“shame about the corridors”

Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tyrrelstown
Reviewed June 4, 2012

stayed here while on a shearings holiday, the room was very good beds comfortable lovely bathroom, the only thing is when we arrived we went up to the room only to find all empty bottles and glasses and takeaway box,s outside every room so it was obvious it is used by stag and hen partys and during the night you could hear groups making a noise in the corridor, so i suppose this is the only let down, evening meal was just average, breakfast was only a simple one as we left early.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank tracy0511
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent visit; I am glad overall that you enjoyed your stay. Due to late arrival & delayed departure time from a delayed flight we did experience some delays in clearing the corridors but rest assured this was an isolated occurrence that was rectified as soon as it occurred.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Good location, lovely rooms. At a wedding here. Staff are fantastic, special mention to Declan and his Team, who helped the day go smooth, very 'hands on', more Hotel Managers should be like this.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
DeclanCurtis_GM, Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Dear Dave )*),

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent visit, I am glad you enjoyed it. I am delighted that you had a great time with us here at the Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown and that you enjoyed the evening.

Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel , great for shopping in Blanch. Staff are fab, but unfortunately the fourth floor was crowded with families that appeared to leave their kids in the rooms while the adults stayed in the bar, therefore lots of door banging and noise. This was just the kids, at 5am the adults decided to kick off in the corridor , screaming and fighting .

As I mentioned nice hotel but shame about some Dublin residents.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank hungry01
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments in relation to recent your stay with us here at The Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. It is a great pity that some other residents behaviour impacted on your stay. Rest assured every effort was made to control the behaviour of people concerned and I apologise that the actions of others effected your enjoyment on the night. Thank you for your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact me directly on you next visit.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Had a fab experience of this hotel. As we booked it last minute i was very pleased. The staff were very friendly and helpful. As we arrived I didn't believe the quality of the hotel. The facilities were excellent. The food was lovely and very tasty. The only negative thing was when we arrived and checked in we were giving a room. Everything seem normal at this stage until we went up to the room to relax and we found the room wasn't cleaned. We returned to reception to tell them and to they were very understanding as it wasnt there fault as it was down as been cleaned. The staff were so surprised the upgraded us to a suite. This was very generous of them as they could have just giving up another room. My overall experience of this hotel was excellent. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in this area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank feefamc07
DeclanCurtis_GM, Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to deliver your kind feedback about our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I hope that you find yourself with a chance to return again.

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Went for lunch in the bar on Sunday 13th May at 1pm we were seated a half an hour before waitress came to us she was not exactly run off her feet. When she eventually came to table we asked her what special was she did not know had to go ask we then ordered when she came back. We waiters good15 / 20 mins for food when it came my partners was not what he ordered and I ordered a side of chips which I did not receive. My partner had a beef sandwich which was as tough as old boots I had a panini it was tasteless the nicest thing on the plate was the tortilla chips which came from a bag we were never asked was everything ok I member of staff came to clear plate or asked if we would dessert etc. we were very very disappointed we have eaten in Carlton Tralee & Carlton Abbey these were 10 times better and staff very attentive. We will not be returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank sfitz1235
DeclanCurtis_GM, Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Dear Guest,
Many thanks for highlighting your experience on Sunday last, I would firstly like to apologise for our shortcomings on the day & I will be addressing the issues you have raised with my team as I would deem these serious and concerning. I am very disappointed that both of your meals were below our normal standard. It is one of the areas of our business that we receive the most frequent positive feedback from and therefore I am both surprised and disappointed. I would also like to assure you that this will remain as an isolated incident and any and all corrective coaching will be delivered. It was a pity that you did not take the opportunity to highlight it on the day as I would have take immediate corrective action but If you would like to discuss this any further please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised after staying in this hotel with my daughter. The food in the bar was of good value and very tasty. The room was of average size and I was very impressed with the large separate shower in the bathroom and loved the nice fluffy towles. I had a great night's sleep as the hotel is in a quiet location and although there was a wedding taking place there, I heard no noise whatsoever that night. Tea and Coffee facilities are in the room together with biscuits - nice touch! Will def consider staying there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
DeclanCurtis_GM, Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to deliver your kind feedback about our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here at the Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown. I hope that you find yourself with a chance to return again soon.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Stayed here for three nights over Bank Holiday weekend and was pleasantly surprised by the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. Any queries were answered immediately and helpfully. Our room was clean, bright and comfortable, housekeeping excellent, and meals in the bar area great value. A staff member at reception recommended the local bus service to travel into Dublin which took the stress of driving and finding parking in the city. The bus stop is at the entrance to the hotel and really handy.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Salnix
DeclanCurtis_GM, General Manager at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay I am glad you enjoyed it. It is great to see that you had a great stay with us here at the Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown and that the team took great care of you both.

Declan Curtis

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tyrrelstown
Crowne Plaza Dublin - Blanchardstown
Castleknock Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castleknock
Crowne Plaza Hotel Dublin Airport
Carlton Hotel Dublin Airport

Been to Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown? Share your experiences!