“Beautifull hotel breakfast very disappointed but good customer service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown

Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
“Beautifull hotel breakfast very disappointed but good customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is beautifull quite amazing warm cosy and good customer service Breakfast was disappointing no bread rolls only toast and the bacon and scrambled egg were cold It's a bit out of the way but worth the drive they have great offers

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. Keep an eye on our website for the best possible value on upcoming deals & promotions, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours Sincerely

Declan Curtis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Polish first
Tramore, Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

the carlton blanchardstown did it again absolutely brillant i went this time with my mam and a friend who both have never stayed there ,and they were so impressed by every aspect of their stay .my mams friend worked for years in the hotel industry and she couldnt have praised it more especially how they all went out of their way to help especially lorraine and declan they would make me go back to hotel over and over again.i would reccomend anyone to go visit this hotel , the staff are so pleasant and nice theres always a real lovely atmosphere around the place . the food is beautiful in both the restaurant or the bar ,my hubbie was completely won over by the breakfast he will go back for just that !!! they also do great offers and deals during the year to suit everyone - families ,friends or a couple. well we are there again on the 15 th for another great nite in the carlton!! hope this review helps .i cant stress enough how much we appreciated the kindness and helpfullness from declan and lorraine the both are amazing maria c

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DeclanCurtis_GM, Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, December 31, 2012

Yours Sincerely

Enniskillen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Stayed here in september with my boyfriend for 3 nights, and i cant fault the place at all.. rooms where lovely and so clean and the food was beautiful. was easy to get too and we dont know our way to dublin and we found it without having many directions. it is abit out from dublin but there are buses that go all the time from the hotel and they are cheap. definetly reccomend a stay here and i will be back. thanks for a lovely wee break away :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clare, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here with my partner for two nights for what was supposed to be a treat for us but I have to say it was one of my worst hotel experiences to date.
After a number of emails over and back with the hotel, I booked the superior suite for two nights (best suite available). On arrival the receptionist was very polite and checked us in to our room (103). This was a long way off what we expected. We did have a separate (very small) room but it was separated from the bedroom by a fairly pointless partition and although there was a second tv I really didn't see the point. The tv in the bedroom was so close you wouldn't have been able to have the two on at the same time and the couch wasn't really comfortable enough to bother sitting in there! It was not what we had booked. I went to reception to be told it was a junior suite and that was what we had booked. I had to go back to the room to get email proof before I could convince the receptionist it was, in fact, not what we had booked. The superior suites were all booked out for our stay and all we were offered was a discount on our supplement (we were using a voucher for our stay). This was by far the most disappointing aspect of the trip. I had booked the room a couple of weeks in advance and had made it very clear in email correspondence what I wanted.
We had dinner in the hotel the first night and I have never seen a dirtier restaurant in a four star hotel (it was the same for breakfast the following morning). The restaurant was quiet and although there was a clean booth free we were seated at a table with quite an amount of breadcrumbs on the floor underneath. The food was nice but service wasn't great.
That night I had a terribly nights sleep due to the fact the the two mattresses making up the super king size bed had about an inch (at least, no exaggeration) in height difference. It was extremely uncomfortable. I brought this to the attention of the receptionist in the morning who agreed to have it looked at.
The breakfast was not a good experience either. Cereals options were good and there was fruit available and a proper toaster. The slices of cheese however looked like they had been out for days as they were dried out and curling up at the edges. The rashers were under cooked and very fatty. The looked awful. When my partner asked for a coffee, he was directed to a pump action coffee pot. I have never seen this in any restaurant of any star before. He jokingly asked if this was really the same thing and was told "yes, it is" and the waitress walked away. Not acceptable.
We left the hotel for the day and on returning that evening at about 8.30pm found the bed had still not been looked at. I went to reception again and the receptionist claimed that nobody had told her about it. Surely that's not the point! At 10.35pm, someone eventually came up and put extra sheets or towels under the lower mattress to bring its height up. That worked fine. The room also did not appear to have been cleaned properly. One of our used glasses was not cleaned or replaced, magazines I had left on the floor (I didn't mean to leave them there, I would normally tidy them away myself) had not been replaced and an empty bottle on the counter was left there.
Breakfast service the second morning was better, my partner was actually offered a coffee (!), but the food standard was the same. Disappointing. I would be fairly sure the same curly cheese was put out. If I was at home, I would have binned cheese looking like that!
On check out we were not charged a room supplement, I presumed this was because of the issues we had so I said nothing. I got a phonecall later that day to explain I should have paid the supplement and allowed the hotel use the card I had given at check in. When I checked my bank account, the original supplement was charged (not the reduced amount agreed after the room change). I emailed the hotel to request I be refunded the difference and also detailed a few of the issues I had. After two days I emailed again for an update as I had heard nothing. The following afternoon I got a phonecall to tell me my card had been refunded. That was it though, no apology and no reply to my email.
I genuinely do not like complaining about hotels but I have stayed in the Carlton in Limerick and the service was much better. This hotel is much more modern looking but I would never stay there again. I do think we may have been unlucky as I heard others in the hotel speak about they lovely time they had (and a lot of the reviews here are very good) but everything we did had problems attached. I waited for a few days to hear from the hotel before I wrote this review so I could see how they dealt with my complaints but as they never apologised or acknowledged my issues, I felt I could put it all in my review. There were other minor issues that I wouldn't even bother writing about but suffice it to say I will never stay here again and would not recommend it to others. The location is not great for Dublin city or Blanch (there are closer hotels at a similar price) so I expected the hotel to try and make up for that, but no, they did the opposite, they encouraged me never to go back.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank IrelandLaura
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stayed in this hotel bankholiday,, jus for the one night, after a long and stressfull day just wanted to relax and eat,,had a lovely meal in the bar which was quite cosy with candels lit around made it so relaxing,, perfect hotel to unwind,,bar staff were lovely,young girl christina was so helpfull,,and food likewise lovely,, will be back sometime over xmas

• Stayed November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kramc
Kilkenny
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked family explorer package as we wanted 2 connecting rooms.We are a family of two adults and 3 kids. We like to able to watch tv at least while the kids sleep. Two days before we were due to go I got a call to say the inter connecting rooms were not available as they had over booked and would a family room or two double rooms be ok.This was very disappointing as it was too late for us to get another hotel. We ended up with an exec room which meant that one child was set up in the walk in wardrobe and this was after many phone calls from us. They did give us free kids meals as an extra but this is not why we booked this hotel.
The dinner that was part of the package was not very good, and not as it was advertised on the menu.
There are no signs to get to the hotel in Blanchardstown (which has very heavy traffic, kids went nuts in the car) when we asked for directions in a garage the man told us people are always asking for direction to this hotel.
The hotel is clean but worn looking. Overall the package is well priced if you get what is advertised but we did not and will not be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sinead D
Wexford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great spacious rooms, close to Aquazone, Tayto Park & the amazing Blanchardstown Centre. We stayed with 2 kids and although there was a slight problem on arrival with the room it was sorted by the Manager quickly. Breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this review, November 17, 2012

Yours Sincerely,

Declan Curtis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrrelstown
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,356 reviews
Castleknock Hotel & Country Club
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport
Dunboyne Castle Hotel And Spa

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!