“Romantic and cozy atmosphere with excellent food”

Trattoria Della Vigna
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Porlezza
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lugano, Switzerland
“Romantic and cozy atmosphere with excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

This place is housed on the hill just above Porlezza, has a nice warm atmosphere seating you in two rooms that even when full will not feel crowded. The food is genuine, well prepared and presented, in the right portions. Good wine list.
Avoid the table by the entrance door as smokers come and go making quite a draught.

Baku, Azerbaijan
“You can't go wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I'll make this quick. Superb menu, best in the area. Excellent cooking and very consistent, although not 100%. Lovely setting. Make reservations. Can get overloaded and the service gets stretched a bit.

We have eaten here for years and thoroughly enjoy the food. What la Vigna could use is a bit of personality and warmth. I never get the impression I'm in Italy when I eat here. Still, the food is excellent.

• Visited October 2011
Northampton
“Food sublime, staff wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2012

No doubt about it, this is the best restaurant for miles in this area. We have visited many times and cannot fault the food, service, ambience or the excellent and friendly staff. Cannot wait for our next visit. It's a little way out of Porlezza but worth the effort to find it.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Ast0nfan
London
“Absolutely Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2011

By far the best restaurant in the region. It is tucked away (as all the best restaurants are) in a locality called Begna. It is a family run restaurant and this shows in the dedication to service and food quality: robust local food with a sophisticated twist. Pasta dishes are not to be missed, especially "Spaghetti alla Pedro". We have been coming here for several years and it has been wonderful every single time.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank Worldtraveller075
Lugano, Switzerland
“Good, old-style restaurant hidden in Porlezza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

My mother and I were in Porlezza for some business, when we decided to take a break and eat somewhere. Since we never came around before, we just drove aimlessly for 15 minutes, looking for something that could interest us. After a while, she saw a panel stating Trattoria della Vigna. Well then-we said-let's give it a try. And we did. We followed the signals, which lead us to go up on a road into a very small section of the town which was lovely.
We find the restaurant, and we realize that it was very small, maybe 10 tables. They had a party there, but the owner (a nice, very shy lady) let us stay. The environment is pretty old fashioned, seems like we are eating up on a mountain, which I like. They have a quite small menu, but every day they add an entire new menu as "today's reccomendation". We mostly pick from that menu, and it was great. We started with a shared appetizer made of meat, lake fish and mushrooms. It was delicious. After that, my mother went for meat with mushrooms and cheese and I decided for pasta with bottarga. We both were extremely pleased by our meal. The atmosphere was cheerish, since we had a 25 people group eating right next to us, and they all were happy, which is always good. After, we decided for a dessert, Ive got a cake and my mom a studel. Everything was well done. All the meals took some time to arrive, but they were fresh and clearly made to order, which made us happy. I was driving, so I just drunk water, while my mother got some white wine, from the house, and she said she was happy with it.
In the end, we spent around 60 euros, which isn't a lot but not even cheap. Pretty fair, I would say.
If you find yourself in Porlezza, which is wonderful town right on the Como Lake, make sure you visit this place, I suggest it.

• Visited October 2011