“delicious” 5 of 5 bubbles

Breizoz French Creperie
Ranked #2 of 5 Dessert in Fitzroy
Cuisines: French
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Fitzroy
Description: Ph 9415 7588
perth
“delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

We popped into Breizoz for a late lunch after a visit to the Melbourne Museum. Service was bright and friendly and the food was great. I opted for two of the specials of the day, the Moroccan chicken gallette which smelled and tasted great. This was followed by the poached pear crepe. A whole pear poached in red wine served on crepes and smothered in delicious chocolate sauce....sublime. i topped the meal off with a cup of delicious french cider. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2012

Ottawa, ON
“Excellent restaurant - tres bon choix a Melbourne!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2012

I had lunch at Breizoz on a sunny, warm day in April 2012. I chose it because it had a small patio outside, an interesting menu and it reminded me of Canada and the great French restaurants we have. As a creperie, the range of menu items is limited mostly to crepes -- but what a choice of crepes there is!!! I had the smoke salmon crepe with a salad and it was incroyable (incredible)! It was cooked perfectly and was very tasty! Definitely equal to or better than any crepe I've had in France or Quebec. Service was prompt and friendly. The owner himself served me and he was happy to chat with me in french - a nice reminder of home! I found the prices readonable and certainly consistent with the quality of the food.

They also offer a "french conversation" evening on a regular basis for french speaking ex-pats and anyone wanting to practice their french over dinner -- such a great idea!!!

Melbourne, Australia
“For first time having crepes, it was pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

I've been walking past this little place for a number of months now, curious to find out if the food is any good.

It's conveniently located near trams and trains (Parliament Station).

The service was alright. The food was pretty good, although not cheap. (Cost around $20 for a savoury crepe and drink).

Overall happy with my meal there.

Would I go out of my way to eat there? No

Would I drop in if I'm in the area? Yes!

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
California
“Delicious Breton crepes made by a Breton!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Jean-Marie (owner) is an excellent French chef who will delight your senses with his sweet and savoury crepes. He makes his own ice creams, jams, and garnishes for the crepes (chocolate covered candied orange rind, divine sauteed onions, praline, etc). He makes the best crepes I've ever had.
I had the goat cheese and onion crepe for my main dish followed by the cointreau and praline crepe for dessert (accompanied by lime pear yogurt ice cream). My husband had the "complete" which had ham, egg, and cheese. For dessert he had the chocolate and praline crepe with praline ice cream. I can highly recommend all of the above.
To accompany my crepe, I had a tasty latte which was perfectly made and was accompanied by a cinnamon flavoured meringue.
The crepes are delicious, the ingredients are fresh, the staff are friendly and the restaurant is conveniently located in an interesting neighbourhood near St. Patrick's cathedral, the Melbourne museum, Parliament House, etc..

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank CAtourist
New Zealand
“Loved the French atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2011

Breizoz is a genuine French-owned creperie with loads of atmosphere and charm. The crepes come in a variety of sweet and savoury flavours, and are good value. I tried the chocolate and praline which was delicious. I also had an excellent black coffee which was served with a cinnamon flavoured meringue.

There is outdoor seating under some very French-looking plane trees, or indoors in a rustic-style room decorated with French pictures and ornaments. It's very handy to the Melbourne Museum and Carlton Gardens, so it would be a good stopping place for food either before or after.

• Visited September 2011