“Run!!!!!!”
Review of The White House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Roscrea
The White House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Roscrea
Galena, Illinois
“Run!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

After staying a night here we wish we would have just slept in our car. How the owners don't feel guilty for what they charged us is shocking to me. Mold in tea kettle, holes in wall, hairs on floor, sink, sheets, shower, dirty, cold, nothing worked, AWFUL. This was the worst place we have ever stayed. We walked into the pub and were taken across the street to stay in an empty building. This should have been a red flag but we were so tired our guard was down. Lesson = ask to see a room before you rent it. BEWARE.

Room Tip: Avoid this place
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank NurseAround

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
galway
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Called in to The White House to get a real Irish welcome, beautiful stove with a roaring fire beside us, greeted by a very professional courtious lady who was our host for the visit, couldn't do enough even went out and reminded us to put a parking ticket on the car. Food was fresh, the vegetables were cooked perfect and the spuds were creamy, my colleagues went for Bacon & cabbage. Absolutely delicious. Well done we will be back

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank sinead h
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Pop in for lunch on route to the castle and damer house.... The girl who servered us was friendly but very unsure of her self
.. General wasnt clean ... Fish was great there wasnt enough chips and they werent good and the salad was sa

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank greatspins
wexford
Reviewed August 7, 2013

don't go here old dirty and run down,,waiting forever for food and for the price it was terrible,would not go here again if I was starving,clean the toilets need to be cleaned badly and the place needs a new lift,.gut it

Room Tip: racket hall hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 982nicola

Travelers are raving about these Roscrea hotels

Nelson, New Zealand
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stopped in thinking we would get a nice B&B experience in small town Ireland. Massive disappointment. We paid 70 Euros for room which was large but wasn't on the premises. It was in a building down the street. It was across the road. It didn't have a phone so we had no way of communicating with the "reception" which was the bar of the pub unless you crossed the road. We were shown the room and told there was WiFi in the pub. The WiFi wouldn't work and the children(I'm not exaggerating here) who were behind the bar couldn't fix it and didn't seem to care. The receptionist/barmaid didn't know what time anything closed like the local supermarkets. There were two interruptions during our stay. One drunken woman tried to get in our room at 2am and a drunken man at 9am when went to breakfast. If I had been travelling alone I would have been very concerned. Breakfast was nice but the waitress was as slow as a wet week.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank goMTBgirl
Ullin, Illinois
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We didn't stay in the hotel this time but we did stop and have a lovely meal at the restaurant as we were touring Roscrea. The food we had was very tasty and the service was lovely. I highly recommend the Irish Stew. I wish I could get them to deliver across the pond.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
dundalk co louth
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I visited here on Wednesday evening on my way thru Roscrea & desided to stop & have some food. We entered the premises and asked to be seated & was told to sit in the bar area were there was used tables and a handbag on the seat. I asked to be seated in the restaurant which we were taken. We ordered our food and 2 diet cokes. The diet cokes came with no ice on one of the hottests hays in the year. I went to the toilet which was distraceful. the smell was terrible, the towel roll was run out & the place was not clean at all. I did not go but came back to the restaurant and sat down while we waited for our food. only we had our food ordered we would have left. I went to the bar for ice and it was quite dirty area & was told they had no ice, later ice came from the kitchen & we were told ther ice machine was broken down. Our food came which was chicken curry & to be honest it was just ok, not very much chicken on the plate for the price. Its a place I will make sure to advoid if ever I pass thru Roscrea again.

Room Tip: Always check the toilets before you order, it tells you how clean a place is.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brendan J M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roscrea
Racket Hall Country House Hotel
#2 of 4 in Portlaoise
Anner Hotel
Anner Hotel
#1 of 3 in Thurles

Been to The White House? Share your experiences!