“Excellent Location, wonderful staff and value for money”

Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
Galway
“Excellent Location, wonderful staff and value for money”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Had a family get together before the Christmas so we stayed at this wonderful hotel in Tyrrelstown, Blanchardstown. It's conveniently located close to the M50, M2 and M3 motorways making it easy to find from all major routes. Just outside the door is the 40d bus which will take you into the center of Dublin for €2.60 one way. It also offers complimentary car park, gym access and WiFi connectivity.
It is also within a short distance of the Blanchardstown, Ballycoolin and in close proximity to the National Aquatic Centre, Tayto Park, Blanchardstown Shopping Centre and Fairyhouse Racecourse.
The stylish rooms are beautifully decorated and are very spacious and comfortable with
Air conditioning, Tea/Coffee making facilities,Wall mounted plasma screen TV with multi-channels, 24 hour room service, Complimentary Wi-Fi, Safe, proper Hair Dryer, Iron & Ironing Board and a drinks cooler.
The staff were friendly and very helpful and the bar food was delicious. What more could you ask for. I will definitely return to this lovely hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank M-P7
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. Keep an eye on our website for the best possible value on upcoming deals & promotions, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Declan Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
Donegal
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My husband and myself and our two children stayed in this hotel in October for one night. When we checked in we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. We were booked into a fabulous big room which allowed us to put the baby cot in the dressing room thus giving us and the older child a chance to watch some tv once the baby went to sleep. Breakfast was lovely, we could not fault it - there was a great selection and it was very tasty. After breakfast we were on our way to the Tayto Park so we asked the hotel if the kitchen could make up a picnic for us, which they did no problem and it was at a very reasonable price. We will definitely stay here again and would have no problem recommending it to family and friends.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Maldon, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions on business and have always found the staff to be so welcoming and attentive, the rooms perfectly clean, checkin and check out no hassle which you can get in other hotels. I stayed in a Junior Suite which has both a bath and seperate shower, large TV with loads of channels and the beds so comfy. The hotel is only a 15 minute drive from the airport. The one and only downside was that there was no full restaurant evening menu, only a bar menu with limited choices which you can get bored with if staying for more than one night. Therefore I now choose to walk 5 mins to Tyrrelstown for more choice.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is beautifull quite amazing warm cosy and good customer service Breakfast was disappointing no bread rolls only toast and the bacon and scrambled egg were cold It's a bit out of the way but worth the drive they have great offers

• Stayed December 2012

Tramore, Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed November 30, 2012

the carlton blanchardstown did it again absolutely brillant i went this time with my mam and a friend who both have never stayed there ,and they were so impressed by every aspect of their stay .my mams friend worked for years in the hotel industry and she couldnt have praised it more especially how they all went out of their way to help especially lorraine and declan they would make me go back to hotel over and over again.i would reccomend anyone to go visit this hotel , the staff are so pleasant and nice theres always a real lovely atmosphere around the place . the food is beautiful in both the restaurant or the bar ,my hubbie was completely won over by the breakfast he will go back for just that !!! they also do great offers and deals during the year to suit everyone - families ,friends or a couple. well we are there again on the 15 th for another great nite in the carlton!! hope this review helps .i cant stress enough how much we appreciated the kindness and helpfullness from declan and lorraine the both are amazing maria c

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
DeclanCurtis_GM, Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, December 31, 2012

