on a sunny, warm day in April 2012. I chose it because it had a small patio outside, an interesting menu and it reminded me of Canada and the great French restaurants we have. As a creperie, the range of menu items is limited mostly to crepes -- but what a choice of crepes there is!!! I had the smoke salmon crepe with a salad and it was incroyable (incredible)! It was cooked perfectly and was very tasty! Definitely equal to or better than any crepe I've had in France or Quebec. Service was prompt and friendly. The owner himself served me and he was happy to chat with me in french - a nice reminder of home! I found the prices readonable and certainly consistent with the quality of the food.

They also offer a "french conversation" evening on a regular basis for french speaking ex-pats and anyone wanting to practice their french over dinner -- such a great idea!!!