“Absolutely fabulous place to stay”
Review of Aran Lodge B&B

and 1 more site!
Aran Lodge B&B
Ranked #1 of 3 Ballylickey B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I stayed at Aran Lodge with friends for several days in May. It was 'home away from home'. Wonderful, friendly atmosphere and outstanding service. Nothing was too much trouble for our hostess, Deirdre. The breakfast menu re the variety offered and the quality was five star. The area is very picturesque and the view of Bantry Bay from Aran Lodge is stunning. We will definitely be back. I would recommend this B&B to all.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 19, 2008

The bar and restaurant is walking distance, like across the street. The ceiling in my room was made of wood. A big shower. Nice room. Comfortable bed. Nice view. Way above average breakfast. Really nice folks. Good price. Quiet. Consider it a jumping off ground to Beara and the Mizzen, and don't miss either.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2008

My wife and I have just returned from a 10 day vacation at Aran Lodge. We both had a great time. There are several reasons we loved Aran Lodge.

The location is excellent for day trips in Co. Cork. The Beara Peninsula has to be seen to be fully appreciated. Aran Lodge is conveniently located for trips to the Beara, as well as Sheeps Head, Mizzen Head, Kinsale and Bantry.

Aran Lodge is sited on a hill with a beatiful sea view. They have large front and back lawns - you can even try your hand with a traditional Irish "hurley"!

The rooms are top notch. The mattresses are especially good for those with "back problems." The breakfast is my favorite - I recommend the "full Irish", which will definately hold you all day long.

The O'Connell Family are wonderful hosts, with extensive knowledge of Irish language, history and culture.

We absolutely recommend Aran Lodge to new, as well as experienced, vistors to Ireland.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Great location, very clean, gracious hosts,great breakfast and great pub across the street. definitely to be recommended.

• Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed October 15, 2007

We had a wonderful stay at this bed and breakfast. Deirdre and Joe were very gracious and friendly. They have a wonderful family size room. They graciously let us check out a little late when one of us wasn't feeling very well and needed a little extra rest. The breakfast was wonderful and had a good variety of things to choose from. Thank you very much for your wonderful hospitality.

The Smith Family

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We really enjoyed our time in Bantry. This B and B was my favorite because of the hostess. She was kind and helpful. I loved talking to her about Ireland and getting some real insight into life in Bantry. Gread views from windows.

The only thing I would change is the glass in the bathroom door- it was a bit odd. I just hung a towel in front of it since I felt weird about being seen on the---

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
london
Reviewed July 17, 2006

You can't beat this b&b for location. My husband and I have enjoyed several stays at Aran Lodge, summer and winter. I got what I always look for when booking, a room with a view. I enjoyed the enormous breakfast all the more because the dining room also offers wonderful views accross the patio and garden of Bantry Bay. Such a peaceful sheltered haven . I remember having tea on the patio in November and thinking Aran Lodge surely shares in the gulf stream of nearby Garnish Island. What made it even better for us was being able to leave the car at Aran Lodge and walk 3 minutes for a meal or a drink with music and dancing . This tiicked all boxes with me.
L. Dunne

• Stayed: August 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballylickey
Westlodge Hotel
Edencrest Bed and Breakfast
Doire Liath
Doire Liath
#10 of 26 in Bantry

Been to Aran Lodge B&B? Share your experiences!