“Revisit of an average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Campus

Hotel Campus
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Collecchio
Preston, United Kingdom
“Revisit of an average hotel”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Stayed in 2007 for business and wasn't overly keen then and returned now and still not overly impressed, its had some remodelling and repainting but the overall view is one of a hotel that needs some serious investment to upgrade the facilities throughout, rooms are ok, but could be better, the basic breakfast provided needs some work on the standard of what is presented for business users. So far I have been downbeat, the one positive I must mention is the front of house reception staff, different people on each day but the level of polite friendliness is exceptional whether it was for Italian or English visitors, communicating easily in both languages, the exterior has had a repaint but again this is now detracting because of seriously flaking paintwork on the upper levels of the wall (see photo of the wall and the presenting view of a 3star hotel). A small gym is provided should you wish.
The room I occupied (101) was a double twin singles bed and was always too warm because the air con provided in the room was not capable, the window could not be fully opened because a curtain rail (poorly installed) was in the way, the room was poorly lit with a mix of eco-bulbs and low wattage filaments which just added to the gloomy impression, the bed I used was on the hard side with only 1 very soft pillow per bed provided, and the worst point of all, it is located directly above reception, so every arrival at whatever time of the day will be heard, be it loud or trying to be quiet,

Room Tip: ask for floor 2 or 3 because the plumbing is quite noisy during the night when utilised
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
europe
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Spent 1 night on our way to Pisa and Florence.The staff was very friendly and helpful,recomended trattoria the next door for dinner-excelent trattoria!Breakfast basic,normal,good coffe from the bar.Rooms large,clean,little bit noisy from the street side.Would come back again.

Room Tip: Large,comfortable
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed June 17, 2010

I travel extensively throughout Europe, staying in hotels for probably 40% of the year. I've stayed in all kinds of properties, from rustic farmhouses to 5 star hotels at €800 a night. I'm not in any way pretentious about where I stay, the important thing for me is the friendliness of the staff and the atmosphere it creates.

My One Hotel Campus is a business style hotel on the outskirts of Parma, it's certainly not a hotel that would appeal to tourists (sharing your breakfast with a load of suited businessmen), however the rooms are big and comfortable and also clean.

The big problem I had was the way that I was treated on checking out by the rude, abnoxious, patronising lady on Reception (I believe her name was Martina) who spoke to me like I was more of an inconvenience to the hotel rather than a paying customer, she went out of her way to be unhelpful, had a very bad tone to her voice and snatched both money and invoice out of my hand without a word of thanks. All of this completely unprovoked as I had barely said a word to her other than "good morning, I'd like to check out please". Because of this treatment I would certainly not go back there and would not recommend it to anybody else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank mattmcfc
primigino, Direttore at Hotel Campus, responded to this review, June 25, 2010
Dear Sir,

I am the Hotel Manager and I do agree with you that the warm and familiar atmosphere created by the hotel staff is the main condition for offering a good service and without it the service offered is very low.
Nowdays a bed, a bathroom and some other facilities can be found in every hotel. Today what makes the difference is the hotel staff. A warming, caring, efficient, hotel staff able to smile at guests at anytime and to make them feel at home.
Believe me, I am very disappointed about your review and i do apologise for myself and the hotel staff.
If you had read other guests's reviews most of them agree about the kindness and efficiency of our staff.
We have focused on the kindness, efficiency and manners of the staff and for this reason your review upset me even more.
I do believe that all this may be a misunderstanding neverthless I apologise for Martina at the reception who caused you this matter and I would be glad if you come to stay with us again in order to let us change your mind about our hotel and our services.

Kind regards,

SIMONE FRATI
Hoorn, The Netherlands
Reviewed June 5, 2009

We were in transit from Milan to a village near Lucca. Because our plane was delayed, we were a bit later than we planned, but fortunately the hotel had 24-hour service. At least, we thought they had. Tired of the journey we arrived there.... Door locked! We first tried to knock gently, later we pressed the bell. After a half hour, a man came sleepy from the back to open the door for us ... So bad.

However the rooms were very nice and clean, spacious bathroom and a spacious bedroom. The beds were good.

Breakfast the next day was not my taste, but I think each person is different.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
2 Thank MarijkeBlom
Rome
Reviewed January 31, 2009

A typical motorway hotel, a little run down and shabby but still charging 100 euros for one night on a weekday in low low season January. The room it must be said was very large, warm and clean and there was even a toothbrush BUT all this was ruined by the stink of stale smoke. We were half an hour late for breakfast and though the food was still laid out and not much for any of the staff to do we were refused. I'm pretty sure they would have had long life milk anyway!
Much much better to go to the Corte di San Michelino if you want a charming, unusual experience (see my review) in the area. However if you are just stopping to sleep on the way to somewhere else you could do worse than Campus.

• Liked — The room was big and clean
  • Disliked — The smell of stale smoke in the room, no wifi
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed August 17, 2008

Stay here often for business. Its a small NO frills hotel in the city of Collechio right outside Parma. Its rather far from Parma but its a nice place if you have Business in the area. The Hotel is very Basic but gives you a good night sleep at an affordable rate. Highky recomended if you are attendind the Fiere di Parma, Very little traffic jams in this direction. A couple of good restaurants within walking distance

• Liked — Convenient
  • Disliked — It's Basic
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank M747
Also consider these accommodations in or near Collecchio
Ilga Hotel
Hotel San Marco & Formula Club
Aquamaris Hotel
Aquamaris Hotel
#1 of 4 in Sala Baganza

Been to Hotel Campus? Share your experiences!