“Loved aran lodge”

Ranked #1 of 4 Ballylickey B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Loved aran lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2007

We really enjoyed our time in Bantry. This B and B was my favorite because of the hostess. She was kind and helpful. I loved talking to her about Ireland and getting some real insight into life in Bantry. Gread views from windows.

The only thing I would change is the glass in the bathroom door- it was a bit odd. I just hung a towel in front of it since I felt weird about being seen on the---

• Liked — hostess
  • Disliked — mottled glass bathroom doors
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2006

You can't beat this b&b for location. My husband and I have enjoyed several stays at Aran Lodge, summer and winter. I got what I always look for when booking, a room with a view. I enjoyed the enormous breakfast all the more because the dining room also offers wonderful views accross the patio and garden of Bantry Bay. Such a peaceful sheltered haven . I remember having tea on the patio in November and thinking Aran Lodge surely shares in the gulf stream of nearby Garnish Island. What made it even better for us was being able to leave the car at Aran Lodge and walk 3 minutes for a meal or a drink with music and dancing . This tiicked all boxes with me.
L. Dunne

• Stayed August 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2006

The stresses and stains of everyday life were soon soothed away by our fabulous stay at Aran Lodge. Our room was very clean and comfortable and the views of Bantry Bay were fantastic. Diedre's cooking is to be recommended and Joe kept us entertained. We'll definately be going back!

• Stayed June 2006
1 Thank Fairy1ady
Devon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2006

A warm welcome is given at this B&B. Very friendly and informative hosts who do everything to ensure your stay is pleasant. We were here for a folk singing event in a nearby hotel which was full and this B&B opened a week early to accommodate us. Our room was fairly small but this was amply compensated for by the fantastic view over Bantry Bay which was about 200yds from our bedroom window. The B&B is raised up above the road and is very quiet. Breakfast was a grand affair with an excellent choice and the porridge was the best I've tasted. Although we are a mature couple I think this would be an ideal place for families. The hosts have young children of their own and certainly know how to cater for them. I was allowed to do some washinmg and drying whilst there which as we were touring was a great help.Great views from the lounge and dining area across the bay. Will use again.

3 Thank Folksinger
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballylickey
Maritime Hotel
#4 of 5 in Bantry
Doire Liath
Doire Liath
#12 of 26 in Bantry

Been to Aran Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!