“food no nice”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was in this restaurant, the service friendly, the food that I was given was not good, I ordered a fish was raw recommend it to anyone in my English friends to eat there

2  Thank helen s

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Ouvane Falls is in a lovely location beside the water. We didn't go in for food, and we visited out of season...however I e-mailed in advance and asked whether they would mind showing a particular football match for me while I was in Ballylickey on holiday. They were very accommodating and were expecting me on the day.

The landlord and locals got involved with supporting our local team, they chatted to us and showed an interest.

It was a Tuesday night, which is apparently Dancing lessons night, so we also had the entertainment of watching that. 5 Euros for anyone that wants to get involved!

1  Thank TravellingL85
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went for lunch with kids expecting the same high standards as our visits in 2012 however came away disappointed.We ordered soup,chowder and toasted sandwiches and tea from a friendly,courteous waitress.Soup was hot but salty,chowder was extremely salty...inedible in fact both arrived with no bread on side.Toasted sandwiches were ordinary,no garnish.Tea was served in leaky teapot,chowder bowl was chipped and glassware worn and marked, as was cutlery.
Paid bill,but would not pay for chowder.Explained dissatisfaction to waitress who said she would pass on comments to chef. Left dissapointed and deflated a place to mark off our list for future visits......

3  Thank john g
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Set midway between Bantry and Glengariff, Ouvane Falls is a pleasant place to stop and eat great Irish meals.

6  Thank Sara R
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Food was good with good value for money set in a beutiful location. just a bit run down looking but a bit of decorating would fix that

3  Thank 126molly