WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Best stay in Melbourne” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Brooklyn Arts Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fitzroy
Brooklyn Arts Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Fitzroy B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“Best stay in Melbourne”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

It's rare to find a hotel that has real character and warmth in such a good city location. This is our favourite place to stay in Melbourne for that reason... Great quality, price, atmosphere and location. The building is a beautiful old classic home, the rooms all individual and the shared bathrooms are great. We have stayed in three different rooms, one of them being the yellow room mentioned in a negative review below... And I have to disagree with that reviewer... Our experience was completely different, no damp or mildew smell/affects. Every room we have stayed in has been perfectly clean, as have been the bathrooms. There are dogs, but they are lovely and definitely part of the environment... Thanks Brooklyn!

Room Tip: Stay in a different room each time!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KateLouise-Adelaide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

On a recent trip to Melbourne I found this great little boutique hotel to be a real treat. The host was charming and the location so very convenient to Melbourne and Gertrude St.
You really feel like your in the middle of everything but without the noise and general chaos of big cities. Overall - excellent

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank thesoak
Casteau, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

I had a Saturday night off work (a very unusual thing indeed) to spend in Melbourne with my girlfriend and a mate of mine suggested staying at the Brooklyn Arts Hotel. The first thing I could say is how convenient a location it is; so close to the city and northside plus getting southside in a taxi was super quick. The place is awesome, very antique and luxurious. Maggie helped us settle in before we headed out for the night, came back late and electric blankets had heated the bed up all nice and toasty. The ensuite was cute and the shower hot. Loved the little covered balcony too. Most importantly I had a great nights sleep, just what you need on a night off! Will definitely be staying again next time I head to Melbourne.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank robot_machine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Brooklyn for a few days while we explored Melbourne. We were in one of the double rooms in the house. It was really cosy with quirky decor which continued throughout the building.
It's in an great spot that's close to the city but in Fitzroy which was so much fun with great restaurants and bars nearby.
We loved the dogs but they're a dominant feature of the hotel so not a place for non-dog people.
Not your average hotel, but strongly recommended to those looking for a comfortable b&b

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

This is a quirky, cool hotel and I am sure that reviewers who stayed in rooms in the main house, en suite, had a different experience from me. My room was outside in the garden with a shared bathroom and shower that also was outside. The room was nicely decorated and very pleasant -- I loved it until I sat on one of the beds and slid off. The other bed was very comfortable so no worries. The room was cold, but they had plenty of blankets on the bed. The bathrooms had cobwebs, but I never saw a spider. It was loud and the room smelled like wet dog. Now, if I was paying very little for the room, I would not be that put out .... but it was not cheap for the level of comfort. I could have dealt with the rustic set up but for my allergies. The room was very damp and most certainly had mildew / mould - I am very allergic to both and to dogs. I had to leave the hotel after one night (no refund) exhausted.

This is just my experience; it is a very cool place and Maggie the hostess is lovely. I strongly recommend that you ask NOT to be placed in the "Yellow Room" - it must be the worst room in the house.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Fortheus N
EAST SUSSEX, UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

As it was our first visit to Melbourne, the BAH turned out to be conveniently located near two tram stops for journeys into and out of town and and just a short walk from the restauarants on Gertrude Street and midway between the areas of Smith and Brunswick streets.

This "hotel" is essentially just a B&B. Whilst certainly more than adequate for our needs, it might not suit everyone. We had the upstairs "Blue" room whch was comfortable. The whole place is definitely different and is extremely querky. Breakfasts are a self-help exercise on an informal mix-in basis. No frills but no reason to complain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PIGASIMU
austrailia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was ok the location was the best part of my stay it really is just a house full of rooms I had the upstairs Green room I am not a Fitzroy Yuppy by any means I stayed as it was close to my Sons Place But I did stand out as The different one,,, It is only for the Musician, Or the real Arty type crowd I did not feel comfortable there at all there is a small breakfast included I did not use this as I felt nervous in that I have absolutely nothing in common with this type of Establishment, and the Other Guests, The room was nice enough There is no Fridge, Tv,or Tea Coffee facility's it was all about the Location for me but would Deff suit the older younger Art lover and a home type environment.Found the price rather high But it's in Fitzroy All up for me it was just ok

Room Tip: Don't pick upstairs Room green the lights next door on nearly all night Not Good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ozzygypsy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitzroy
Parkville
Chinatown
Ovolo Laneways
Ovolo Laneways
#16 of 157 in Melbourne

Been to Brooklyn Arts Hotel? Share your experiences!