“Definitely different”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fitzroy
Brooklyn Arts Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Fitzroy B&B and Inns
EAST SUSSEX, UK
“Definitely different”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

As it was our first visit to Melbourne, the BAH turned out to be conveniently located near two tram stops for journeys into and out of town and and just a short walk from the restauarants on Gertrude Street and midway between the areas of Smith and Brunswick streets.

This "hotel" is essentially just a B&B. Whilst certainly more than adequate for our needs, it might not suit everyone. We had the upstairs "Blue" room whch was comfortable. The whole place is definitely different and is extremely querky. Breakfasts are a self-help exercise on an informal mix-in basis. No frills but no reason to complain.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PIGASIMU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
austrailia
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was ok the location was the best part of my stay it really is just a house full of rooms I had the upstairs Green room I am not a Fitzroy Yuppy by any means I stayed as it was close to my Sons Place But I did stand out as The different one,,, It is only for the Musician, Or the real Arty type crowd I did not feel comfortable there at all there is a small breakfast included I did not use this as I felt nervous in that I have absolutely nothing in common with this type of Establishment, and the Other Guests, The room was nice enough There is no Fridge, Tv,or Tea Coffee facility's it was all about the Location for me but would Deff suit the older younger Art lover and a home type environment.Found the price rather high But it's in Fitzroy All up for me it was just ok

Room Tip: Don't pick upstairs Room green the lights next door on nearly all night Not Good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ozzygypsy
New York, New York
Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was perfect for my stay and a great introduction to Melbourne. The location is fantastic, and it was the most reasonable rate I could find in an expensive city. My room was off a garden, and the place had an indoor outdoor character. Breakfasts were a nice time to chat with interesting guests from all over. Good coffee, good bread. It's a bit rough around the edges, but not in a seedy way. I felt totally at home. I shared a bath and shower. It's not for everyone, but I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank elzog
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is with out a doubt the best hostel we've ever stayed in. The owner Maggie makes a point of introducing herself to each guest and to make sure they're as comfortable as possible. The experience feels like you're staying at your best friends house in one of the best locations in Melbourne.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cygnet, Australia
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We loved our time at the Brooklyn Arts Hotel-welcoming ,comfortable and delightful .Maggie is a superb hostess . Great location too,surrounded by great cafe's and restaurants ,walking distance to the city and trams close by.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed twice in this wonderful private hotel in a beautiful quiet street in the middle of Fitzroy. Maggie is the owner and ensures all guests feel welcome. Whether you choose to sit in the quaint lounge room or stick to your room this hotel caters for all. I met some wonderful artists and other travellers over breakfast in the morning. There are no TV,s and it is a quiet relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the upstairs front room or either of the downstairs front rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Coffs Harbour, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my mum for my birthday for four nights. We found Brooklyn arts hotel to be a lovely little home away from home. Maggie was a great host and we enjoyed her company at breakfast. The building is full of interesting and quirky things, and has a beautiful little back garden. We stayed in the queen room downstairs, and it was nice and clean and very quiet at night. Maggie supplied a nice range of organic sourdough breads, a variety of fruit and lots of different jams etc. we were also offered porridge if we wanted. Maggie runs her hotel in a practical manner with the environment in mind. The place is old, but clean with nice roomy bathrooms. If you are after somewhere to stay in Melbourne with a bit of character and a friendly host, then you can't go past Brooklyn Arts Hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitzroy
Parkville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 7,524 reviews
Adelphi Hotel
Adelphi Hotel
#1 of 159 in Melbourne

Been to Brooklyn Arts Hotel? Share your experiences!