“Hotel great pity about the restaurant” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown

Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
Bangor
“Hotel great pity about the restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel before with friends and came back with the same friends to chill out after the Christmas rush . The staff at reception are excellent . What a pity I can't say the same about the second chef and the duty manager who was dealing with the horrendous meal we had with our friends in the restaurant .. The meal for all of us was horrendous, reheated beyond belief. We complained to the server who went to see the duty manager ,who never left his office to deal with the situation.A bottle of wine was given to compensate..,What is the point if you have no food to have a glass of wine with And not a restaurant close by to go and get a meal .
Never say never ..I think the 4 of us wouldn't, chance staying at this hotel again

Room Tip: Ask if you can get and upgrade
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointed to read your review as I have previously corresponded in relation to this isolated incident with your party. I notice the delay in the posting of the review as well which again is a little disappointing as this issue was addressed so long ago. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on dcurtis@carlton.ie should you wish to discuss your stay again any further.

Declan Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel twice now as we have friends who live nearby. The last time we stayed we literally just slept here but this time we ate in the bar - which had FAB food, the burger was a literal tower but was delicious. The staff were lovely and the rooms were very comfortable, bathrooms are lovely! The shower was so relaxing. Would recommend this hotel as they are in a great location, we visited dundrum, liffey valley and ikea from here. Would recommend highly.

Room Tip: Both times the rooms we had were quiet and very comfortable and I'm guessing they are all as goo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Kind Regards,
Cork
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were there valentines night and had a lovely night. The only thing I didn't like is we were given a room on 2nd floor which is a smoking room floor we weren't told this when we booked the lovely room smelt awful of smoke. The food was lovely would stay here again but would definitely make sure not to get a smoking room.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed 2 nights here last week part of a deal the hotel had with trip to tayto park included ,very good value for money, staff were friendly , check in was quick even thought the hotel was busy, we were given a lovely room big enough for all four of us,
Hotel,is a little isolated but within driving distance of shopping centre and the national aquatic centre,
Breakfast was really good and had plenty of choice even for kids. we had dinner in the bar on our first night which was very busy but the meal was lovely, we ate in the restaurant the following night which again w very very good,
Can't fault the place at all pity it's isolated but worth a visit

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Have just spent 2 days at The Carlton and loved it ! The hotel is not easy to find its not in Blanchardstown it is close to a small village called Tyrellstown and a little remote but once we got there we had a great time. The place was busy but we were checked in and got a nice room on the 3 rd floor with an extra bed for our daughter which was a camp bed but was grand for us. We ate in the bar on Friday and got colours and menus straight away again busy but we were in an out in an hour. We had a great breakfast both mornings and off out for the day you have to drive to get anywhere but the shopping centre is close once you negotiate the route. Dinner on Sat was great again we felt very welcomed and we saw kids dining as part of their club so off she went and we had a quiet evening to ourselves. Loved the food and the manager was a real star very nice and was all about everyone. I am really looking forward to going back.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor were great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Myself and my partner booked into the Carlton on 15/2/13 as a treat seen as it was Valentines weekend. I have stayed in the Carlton Blanchardstown and countless hotels around Ireland and Europe, rating from 2 to 5 star. This by far was the most disappointing hotel I have EVER stayed in. We paid €140 for a double room
with dinner and breakfast. Check in was okay, the receptionist was borderline friendly. Not very welcoming. We stayed on the 5th floor. On entry to the room it smelled damp, there was stains all over the carpet, there was a random square of carpet in the room that didnt match and looked like it was hiding something. Holes in the walls, a huge crack in the window, stains in the duvet cover. We were after a busy week and we wanted to just relax and enjoy our night, so we let it slide, rather than cause hassle for ourselves. We went to the "4 star" restaurant for dinner at 830pm. The booth we were given had chewing gum mashed into the seats and crumbs everywhere. We waited 50 minutes (no exaggeration) for a starter, Caesar salad and bruschetta which was very lack lustre, even the waitresses were noticing we hadnt been served yet! The restaurant wasnt even busy, there was about 4/5 other tables occupied. Main course was enjoyed. We ordered drinks and after 20 mins had to call a waitress over to ask for our drinks again. For dessert we had pavlova, which wasnt proper pavlova, and apple pie with ice cream that came with no ice cream until I asked for it. It said honeycomb ice cream on the menu but it was vanilla ice cream with a squirt of honey on top and completely melted! I dont know what the restaurant staff are at, but it definitely needs a major overhaul. At 830am somebody just let themselves into our room and woke us up! Breakfast was okay, service was very very average. You almost feel like your asking staff to go out of their way for you. I cant understand how this hotel has such good reviews. It was just very dirty and a bit "all over the place". Very very disappointing, as the Carlton Blanchardstown was perfectly fine. I will never ever step into this hotel again, and I definitely think the 4 stars need reviewing.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review of our Hotel.

I am quite shocked & disappointed with your comments. I have reviewed our feedback diaries to ascertain who you would have highlighted your concerns with and to my surprise I have no record of any of the issues you mentioned.
We value all constructive feedback as a great means to continuously improve our very high standards of service and welcome any opportunity to action any areas that can benefit our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to discuss the detail of your stay.

Yours Sincerely,

Wexford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stayed for one night here as it was very close to blanchardstown shopping centre. It's about 5 mins in car but bus stops outside the hotels entrance. Very friendly staff. Room was huge and I have stayed in several hotels before but this was the biggest family room I've had. 2 adults and 2 children. 2 televisions.we ate in the bar which was gorgeous too. I can't fault this hotel and Ill be returning very soon. Breakfast was lovely and plenty of variety too. Best coffee I've had. Well worth a stay.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank neverlandsue

Declan Curtis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrrelstown
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
#1 of 3 in Ashbourne
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,357 reviews
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!