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here in september with my boyfriend for 3 nights, and i cant fault the place at all.. rooms where lovely and so clean and the food was beautiful. was easy to get too and we dont know our way to dublin and we found it without having many directions. it is abit out from dublin but there are buses that go all the time from the hotel and they are cheap. definetly reccomend a stay here and i will be back. thanks for a lovely wee break away :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clare, Ireland
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner for two nights for what was supposed to be a treat for us but I have to say it was one of my worst hotel experiences to date.
After a number of emails over and back with the hotel, I booked the superior suite for two nights (best suite available). On arrival the receptionist was very polite and checked us in to our room (103). This was a long way off what we expected. We did have a separate (very small) room but it was separated from the bedroom by a fairly pointless partition and although there was a second tv I really didn't see the point. The tv in the bedroom was so close you wouldn't have been able to have the two on at the same time and the couch wasn't really comfortable enough to bother sitting in there! It was not what we had booked. I went to reception to be told it was a junior suite and that was what we had booked. I had to go back to the room to get email proof before I could convince the receptionist it was, in fact, not what we had booked. The superior suites were all booked out for our stay and all we were offered was a discount on our supplement (we were using a voucher for our stay). This was by far the most disappointing aspect of the trip. I had booked the room a couple of weeks in advance and had made it very clear in email correspondence what I wanted.
We had dinner in the hotel the first night and I have never seen a dirtier restaurant in a four star hotel (it was the same for breakfast the following morning). The restaurant was quiet and although there was a clean booth free we were seated at a table with quite an amount of breadcrumbs on the floor underneath. The food was nice but service wasn't great.
That night I had a terribly nights sleep due to the fact the the two mattresses making up the super king size bed had about an inch (at least, no exaggeration) in height difference. It was extremely uncomfortable. I brought this to the attention of the receptionist in the morning who agreed to have it looked at.
The breakfast was not a good experience either. Cereals options were good and there was fruit available and a proper toaster. The slices of cheese however looked like they had been out for days as they were dried out and curling up at the edges. The rashers were under cooked and very fatty. The looked awful. When my partner asked for a coffee, he was directed to a pump action coffee pot. I have never seen this in any restaurant of any star before. He jokingly asked if this was really the same thing and was told "yes, it is" and the waitress walked away. Not acceptable.
We left the hotel for the day and on returning that evening at about 8.30pm found the bed had still not been looked at. I went to reception again and the receptionist claimed that nobody had told her about it. Surely that's not the point! At 10.35pm, someone eventually came up and put extra sheets or towels under the lower mattress to bring its height up. That worked fine. The room also did not appear to have been cleaned properly. One of our used glasses was not cleaned or replaced, magazines I had left on the floor (I didn't mean to leave them there, I would normally tidy them away myself) had not been replaced and an empty bottle on the counter was left there.
Breakfast service the second morning was better, my partner was actually offered a coffee (!), but the food standard was the same. Disappointing. I would be fairly sure the same curly cheese was put out. If I was at home, I would have binned cheese looking like that!
On check out we were not charged a room supplement, I presumed this was because of the issues we had so I said nothing. I got a phonecall later that day to explain I should have paid the supplement and allowed the hotel use the card I had given at check in. When I checked my bank account, the original supplement was charged (not the reduced amount agreed after the room change). I emailed the hotel to request I be refunded the difference and also detailed a few of the issues I had. After two days I emailed again for an update as I had heard nothing. The following afternoon I got a phonecall to tell me my card had been refunded. That was it though, no apology and no reply to my email.
I genuinely do not like complaining about hotels but I have stayed in the Carlton in Limerick and the service was much better. This hotel is much more modern looking but I would never stay there again. I do think we may have been unlucky as I heard others in the hotel speak about they lovely time they had (and a lot of the reviews here are very good) but everything we did had problems attached. I waited for a few days to hear from the hotel before I wrote this review so I could see how they dealt with my complaints but as they never apologised or acknowledged my issues, I felt I could put it all in my review. There were other minor issues that I wouldn't even bother writing about but suffice it to say I will never stay here again and would not recommend it to others. The location is not great for Dublin city or Blanch (there are closer hotels at a similar price) so I expected the hotel to try and make up for that, but no, they did the opposite, they encouraged me never to go back.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank IrelandLaura
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrrelstown
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Travelodge Phoenix Park
Travelodge Phoenix Park
#2 of 3 in Castleknock
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!