“Delicious food, delightful staff”
Review of Aux Batifolles

Aux Batifolles
Ranked #54 of 292 Restaurants in Fitzroy
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Melbourne
“Delicious food, delightful staff”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a great meal here last night - the food was excellent and the service was very attentive without being overpowering. My husband had the charcutier plate and I had the "aux Batifolles" tart as entrees and they were both delicious. For a main course I had the lamb which was REALLY yummy and my husband had a perfectly cooked steak - his frites could have been a bit crispier but overall a delicious meal. We will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2013

Melbourne
“A hidden gem in Fitzroy North”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Let me start by saying I've never actually been to France, but that didn't stop me from feeling totally Frenchy-chic when visiting Aux Batifolles. My husband and I went on a very quiet night (there were only a few other tables - it was Easter so lots of people away on holidays) but that didn't stop our enjoyment. The service was impeccable and the wait staff had lingering French accents - very authentic. The food was delicious, we started with a serve of the pâté and a bowl of French onion soup. Mains were the boeuf bourguignon and a côte de boeuf. I had the steak - it was amazing. A giant rib-eye on the bone with a sprinkling of herbs, an amazing béarnaise sauce and "French" fries on the side. It was an absolute bargain for $28. For dessert we shared a crème brûlée which was creamy and delicious. The wine was extremely well priced at $8 a glass for a beaujolais. Aux Batifolles is a hidden gem for value, service and taste. Couldn't recommend this place more - we will definitely be back.

• Visited March 2013
“Great restaurant!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Aux Batifolles was the perfect place for a first date. The gentleman who accompanied me was French and he highly approved, even saying it was the best meal he'd had since he'd been in Australia.

I am a vegetarian and with only 'vegetarian option' on the menu I felt a bit anxious as to what it might be but I was pleasantly surprised when my meal came out. You can tell the expertise of a chef by his vegetarian dishes and my meal was very good! Great value for money.

Nice atmosphere, made me feel like I was back in Paris and I have recommended the restaurant to my friends.

• Visited December 2012
“Great French food”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This was our fifth trip to Aux Batifolles. The food has a genuine french taste followed up by polite service. Their Beef bourguignon is to die for - so rich and authentically made. A great affordable French wine list- however our favourite was out of stock.

• Visited August 2012
“Classic French Brasserie”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We have visited this restaurant five times this year, and really like the true French flavour. The wait staff are French but speak good English and are knowledgeable about both food and wine. The decor is plain but the restaurant has a welcoming feel about it. The wine list is not long but there is a good selection of carefully chosen French wines, and some Australian wines, and the prices are very reasonable by Melbourne standards. A lot of the wines are available by the glass. The cuisine is essentially French with a number of classic French dishes, well-prepared and well-presented. It is difficult to fault this very nice restaurant.

• Visited May 2012