Villa Ca'n Maries
Apartments Mar y Playa(Ibiza Town)(Great Value!)
$144
$140
  • Beachfront
Hotel Playasol Lei Ibiza(Ibiza Town)(Great Value!)
$142
$138
  • Pool
Apartamentos Llobet(Ibiza Town)(Great Value!)
$200
  • Pool
Don Quijote Hotel(Ibiza Town)
$93
$116
$112
Travelocity
  • Pool
Ca Na Xica - Boutique Hotel & Spa(Sant Miquel De Balansat)
TripAdvisor
Agroturism Sa Vinya den Palerm(Sant Miquel De Balansat)
TripAdvisor
C'as Pla Hotel(Sant Miquel De Balansat)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Ibiza Playa(Ibiza Town)
Hotel Figueretes(Ibiza Town)
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Four of us stayed here in two rooms 3 weeks ago and we had a very mixed experience. It's a very sweet boutique hotel - nice dining area, the staff, a wonderful man and lady run the kitchen area - they are helpful and charming - the reception room is by far the most luxurious area in the hotel. The swimming pool is quite small but very pleasant for a dip - though I noticed the reclining chairs were not made up in the mornings (you do that yourself). The breakfast is nice enough - croissants were sometimes a little chewy, but there's always a jug of fresh orange juice put down and as I said the staff were lovely and made the mornings for us.

Half way through our stay the gentleman owner asked my sister if her and her 9 year old son would mind moving out of their suite to make way for a family of three (important to mention we had tried to book a double room at the time but he only had suites so gave it to us at the same price as a double). She obliged, packed up all their belongings and moved in to the double room. This was a bit of a hassle but understanding it was a family business did it willingly.

The rooms are in need of updating, many things were broken and damaged in ours. Our room (a newer one) had space and a nice sink and toilet but was a little dingy, not helped by the blown out light bulbs (2 or 3 were not working), the shower door fell on me while showering, the water pressure was a dribble most evenings, the curtain in the bathroom had a cigarette burn hole, the TV wouldn't turn on, the chair outside our room was broken (visibly so throughout our stay but nothing was done to fix it). Now I might have said something about the shower door, but then my sister had a fairly bizarre exchange with the owners of the hotel:

My sister approached the owners one evening to tell them that the bathroom light was flickering on and off and could it please be looked at. The gentleman owner told my sister that he was not an electrician, and that as it was the weekend there was nothing that could be done as there were no electricians available. When she asked if he could please at least take a look at it he said well yes 'but after I have eaten my dinner'.

This left her feeling awful. And the rest of us pretty frustrated - if you run a hotel then its upkeep and your guests comfort is your responsibility. We felt that the owner was generally very charming and chatty but that him and his wife in fact probably shouldn't be hoteliers, as they are not really interested in hospitality, the attitude was all wrong. For this reason I chose not to tell them about the little broken bits in our room.

It's a shame really as this could be a gem of a place with better upkeep of the rooms and a different attitude. I have to say that very decently the gentleman owner offered a generous discount for the trouble caused with the room switch.

However, as a family that takes a few days out in Ibiza every year we shall not be returning - for us a nice helpful attitude is the most important bit.

And while these owners, well the gentleman owner at least, is eager to chat and mingle with guests, he is not eager to actually run his place as a hotel - this place was firstly this couples home which may explain it to some extent. It certainly feels like this couple would rather be guests in their own hotel - or just not have to deal with very typical hotel management!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sammyps
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

This place was a real find. Great space. Top class service. Lovely breakfast. Huge room. Three 40 something's shared a suite for a few nights while sightseeing the north of the island. Amazing beaches nearby and lovely countryside walks. But a car is a must. Perfect for charging our batteries before heading back to the craziness of Ibiza town. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 12, 2012

We stayed 4 nights for a long we, as we do several times per year in Ibiza.
It's the 3rd agroturismo we tried.
Even if it is an ok place, we prefered the 2 others. One was cheaper and the other one more expensive.
The owner and his wife were nice, the place is clean but we didn't find anything special really.
The breakfast is not included and did not seem to match breakfasts in others agroturismos.
We made our own breakfast or took it in others hotels/restaursnts.
Honestly, in terms quality/price, this is not a great deal.
It is actually quite noisy for such a remote location with a lot of noise from the road nearby.
Don't get me wrong, there's not much to complain about, you may very well enjoy your stay...
we found it average ... a lot of maybe stupid details .. for instance, in the Monet room, there is an horrible painting of an Ibizenco's artist ... poor Monet ;-)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stephane f
Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is a lovely peaceful place in the North of Ibiza. We went for a quiet weekend away and it was perfect. The place is up in the woods far away from the noise and partying of Ibiza. It is so quiet and peaceful. The night sky of the stars is amazing!

It’s a lovely family run place, so very friendly and accommodating.

The rooms are a little bit dated interior-wise, but extremely clean, with lovely sea views and large balconies. The common areas are great with a nice pool. Service is impeccable. Nice breakfast, though not cheap, but then nothing in Ibiza is cheap.

I read some of the "bad" reviews on here before going, and was slightly concerned, but that was unfounded. The owners could not be more friendly, and the security in the rooms (which was a concern in one review) unfounded.

There was a couple of slight downsides; Wi-Fi was poor throughout and often no internet working at all, and as before mentioned the rooms a little bit dated. Also it is not cheap, and for not much more, you could stay at Atzaro, which is, like, AMAZE! Just saying.

I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I stayed here at the start of September for a friends wedding in the nearby Haceinda hotel at Na Xamena. My budget wouldn't quite stretch to the prices charged there but as Can Maries was only 5 minutes drive away it seemed like the perfect location, and I was really pleased I made the choice.

The hotel is very easy to find, simply take the main road heading to Port San Miguel and the small country road leading to the hotel is on the right hand sign and well signposted. The hotel itself is perched half way up a hill with views down into Port San Miguel. There is reasonable parking at the front of the hotel. The hotel itself is lovely, you go through big wooden gates into the bar area. When we arrived we were greeted warmly by our hosts and that warmth carried on through our stay. Fanny is a lovely hostess, very kind and extremely helpful and made us feel perfectly relaxed and at ease from the first minute.

The place is fairly small, about 10 rooms I think, but the rooms are very well sized and beautfiully decorated in a simple but pleasant villa style. Some of the rooms have had their bathrooms recently updated so my friend had one of those body spray showers in her ensuite. Even in my room the bathroom was well laid out and the entire room itself was clean and very well maintained.

The pool area is lovely, nice views down into the bay and good for catching the sun. Plenty of lounging space around the pool too so no concerns about getting somewhere to lie around and enjoy the surroundings. The pool itself is a decent size, though it has a quite quick drop off in terms of depth, the shallow end not being very big and it getting down to @2.5m deep. A nice pool though and perfect for a cool off dip and an early morning swim.

Bar area was also nice. Drinks are served in the same laid back style with measures designed to help you relax even quicker! Plenty of comfortable seats and the area also doubled as the eating area too. We only had breakfast there but it was plentiful and with good fresh food. A good range of cereals, bread, meats, cheeses and the like were all on offer so on complaints about the quality or value at all.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay here. The place is lovely but it is the hosts that really make it. Both Fanny and her husband could not do enough for us and were so helpful in recommending restaurants, ordering taxis and generally being extremely good hosts. If I get back to Ibiza I would definitely stop there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends