“Great place to stay”

Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We stayed there at the week end ,we found staff were very friendly especially the manager Mr Curtis was very helpful will stay again for sure.there are a lot of hotels in the area but this is the best value and is a fine establishment

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Seany,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back in the near future do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Declan Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Western Ireland, Ireland
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in January 2013 car park empty hotel had very few guests. Room dirty including carpet and bathroom also bedding ripped. Had to complain about room next door noise coming from it was totally unexceptable. What was odd was the room next door was open earlier in the evening with no occupants. Rather odd as hotel was so empty. When I called to complain was advised by reception they would deal with or move us. Why they would move us as we had settled in for the night I don't know? Anyway noise stopped for a few hours but started up again later, as it was so late I didn't feel I could complain as couldn't face being moved at that hour. I had stayed here in November and had a much better room so was very disappointed. Breakfast was cold, the toaster caught alight ongoing problem according to staff. Overall very disappointing.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lucky415
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay. I am sorry to see that not all aspects of the hotel were to your satisfaction in this isolated case. We value all feedback as a great means to continuously improve our very high standards of service.

Kind Regards,

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed here twice and each room had a separate shower and bathtub, which is nice for those who don't like climbing into the deep baths. Both rooms had fluffy robes and slippers for use as well. Although the bathroom accessories were plentiful, there was no conditioner, so bring your own. The bathroom lighting wasn't the best - especially for women.

A handy feature was outlets for US and European electronics so you don't need to carry a bulky adapter (note these are not converters, merely adapters to deal with plug differences - make sure your electronics can handle 110 and 220 v - most if not all laptop cords can).

The wireless is free but you have to create an account, which is fine if you're a frequent guest, but a hassle if you're just staying the night.

Nice breakfast buffet with the option of cooked to order eggs if you don't like scrambled. The food at the restaurant/bar is pretty good as well.

There is a shuttle to local business parks (really a taxi service), and you need to register the night before or risk not getting a ride or having to arrange your own transportation in the morning. Having said that, even if you do register your seat may be taken by an unregistered guest if you are standing in line to check out at the time the taxi is departing (which happened to me). There is a Dublin Bus stand right outside the hotel which will take you into Dublin City Centre or Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are larger and have more amenities.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Celtic Wandering,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 15, 2013

the hotel was lovely. the food was lovely. everything was fine except for the check in. 2 check in staff on. 1 nice and efficient and one unhelpful and held us up at the desk because she didn't recognise the booking agent. The other check in girl did and she got through most of the que on her own. That was the only hitch. everything else was 5 star. I would definitely reccoment this hotel 100% per cent to anyone.The breakfast and dinner was lovely and served with a smile

Room Tip: theres no pool.I don't think theres a spa either.The aquapark is near by.
Dear Mags,

dublin
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here valentine's weekend as part of work and pleasure. It's a nice place but needs updating.
Rooms had a
of quite visible cracks on roof.
I was on top floor and there was there was an awful noise of the steel barriers with the wind. At first I did not know what the noise was but investigated this.

No plug points beside beds which is important for any business traveller. The plugs where at opposite end of room.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Jim,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that overall you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your room. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Co Wexford
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one Saturday night. We had an executive room which was excellent. The bathroom was of a very high standard but only one bathrobe & slippers for two of us. We ate in the restaurant and had an excellent meal, which was well presented. The breakfast next morning was also very good with a wide selection. We found the staff friendly and helpful. We didn't want to go out on the Sturday night we just wanted to relax at the hotel so I don't know if there is anywhere local to go to from the hotel! There was a rugby party on the same night and the partygoers were noisy in the early hours going to their rooms, not the hotels fault but would have been a good idea to put us on a different floor so we would have less chance of being affected by them!

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed two nights at this hotel as had to attend a hastily organised funeral in Blanchardstown.
A bit out of the way and currently lots of road works - you need satnav to find it.
Fairly modern hotel, rooms are of a good size and well equipped but walls are paper thin!
Breakfast is okay but nothing to write home about - fairly standard fare as you would expect.
First night was fine BUT second night there was a really raucous Hen Party group accommodated on our floor - from 2.30 am - close to 5 am most of the party participants seemed to gather in the room next to ours. Lost of residents on the floor complained, the hotel staff did intervene on mumerous but it made no difference. We complained at 3 am and then at breakfast and then on departure - the best the hotel could do was offer us a complimentary breakfast. We did accept but this wasn't the point - surely 20+ people partying in one room required sterner action from the hotel - which wasn't forthcoming. Would not recommend.
When I stay in Dublin next time, I will choose the city centre.

Room Tip: avoid if you require sleep
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paulbraddo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I would like to apologize for the disturbance caused as you are aware every effort was made to control the actions of these isolated few . I am delighted that you have enjoyed the other elements of your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Declan Curtis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrrelstown
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,398 reviews

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!