“Carlton Blanchardstown never again !”

Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked family explorer package as we wanted 2 connecting rooms.We are a family of two adults and 3 kids. We like to able to watch tv at least while the kids sleep. Two days before we were due to go I got a call to say the inter connecting rooms were not available as they had over booked and would a family room or two double rooms be ok.This was very disappointing as it was too late for us to get another hotel. We ended up with an exec room which meant that one child was set up in the walk in wardrobe and this was after many phone calls from us. They did give us free kids meals as an extra but this is not why we booked this hotel.
The dinner that was part of the package was not very good, and not as it was advertised on the menu.
There are no signs to get to the hotel in Blanchardstown (which has very heavy traffic, kids went nuts in the car) when we asked for directions in a garage the man told us people are always asking for direction to this hotel.
The hotel is clean but worn looking. Overall the package is well priced if you get what is advertised but we did not and will not be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sinead D

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great spacious rooms, close to Aquazone, Tayto Park & the amazing Blanchardstown Centre. We stayed with 2 kids and although there was a slight problem on arrival with the room it was sorted by the Manager quickly. Breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed: November 2012
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. Keep an eye on our website for the best possible value on upcoming deals & promotions, I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed November 5, 2012

me and my boyfriend stayed here on a bank holiday monday we had a grabone voucher the hotel itself looked lovely but was a bit far out from the city the room we got was nice but the lock was broken so they moved us to a exclusive room it was fab!! when we went to the bar it was very poor looking twords the rest of the hotel. the staff were so unhelpful n unfriendly we orderd a ceasar salad ha it was a few salad leaves trown together with bits of chiken that looked like thay had already been eaten the plates were still on our table until the bar closed and we moved seats nice hotel but seroiusly need there staff to be trained!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding you recent stay with the Carlton Hotel. I have tried to establish with whom you raised your concerns with in the bar with no success. I have no record of you feedback apart from you complimentary upgrade but I am sorry to read that you were less than satisfied with the overall quality of your stay and would like to assure you that I will do everything possible to ensure that this issue does not arise again in the future.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

Booked midterm family break, had picked out 2 hotels. asked around heard this excellent for kids...that sold it. Had connecting roomz v nice and spacious lovely in every way apart from the ceiling which had extensive water stains. Chk.in v efficient and friendly, food in bar lovely then...went to join kids club w reg form which was given to me whilst checking in. 1.5- 2 hrs later...no kids club. girl sick, only two other girls both in college.no garda vetting was a big defence... tbh totally disgusted wrecked our evening...had to replan w disappointed kids who had heard receptionist explaining kids club activities. and so we organised visit in town got stuck in awful traffic jam with kids and elderly parents. turned around; got lost; stress.com nobody happy. time to change hotels. did just that. had paid on arrival. got money back. polite staff, nice rooms apart from ceiling. hotel did offer to reduce room price. not much good to us though.

• Stayed: October 2012
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

I have to say I am a little confused by your comments; we have nice rooms, efficient staff, lovely food and polite staff all referred to in your review.
The only issues traffic in Dublin City was bad and we would not take a risk with an un-vetted person to mind your children? I am afraid it’s not a risk we are willing to take. Thank you for your feedback.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Stayed with the 2 kids during Halloween break ... Had a fantastic time , staff lovely and friendly , everything very well organised ... The kids loved it and are looking forward to going back .. Fantastic value for family package !!! Meal in restaurant was absolutely fab ... Couldn't fault a thing ... Will definitely be going back ..

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I am delighted that you have enjoyed your visit and I thank you for your feedback in relation to your stay with us. I do hope you have occasion to visit us again soon, I would be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Great hotel, very friendly and helpful staff (especially Grace on reception). We asked for more tea bags in the room and they arrived within 10 mins...that's service. They wrote down directions, printed maps and were more than helpful providing cinema information. Very cheap packages for families including Tayto Park & Aquatic centre (NAC). Family friendly. Only 'tiny' downfall was that the address is a little confusing as Blanchardstown, not Tyrrelstown. Otherwise fab, and we definitely use again when returning to Tayto Park and NAC. Lots of road works going around the hotel on but I'm sure they will be fixed in no time. There is no swimming pool in the hotel but that didnt matter as we used the NAC. Our famaily dinner was delicious in the Thyme restaurant, and very reasonably priced for kids - adult 3 course included in our package. Brilliant.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 305, executive suite, air con/heating brilliant, spacious for family, beautiful ba...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I would definatly recommend to people to stay in this lovely hotel, rooms are lovely decorated, bathroom is really cleaned, at a really good price for room only for one night, the reception were very kind, the village is two mins away which was great. Bus stop outside from the hotel which was great but the bus timetable was terrible.

Declan Curtis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrrelstown
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Travelodge Dublin Phoenix Park
6 mi away
Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest
Roganstown Hotel and Country Club

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!