All reviewsparking garageper nightone nightlarge roompillowswifigermanyautobahn
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay for one night at the hotel. Huge clean rooms - very little noise - yes I admit it - today I slept over. But I reached the big well asorted breakfast. The hotel has its own parking garage, and with public transport just outside the hotel it was easy to go downtown beautyful Lubeck! The price too was very comoetitive.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is easy to find by car, and they have secure parking (9 euro per night). Large rooms. Good breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff. Situated outside town. Easy to get to town on bus number 9.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
YBasel, Manager at Best Western Hotel Luebecker Hof, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2017

Dear Lene, thanks for this great rating and review. Since there is not much to add we will just wish you a great upcoming week and welcome you back anytime to beautiful Lübeck. Best regards, your Best Western Nordic Hotel Lübecker Hof.

Reviewed March 17, 2017

This hotel is in a quiet surburb of Lübeck, within walking distance of the old town (3 kilometres) Staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast was fine. The room was large and clean and a comfortable bed, we just had the usual problem one gets with hotel Showers that have a mind of their own.There is coffee and tea making facility if you can find a socket to plug the kettle into and you don't want to break your back crawling under the table. Otherwise a good hotel. Watch the onsite car parking fee. 9 Euros per day.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Yvonne B, Manager at Best Western Hotel Luebecker Hof, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2017

Dear Anna, thank you for your response. We are very glad that the most important topics staff, breakfast, room, bed and cleanliness were satisfactory. Concerning the shower we have already sent our technician in the room were you stayed. Meanwhile he also changed the plugs under the desk which should be in the correct working order again. Thanks again for the comment and we would hope to have you as a guest again, your Best Western Nordic Hotel Lübecker Hof.

Reviewed February 14, 2017

I was tempted to cancel my booking at Best Western Nordic Hotel Lübecker Hof after reading some of the comments here on Tripadvisor. I am glad I did not because I had a wonderful stay. I assume that the reviewers rate the hotel much different depending on if they came for business or pleasure. So my review contains the typical points of a guy travelling for business.

I paid 73,50 EUR in room 318 excluding parking (9 EUR) and breakfast (6,75 EUR) - a price I believe which is more than reasonable

So as a business traveller I always ask myself these questions:

Where can I park my car?
--> the hotel has covered parking below the hotel for about 30 cars. Entrance is secured by gates with key code (exit) so accessible at any time. There is an elevator from the parking deck directly to check-in and rooms.

How do I check in?
--> Reception is 24/7 and the people are very friendly

Where do I eat?
--> Hotel restaurant is Italian style. The food is reasonable priced and very good. Service people however seem to be quite inexperienced. We had to ask several times for missing pieces such as a spoon to eat Spaghetti, Parmesan cheese for the nudels or Balsamic vinegar for the salad. The restaurant is closed on Sunday!

Is there a bar?
--> There is a very cozy bar with a nice bar tender open every day from 7pm. The bar alone is worth a visit with the old ship model and the atmosphere in it. Please be aware this is a smokers bar and you cannot charge to your room.

How is breakfast?
--> Breakfast is very tasty and the room has a lot of atmosphere with the view to the small creek behind the hotel. Staff is very friendly and I really would recommend to have breakfast here.

How are the rooms?
Rooms are a nice size and the bed is very cozy - probably one of the best beds I had in hotels recently. Rooms have hardwood floor and I loved everything in it. Bathrooms are dated and some mold in the corners showing the age of the hotel (the building is quite old). Shower pressure is good and the space is above average.

Some people report that the hotel is dated?
Correct if you translate atmosphere with "dated". I would rather call the hotel an older building with charme however I understand that people expect clean, sterile hotels nowadays. Personally I prefer some style and this hotel has style.

How easy can the hotel be reached?
The hotel is near the highway but in a very quiet neighborhood. Ideal for a good night sleep.

How is Internet connection at the hotel?
My room was on the 3rd floor which is the highest level. I was unable to connect in my room to the Best Western WiFi but since the hotel is in a destination where both Vodafone and T-Mobile have full LTE connection I did not need. On lower levels Internet WiFi speed is fast and reliable.

I would always stay here again when I come to the region for business. I would not stay here as a tourist since it is far away from downtown and the double beds are too small for me and my wife (140 x 200).

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd floor and below if you need WiFi
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank teaki78089
Yvonne B, Manager at Best Western Hotel Luebecker Hof, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2017

Dear teaki78089, thank you for this excellent review of our hotel and the advices to all future guests of ours. There is not much to add, only that our WiFi will be modified in the next few months and will thereby extend it's range. Also there is a public bus (number 9) going directly from the hotel into Lübeck's oldtown, so maybe a chance for you to come as a tourist as well! If you bring your wife we definitely will give you a double room. The beds are 180cm wide while our kingsize beds, which you had, are only 140cm wide. We appreciate your time commenting, your team from the Best Western Nordic Hotel Luebecker Hof.

Reviewed January 10, 2017

Conveniently located not far from the Autobahn. Nice modern room. Very pleasant Italian style restaurant and bar. A bit difficult to find if you use in car navigation. Make sure you input the hotel name, not it's address. My (Ford) navigation did not understand the address at all, (too many alternatives in the nearby area), but did know the hotel's actual location.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled solo
Yvonne B, Manager at Best Western Hotel Luebecker Hof, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2017

Dear Dave, we appreciate your great rating and the helpful response. We actually have this case a few times each month so here is a little help: Our street name exists twice in the area - although just 2 kilometers apart from each other. The postal code must be '23617', city should be 'Stockelsdorf' not Lübeck, and district is 'Ostholstein'. If help is needed please call us under 0049 451 490707. Best regards, your team of the Best Western Nordic Hotel Lübecker Hof.