“Close to airport, clean tidy hotel”
Review of Hotel Ferihegy

Hotel Ferihegy
Ranked #5 of 5 Vecses B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Reasonable priced, clean and good hotel with friendly staff

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
ferihegyhotel, Recepciós at Hotel Ferihegy, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2016

We are glad to hear it and you’re always welcome here!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed April 11, 2012

We spent the Easter of 2011 in Budapest in a different hotel however due to an early Wizzair flight decided to stay at Ferihegy for one night only. The rooms and bathroom were clean and tidy. The shuttle bus was punctual and all in all the place was a lot better than we expected. I wouldn't recommend it if you want to do some serious sightseeing as it's too far away from the main attractions. I have to say that the staff were extremely helpful. We left a few items in our room and everything has been sent to us shortly via post with no extra charges. A big thank you to the manager:-)If we are in Budapest again with a 6 a.m. return flight we'll definitely stay at Ferihegy hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

We are glad because of your satisfaction! I hope we can meet soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We have stayed here before and chose to stay again. It's not a great hotel, but good for the purpose: a relative cheap place to stay near the hotel. We stayed with our family of 4 in a family room. The breakfast is OK, beds are OK, staff is OK, price is OK.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed here once with my family and then once again, later in the trip, the night before I flew out of Budapest. It was OK, the staff was nice, the airport shuttle was on-time. My one issue was with the air conditioning. They advertise it as a feature, but it is actually an extra fee. And the first time I stayed here with my family, I ended up in a single room which didn't even have the option of AC. It was a hot night and I didn't get much sleep. To their credit when I asked about this before my second stay, they gave me a room with AC and I believe they might have charged me less, since it was a double room but I only needed a single. The hotel doesn't have a lot of amenities but it is ok for a quick stay, with the proviso that if AC is important to you, make sure your room has one, and be aware that it costs extra. Wifi was stronger in some areas of the hotel than others, where it faded in and out. Also, you have to walk a bit (or take a cab) to get to a store or restaurant.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I stayed here because I was worried about getting up for a 6am flight and another reviewer mentioned free shuttles to the airport. Neither of these is a good reason. I had to take a cab to the hotel because it is so far outside of the city and the cab driver charged the same as the flat rate to the airport. The shuttles to the airport are only "free" if you have paid an extra 10 Euro for the room to begin with. It costs 6 Euro for the cab to the airport (which is only 2km away, but it's not walkable). So I would recommend that unless you are just connecting in Budapest, you should stay in the city.

As for the hotel itself, the only staff member I dealt with was very nice and professional. He made my wake-up call on time and had the cab waiting to take me to the airport. He also made sure that I had a little breakfast to take with me, since I was leaving before the kitchen opened. So that was all very nice.

The wireless internet worked and was pretty fast.

The room was nothing special. The beds, however, were the hardest that I have EVER slept on. And that's saying a lot...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank NyanaBanana
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My friend and I were traveling standby out of Budapest at the end of July, and when we didn't make it out we decided to stay near the airport instead of paying 5KHUF to go back to the city. This hotel is very much a no frills place. We got a tiny room with two beds, a fan and a bathroom. It also has a mini fridge with beverages. They offer free transportation to and from the airport. Great bargain!!!! They offer free breakfast which was VERY good. Breads, cheeses, cold cuts, coffee, cereal, croissants and fruits. If you want A/C you have to pay an extra 2kHUF for that service otherwise you just get a fan. Make sure you book through a travel site online if you stay here b/c if you book directly with them the price is higher. We saved about 12 Euros booking online. If you stay here at the end of your trip and are tired, the hotel has a message therapist on staff. My friend paid around $30USD for a 1.5 hour body message and she said it was good. I Would recommend this hotel for anyone needing to catch an early flight out of BUD who doesn't want to make the 1/2 hour trip early in the morning. This place is just 5 minutes by car to the airport. Would not recommend staying here if you are going to Budapest to tour around.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vecses
Sarokhaz Panzio
#2 of 5 in Vecses
Hargita Pension
Hargita Pension
#1 of 5 in Vecses

Been to Hotel Ferihegy? Share your experiences!