It was a first visit in this area for us, so we did not know exactly to expect. Everybody said that whole Tuscany is a wonderful place, but the accomodation at Lizzy and Lorenzo was much more than just a place to sleep. Both are very welcoming, open hearted and always willing to help. We have planned visits in the cities and places at all over the land, but Lizzy and Lorenzo gave us advices each morning - how to get there, what is best to see, provided maps, etc. We felt like to be with good friends.
I would like to raise two things:
1) Lizzy is an incredible house keeper, everything was clean and perfectly tidy. Also the meal at breakfast is really tasty. Homemade breads, cakes are trully delicious.
2) Lorenzo has a gift and deep knowledge how to take care of all the plants in his garden, olive trees and wineyard. He provided us a tour of all the plants they have, everything has its place there. Great experience for us.
We liked it so much so we decided to postpone our trip down to Elba Island and stay one more night at their place. We recommend this accomodation especially for those, who love calm and quite places with a beautiful nature. Altough we are young couple, we do not seek for night bars, parties - this was the right place for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Casa di Lizzy is in a typical 19th century Tuscan farmhouse with wooden beams and beautiful terracotta cross vaults. Three comfortable bedrooms will welcome you, each one with its own private bathroom. The entrance to the bedrooms on the first floor is independent, so our guests can go out and come in whenever they like. The house is surrounded by olive trees, vineyards and our garden where you will be able to enjoy the peace of the countryside and relax tasting our extra virgin olive oil, wine and jams that we offer to welcome our guests.Breakfast - with fruit juices, cereals, yogurt, homemade bread, cakes and croissants, jams made with our fruit - is served on a big old table under the cross vaults and it is the perfect time to talk with us or the other guests from all over the world, exchanging ideas about the best places to visit, the best restaurants, festivals or Tuscan traditions. We will also take you on a walk to our vineyard and olive-yard, giving you the chance to admire a stunning view over the hills. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your B&B A Casa di Lizzy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.