“Very nice Hotel for relaxing and Business”

Hotel Klosterpforte
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marienfeld
Bingen am Rhein, Germany
“Very nice Hotel for relaxing and Business”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The rooms are quiet, the staff is friendly, the food is excellent and the prices are adequate. In the older part of the hotel, the rooms could use new carpet and a little makeover in general. The new part called "Sporthotel" is actually more to recommend, it is modern, directly at a small artificial lake good for swimming and the rooms are more spacious. The fitness and spa area are usually clean and empty.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the "Sporthotel" if you like it more modern.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Waukegan, Illinois
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip in August 2012 and was very happy with my stay.

Service: the Front Desk, restaurant, and breakfast staff were all very friendly, helpful, and - like most good service staff in Europe - polyglots. Service in English was not a problem at all.

Value: I have to admit, I didn't pay for the stay myself so I cannot attest to the value of this hotel.

Sleep quality: Considering I was severely jet lagged, being my first night after arriving from the US in the morning, I slept very well. When comparing with other German hotels, I'd almost go as far to say that the bedding was 'posh'!

Cleanliness: Very clean, as expected. The grounds are really beautiful.

Location: This hotel is set a little bit away from the city center, which, of course, might be desirable for some people. But, when traveling for business, I like to try to stay near a city center so I can walk around and visit some of the pubs at night. This wasn't the best place to stay to do that.

Rooms: The room was absolutely beautiful.

Restaurant: Had dinner and breakfast at the hotel, and both were wonderful. I actually ate dinner at the brewpub in one of the other buildings and had a couple of their beers - a helles and a dunkel. The helles was a bit odd - to me it almost tasted more like an English Ale than a German beer (sorry!) - but the dunkel was delicious. The food was fantastic.

Overall, I'd say this is an excellent place to stay, especially if you are looking for a hotel that is set a little away from a city center and have a car to travel around. I could see staying a few nights here on a vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jason_r_smith
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed here with my husband for a few days, our suite was tasteful and spacious. Food was of a high standard with plenty to choose from. The spa is amazing with lots to offer although a little over priced. Good quiet location with easy access to autobahn for trips etc. Overall great stay.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
India
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I stayed in Hotel Klosterpforte at Gutersloh for 4 days... it was a pleasant experience, nice hotel, good rooms, beautiful GREEN country side which just takes your breathaway... best place for a getaway from all the hustle & bustle of life... highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Munich, Germany
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I didn't know what to expect when I was told I would be spending 3 days here for a course. I knew Marienfeld wasn't large, so I assumed it would be small. The property is HUGE! I spent the first morning exploring with a colleague. There are two churches, lakes, football fields.

We were in the conference rooms next to the church which were a lovely mix of modern and old. The bedrooms in the landhaus were a bit dated and not great, but okay. The breakfast buffet had a large selection. Dinners were a bit slow, but yummy. The bar was larger than I expected. All of the staff from the bar to the cafe were extremely friendly.

I treated myself to a massage before I left- unfortunately it was so relaxing that I walked around like a zombie for the rest of the day :-)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
North West England
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed here recently on a business trip. This appears to be an old abbey converted to a spa hotel. A bit of a maze. The rooms are clean and well equipped. The restaurant - I ate in the keller - is atmospheric and the food is wholesome. Just what you'd expect in a keller. The overall impression is restful and just what is needed for a relaxing break or overnight on a business trip. Some will regard the early morning birdsong alarm as an intrusion. For me, this brings me closer to nature and is a welcome break from the usual humdrum.
The front office staff were friendly and helpful, showing me to my room, which was unexpected but welcome given the maze-like hotel layout.
As the title, I would pay to stay here myself, and for me, there is no higher recommendation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Newcastle
Reviewed September 12, 2008

My family and I, complete with dog, stayed here for 5 days and it did not disappoint. The room,reception, gardens, spa, restaurants etc etc were all outstanding.

The family suite we had was excellent. It had the most amazing bathroom and a seperate shower room with wc. Kettle, snacks, flat screen tv, mini bar and room service were all to hand. It was a special break. I booked into the spa for a days pampering and it was wonderful. The pool, sauna, steam room & sun roomare free and are open anytime for all guests.

The breakfast is buffet style and it has a large variation to choose from. There is something for everyone and it is very fresh and tasty.

There is the hotel restaurant/bar, which is very inviting, along with two other exquisit restaurants within the grounds. I really recommend the Mediteranean restaurant close to the sports ground, beautiful wine too.

I, and my family ,so enjoyed this 4*+ hotel and wonder why it wasn't a 5*. Our children are 17 & 8 years old and this hotel was great for both of them.

I would return at a moments notice.

If you fancy something more traditional the Altes Baurenhaus in the village is great and very family friendly. The menu is in English and the owners are very friendly

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Shoppymad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marienfeld
Koenig's Hotel am Schlosspark
#1 of 10 in Gutersloh
Hotel Arminius
Hotel Arminius
#3 of 23 in Bad Salzuflen

Been to Hotel Klosterpforte? Share your experiences!