We were the only people staying at the hotel this day, and so were the only people in the restaurant for dinner (apparently this is completely off-season!). Nonetheless, our server was attentive and friendly, making it easy for us to be at ease: enjoying our own private dining room.
Here’s what we had for dinner:
- Montesierra - Tempranillo and Cabernet
- Olives in shallot marinade
- Finely thin pork sausage
- Artichokes in foie sauce: baby artichokes, cooked perfectly so was tender and flavorful. Foie sauce olive-oil base (perhaps) with essence of foie flavor.
- Lettuces with candied squid in mint vinegar: mint in the vinaigrette added a very nice touch. Squid wasn't so much candied; seemed cooked and then placed in a slightly sweet broth. Beans were super fresh, all with the beginning of sprouts. Light and fresh.
- Lamb leg with roasted potatoes - lamb from Broto valley: large piece of meat, nicely roasted with slightly crispy skin. Roasted potatoes with expected flavor, a little expected and boring.
- Entrecôte from Broto valley: nice cut, tender, dense flesh, cooked medium rare, didn't have a good sear but probably because was ordered medium rare. Not very flavorful meat.
- Chocolate tort cake: like a fudge cake.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.