“Smashing hotel - don't hesitate if you are flying from Dublin Airport”

Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
Reviewed January 19, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay - rooms were exceptional, check-in was speedy and efficient. I would always plan to stay here when traveling from Dublin - the journey is very straightforward - don't let other reviews spook you! Everything a professional, friendly modern hotel should be.

Room Tip: Executive room on 5th floor was huge, well appointed and very quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your review - it is wonderful to read your feedback in respect of our great service, location and hotel facilities. The team will be delighted to see that their efforts are appreciated. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Great hotel for a weekend break. Have previously stayed both on business and as couple. Very nice, clean modern rooms with relaxing bar. Good location close to Blanchardstown shopping centre which we spent a day at after receiving a 50 Euro Voucher a part of our weekend package. Only had snacks in the bar (cone of chips was lovely with a pint).
If staying would highly recommend the Chinese restaurant across the road in the square.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review which is a pleasure to read. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Carlton and look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed at the Carlton Hotel,Blanchardstown for two nights in January 2014.We had Grab One vouchers and decided to use them on a post-Christmas break to Dublin to do some sales shopping.The hotel is conveniently located just off the M50 motorway and very near the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and the Ikea store.Spacious room,large ensuite bathroom,extensive breakfast buffet.Free WiFi but you have to sign up to BitBuzz to use it.We enjoyed our stay and will be back!

Room Tip: Because of it's location,all rooms would be quiet.
1  Thank 212095Maura_C

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for your review and feedback. I am pleased that you had a positive experience and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I recently stayed at the Carlton Blanchardstown for one night. When I got to my room I noticed it was quite cold, and when I tried to increase the temperature I found the air conditioning system wasn't working. This was something I could live with, as I wasn't planning to spend much time in the room anyway. However, when I tried to use the shower, I discovered there was no hot water. When I dialled for assistance someone from maintenance did come to the room reasonably quickly, and did bring a portable heater. Having tried in vain to fix the shower, he told me he'd inform reception. About twenty minutes later I went down to reception myself, and having politely enquired as to the state of play, was told by a receptionist that there being no hot water was an issue affecting the entire hotel, and was assured that there was absolutely nothing she could do about it. That might have been the case, but this level of service is not acceptable from a hotel marketing itself as four-star. Suffices to say I won't be back.

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the hotel which I am naturally disappointed to read. On reflection I feel that your experience is not indicative of the normal levels of service and product at the hotel which is most definitely deserving of it's 4 star rating as can be seen from the large amount of positive reviews on this forum. There were some technical elements that you highlighted that my team worked tirelessly on to rectify while you were with us, rest assured every effort was made to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

De Carlton Hotel in Blanchardstown has excellent rooms. The sliding armature for your suitcases is one of the things you can see that this Hotel comes from an era where they knew how to build ones. I was flabbergasted by the service of an Indian women at the reception desk. Though all capable this women, her badge said Minni Aprova or something really stood out. Seldom have seen such a passionate and customer minded emplyee in the hospitality industry. A gem and someone I will rememeber for a long time after chacking out. People are always the ones who make a difference!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My husband , 2 kids and I stayed here in November as my husband had an appointment in Santry Sports Clinic. I had Grabone vouchers so we decided to combine all for a pre-Christmas trip to Dublin!! From the moment we arrived, until the moment we left, our stay in The Carlton was exceptional. Because we had vouchers and weren't paying full price, I really expected the service to be lessened!! I couldn't have been more wrong. Not enough time or space here to tell all but suffice to say, we were looked after by dedicated, pleasant staff that couldn't do enough for us. We will definitely stay here again. Many thanks to all for making our family break so much fun!!

• Stayed: November 2013

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Booked as a surprise birthday treat, directions were excellent, great location to the airport, was parked in 15 minutes, on arrival we got upgraded. Grace was so helpfull and pleasant. Room was lovely and spacious, loved having slippers and bathrobe. The only negative was the bed was a bit hard and that we couldnt stay longer!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Declan Curtis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrrelstown
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
4 mi away
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa
Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!