“Great Value”

Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
“Great Value”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Booked this hotel through the carlton site for the unbelievabe rate of €27pn. The hotel is located in what feels like the countryside on the edge of Tyrellstown- you definitely need a car when staying here. But presuming you have one then its only 3- 4 minutes from Blanchardstoown shopping centre and the M50. The hotel is modern and my room was bright and spacious with nice furniture and features. It did look like it needed a paint touchup in places and maybe a carpet shampoo but generally it was a pleasant place to be. The bar is very nice and the food was of a high standard both in the evening and for breakfast. The staff were, without exception, friendly, efficient and helpful and are to be commended on their professionalism. Would definitely stay again if visiting Dublin for leisure or the airport.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and felt you got value for money. I would like to thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Declan Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights in April on business trip, great room which was spacious and had most mod cons. Was surprised for the standard of the room that there was no bottled water or bath robes as complimentary. Was quiet so got a great sleep. Breakfast was excellent, had dinner in the bar which was average. Menu was limited and bar was extremely noisy. Overall would recommend but a car is a necessity as located off the main road and away from town centre.

Room Tip: Back of hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit. I would like to thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us and I hope to welcome you back soon.

Enfield, Ireland
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I had submitteda a review based on an experience in this hotel which genuinely appeared to be a one off.

Our complaint had been that there was a party in the room next to ours and we didnt get much sleep however; I returned to this hotel on Friday and I was surprised.

Room 205 was huge. Lots of space, very comfortable room and fab bathroom. Just wondering why there was a lounge area with a couch and tv stand with no tv?

Have no complaints about this room at all, slept it out for breakfast, woke up at 11.55 (black out curtains are great) - felt very rested leaving on this occasion.

It is slightly out of Blanch but we drove to Blanch for bowling and its really only 5 mins so no big deal, also there were roadworks going on outside but didnt hear a thing.

Check in very handy, receptionist (male) was very nice. Had a drink in the bar which had a few bodies in it this particular night.

We loved the room and would be very interested in booking the same room again soon especially if you have plans for the following day and are planning on just relaxing for the evening... I would recommend for some R&R.

Room Tip: 205 is a very large smoking room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Dungarvan, Ireland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here with my daughter on Sarurday night on a bed and breakfast basis. Quick pleasant checkin. Fab room, large double wardrobe with safe, tea and coffee making facilities,bathroom had both bath and shower. We ate in the bar, good choice on the menu, pleasant helpful waitress. Breakfast was served in the dining room, and when i asked for an omlette the waitress went to check with chef and came back to say it was no problem. All in all a great stay in a very reasonably priced hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Terrianne_10

Reviewed April 22, 2013

When checking in I asked for a quiet room and the receptionist, Grace, immediately changed the allocated room from next to the lift to one at the end of the corridor. The room was lovely and bright, the bed was very comfy. The bathroom had a separated walk-in shower and bath, perfect.
The breakfast was nice, too. The only negative I could find was that the restaurant would have needed some cleaning, chicken bone under the next table, crumbs on the chairs. But that really was only minor. It's not a city centre hotel but then there is plenty of complimentary parking, it's so quiet that you can leave the window open during the night, and there is a bus stop outside the door. All in all, I really enjoyed staying in this hotel and thought it was great value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here on last sat night with a group of 10 other women as part of a hen weekend. We had 5 rooms and had booked a DBB package. The rooms were fine, a little shabby for a 4 star, def need updating, the bathrooms were nice and large with a seperate shower(lovely shower) and was clean.Nice flatscreen tv on the wall but this was the only modern aspect to the room. At 7.45 we were told we had to be in the restaurant in the next 5 mins as there was another group coming in as well. So we were seated at our table at 7.50, no one came to take our order till 8.40,For a 4 star hotel there was no tablecloths on the tables all the cutlery was mismatched, it just did not look like a 4 star hotel restaurant.
Our starters were ok but I think everone was so hungry by the time we got them we would have eaten anything. It took ages for the staff to clear our plates, they kept disappearing,They would only take 1 or 2 plates and not come back for the rest. The service was the worst I had ever come across, most of our party work or have worked in hotels so we know what service should be like.We later found out the was also a ball on in the hotel that night but they should have brought on more staff when they knew they were busy. The food for our maincourses was very disappointing, don't order the pasta unless you like VERY HOT AND SPICY food. A few of our party had to send it back as it was too hot to eat, then had to wait another 30 mins for their food. The crispy duck was soggy and NOT crispy , the steaks had to be covered in sauce to be eaten, the best thing on the menu was the chicken but it was very garlicy.The potatoes and veg had no flavour and was soggy and served in what looked like soup bowls so it was hard to get them out, I think it was the same food that the ball were getting, we def got their dessert as it was 3 little bits on a plate , not very nice at all, we were not allowed order dessert off the menu, not given any choice at all. We eventually left the restaurant at 10.45 and were so fed up of the hotel at that stage we got taxis to a local pub instead of staying in the hotel bar. Now the receptionist was not very helpful , she really did not want to call us taxis at all. Another gentlman that came on to to the reception was much more helpful and called a different taxi for us when one failed to return to collect the last of the party.
Breakfast was a vast improvement and we all enjoyed it, plenty of choice and they kept refilling so things did not run out. Good selection of cereals, fruit, bread, hot buffet and juices, your typical full irish. We all enjoed it as we were still hungry from the night before.
On checkout we felt we had to say something about the previous night dinner they were very nice about it so makes me think it was not the first complaint they had received. A lovely girl(sorry did not get her name)was very apologetic and spoke to the duty manager for us and they refuned us the cost of the dinner. So thank you Carlton Blanchardstown for acknowledging our complaint and dealing with it promptly and to our satisfaction. Will we ever be back...I don't think so.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Elliewoman
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very detailed feedback in relation to this clearly isolated experience, I was disappointed to learn that your stay with us was not an entirely positive one. May I refer you to my earlier correspondence in relation to your feedback I await your response

Wexford, Ireland
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I must say i had a very pleasant stay at this hotel having had a complaint about the length of time we were waiting on our food, the manager on the night couldn't be more attentive to my grievance! We were on a time schedule as we were going to the Pink concert at the O2, all ended well though, the same manager was on when we arrived and gave us a drink on the house which was much appreciated. The room was excellent too, big and spacious and had a lovely bathroom with separate shower. The best part was that there was four of us, 2 adults and 2 teenagers,they obliged us by putting 2 fold up beds in the room for the 2 younger ones. We were on the 4th floor so all was quiet during the night. The breakfast was also excellent, everything cooked to perfection and a great selection to choose from. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and i for one will be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed you stay and that the team extended genuine hospitality & were in a position to rectify the issue when it occurred. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Declan Curtis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrrelstown
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Travelodge Phoenix Park
#2 of 3 in Castleknock
Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!