“Excellent!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
Nelspruit
“Excellent!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Only had one problem and that was to actually make the booking took days and eventually contacting central reservations. Had a lovely stay, rooms are clean,spacious and staff extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Stayed in rooms 322 and 324 and we had no problem with noise except the usual individuals that do no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lizette V
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Yours Sincerely

Declan Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Everything about the place is of a good standard, however, this particular room is affected by noise from the stairwell, the lifts and the ice machine.

I could hear my neighbours every now and then and the heating wasn't working. Annoying during the cold spell we were having at the time.

Room Tip: 310 was beside the stairs, lifts and ice machine.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay I thank you for the positive feedback in relation to service and staff. I am sorry to see that not all aspects of the hotel were to your satisfaction this is indeed the first indication of any such issues with room 310. We value all feedback as a great means to continuously improve our very high standards of service.

Kind Regards,
Doune, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2013

lovely hotel, rooms perfect, meals very slow but food was good,staff not the pleasantist,fire alarm went off 6.00am very bad fire communication on wall in photo frame in very small writing had toput on wardrope light to read it, not on back of door in big writing easy to read,left hotel met in front of hotel no members of staff came to tell us anything,some residents said staff told them it was fire in kitchen just go back to rooms,no fire engine to check smoke up 2stories,hotel 5 high and many families in it /wasnt happy with fire arrangements

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Wilma,

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown I have passed them on to the team. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Donaghcloney
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on business. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Reception and bar staff friendly and helpful, however, I found the staff on duty at breakfast were miserable and the service extremely slow. Had lunch and dinner at the hotel, quality and quantity of the food was good, excellent value. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, but I might give breakfast a miss.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Linda,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and would consider returning. I have noted your feedback in relation to breakfast & I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed there at the week end ,we found staff were very friendly especially the manager Mr Curtis was very helpful will stay again for sure.there are a lot of hotels in the area but this is the best value and is a fine establishment

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Seany,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in January 2013 car park empty hotel had very few guests. Room dirty including carpet and bathroom also bedding ripped. Had to complain about room next door noise coming from it was totally unexceptable. What was odd was the room next door was open earlier in the evening with no occupants. Rather odd as hotel was so empty. When I called to complain was advised by reception they would deal with or move us. Why they would move us as we had settled in for the night I don't know? Anyway noise stopped for a few hours but started up again later, as it was so late I didn't feel I could complain as couldn't face being moved at that hour. I had stayed here in November and had a much better room so was very disappointed. Breakfast was cold, the toaster caught alight ongoing problem according to staff. Overall very disappointing.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lucky415
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am sorry to see that not all aspects of the hotel were to your satisfaction in this isolated case. We value all feedback as a great means to continuously improve our very high standards of service.

Kind Regards,

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here twice and each room had a separate shower and bathtub, which is nice for those who don't like climbing into the deep baths. Both rooms had fluffy robes and slippers for use as well. Although the bathroom accessories were plentiful, there was no conditioner, so bring your own. The bathroom lighting wasn't the best - especially for women.

A handy feature was outlets for US and European electronics so you don't need to carry a bulky adapter (note these are not converters, merely adapters to deal with plug differences - make sure your electronics can handle 110 and 220 v - most if not all laptop cords can).

The wireless is free but you have to create an account, which is fine if you're a frequent guest, but a hassle if you're just staying the night.

Nice breakfast buffet with the option of cooked to order eggs if you don't like scrambled. The food at the restaurant/bar is pretty good as well.

There is a shuttle to local business parks (really a taxi service), and you need to register the night before or risk not getting a ride or having to arrange your own transportation in the morning. Having said that, even if you do register your seat may be taken by an unregistered guest if you are standing in line to check out at the time the taxi is departing (which happened to me). There is a Dublin Bus stand right outside the hotel which will take you into Dublin City Centre or Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are larger and have more amenities.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Celtic Wandering,

Declan Curtis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrrelstown
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Travelodge Phoenix Park
#2 of 3 in Castleknock
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Premier Inn Dublin Airport Hotel

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!