“Not my type” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Brooklyn Arts Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fitzroy
Brooklyn Arts Hotel
You added Brooklyn Arts Hotel to your Saves list
Ranked #1 of 1 Fitzroy B&B and Inns
austrailia
“Not my type”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

It was ok the location was the best part of my stay it really is just a house full of rooms I had the upstairs Green room I am not a Fitzroy Yuppy by any means I stayed as it was close to my Sons Place But I did stand out as The different one,,, It is only for the Musician, Or the real Arty type crowd I did not feel comfortable there at all there is a small breakfast included I did not use this as I felt nervous in that I have absolutely nothing in common with this type of Establishment, and the Other Guests, The room was nice enough There is no Fridge, Tv,or Tea Coffee facility's it was all about the Location for me but would Deff suit the older younger Art lover and a home type environment.Found the price rather high But it's in Fitzroy All up for me it was just ok

Room Tip: Don't pick upstairs Room green the lights next door on nearly all night Not Good
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ozzygypsy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was perfect for my stay and a great introduction to Melbourne. The location is fantastic, and it was the most reasonable rate I could find in an expensive city. My room was off a garden, and the place had an indoor outdoor character. Breakfasts were a nice time to chat with interesting guests from all over. Good coffee, good bread. It's a bit rough around the edges, but not in a seedy way. I felt totally at home. I shared a bath and shower. It's not for everyone, but I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank elzog
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

This is with out a doubt the best hostel we've ever stayed in. The owner Maggie makes a point of introducing herself to each guest and to make sure they're as comfortable as possible. The experience feels like you're staying at your best friends house in one of the best locations in Melbourne.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cygnet, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We loved our time at the Brooklyn Arts Hotel-welcoming ,comfortable and delightful .Maggie is a superb hostess . Great location too,surrounded by great cafe's and restaurants ,walking distance to the city and trams close by.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have stayed twice in this wonderful private hotel in a beautiful quiet street in the middle of Fitzroy. Maggie is the owner and ensures all guests feel welcome. Whether you choose to sit in the quaint lounge room or stick to your room this hotel caters for all. I met some wonderful artists and other travellers over breakfast in the morning. There are no TV,s and it is a quiet relaxing place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the upstairs front room or either of the downstairs front rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Coffs Harbour, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my mum for my birthday for four nights. We found Brooklyn arts hotel to be a lovely little home away from home. Maggie was a great host and we enjoyed her company at breakfast. The building is full of interesting and quirky things, and has a beautiful little back garden. We stayed in the queen room downstairs, and it was nice and clean and very quiet at night. Maggie supplied a nice range of organic sourdough breads, a variety of fruit and lots of different jams etc. we were also offered porridge if we wanted. Maggie runs her hotel in a practical manner with the environment in mind. The place is old, but clean with nice roomy bathrooms. If you are after somewhere to stay in Melbourne with a bit of character and a friendly host, then you can't go past Brooklyn Arts Hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is the third time I have visited Maggie's beautiful Fitzroy dwelling, each time with some girlfriends and we love it here, a true home away from home, and always someone interesting to talk to at the breakfast table. Here are some things I love about this small hotel and some reasons to stay here: stay here if you love the quirky and individual, each room is different (some fit 3 very comfortably so I always share with my girlfriends) and I love the old fashioned and recycled decor. stay here if you like a good chat around the breakfast table, but Maggie will introduce you to everybody so don't stay if you just want a couples time alone. Stay here if you want to be in the heart of Fitzroy (where else!) and you want to be able to stagger 50metres to some awesome wine bars and shops, don't stay if you want to come back and party at the hotel as it is not that kind of place. Walk across Fitzroy gardens to the centre of town. No public transport needed. Stay here if you want somewhere clean and colourful, but not if you mind walking down the corridor to a bathroom. Stay here if you care about the environment but not if you object to patting the labradors which greet you in the corridor (outside). Personally I will never stay anywhere else, no other hotel leaves such a warm glow, nor is as well located.

Room Tip: Each room is different. The upstairs ones probably quieter and more luxurious but I have always slep...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitzroy
Park Hyatt Melbourne
#9 of 156 in Melbourne
4.5 of 5 stars 1,334 reviews
Central Business District
Radisson on Flagstaff Gardens

Been to Brooklyn Arts Hotel? Share your experiences!